The Current Affair Capsule is a brief collection of all news of the day. ExamPariksha.com makes a list all important news points day to day.
National News Important Current Affairs Update – 1 July 2016
ExamPariksha publishes day to day current affairs capsule covering relevant fact based daily news to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Here is a sincere attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios from today’s current news.
☀ The Andhra Pradesh government has officially started functioning from the state’s new capital Amaravati.
☀ The Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar dedicated the Defence Communication Network (DCN) to the nation.
- The DCN is a strategic, exclusive, secure and state-of-the-art communication network.
- Implementation of DCN signifies the strength of Indian industry and Make in India program.
- It will ensure Network Centricity across the three Services, Integrated Defence Staff and Strategic Forces Command.
- DCN will provide converged voice, data and video services to the three Services based on secured system.
☀ ‘Prashikshak’, the teacher education portal for District Institutes of Education and Training (DIETs) is launched by the government.
- Prashikshak is a unique first of its kind IT initiative.
- It will contain a comprehensive database of all DIETs in the country with all relevant performance indicators.
- It will benchmark DIETs to enable aspiring teachers to make informed choices about their future and allow Central and State Governments to real time monitor the institutions.
- Prashikshak was established through joint collaboration between Ministry of Human Resource Development and Central Square Foundation.
- Note that: DIETs were formed under the Centrally Sponsored Scheme on Teacher Education (CSSTE). They offer pre-service and in-service teacher training programmes for Government elementary school teachers.
☀ The Union Cabinet approved the 4 laning of three highway projects with an estimated cost of about ₹5,965 crore. These projects are:
- Aurangabad-Telwadi section of NH-211 in Maharashtra,
- Angul-Sambalpur section of NH-42 (New NH-55) in Odisha,
- Phagwara-Rupnagar section of NH-344A in Punjab.
☀ Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti launched an e-file tracking system to automate file, correspondence and document tracking within the state government offices.
☀ Indigenously-built heavyweight anti-submarine torpedo Varunastra has been successfully inducted in the Indian Navy.
- With this India becomes one among 8 countries in the world to have the capability to design and build such anti-submarine torpedo system.
☀ The Indian Air Force will raise the first squadron of home-grown light combat aircraft Tejas with the induction of two aircraft into the force in Bengaluru.
- Tejas is a single-seater, single-engine, lightweight, high-agility supersonic fighter aircraft designed by the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
- It is a result of the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) programme, which began in the 1980s to replace India’s ageing MiG-21 fighters.
- Tejas can fly at 1,350 km per hour and is comparable to the world’s best fighter planes.
- Also, Tejas is superior to Pakistan’s JF-17 which is built jointly with China.
☀ Senior bureaucrat Nand Kishore appointed as Deputy Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG).
☀ The Cabinet has approved the National Mineral Exploration Policy (NMEP), which aims at accelerating the exploration activity through enhanced private sector participation.
- Under NMEP, private investment will be brought through revenue sharing models.
☀ India test-fired a surface-to-air missile, jointly developed with Israel, from Chandipur defence base off the coast of Odisha. This missile includes multi-functional surveillance and threat alert radar systems for tracking, detection, and guidance.
International News Daily Current Affair Capsule – 1 July 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked from current affairs capsule in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
☀ The North Korean Parliament appointed Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un as the ‘Chairman of the State Affairs Commission‘, thereby adding to his list of titles.
- His full title is now the ‘Dear Respected Comrade Kim Jong Un, Chairman of the Workers’ Party of Korea, Chairman of the State Affairs Commission of DPRK and Supreme Commander of the Korean People’s Army‘.
☀ ALPHA, an Artificial Intelligence(AI) developed by American graduate Nick Ernest, has defeated a retired US Air Force Colonel Gene Lee in an aerial combat simulator. It can consider and coordinate the best tactical plan over 250 times faster than human opponents.
☀ Iceland has topped 2016’s annual list of world’s safest vacation spots released by the Global Peace Index. It is followed by Denmark, Austria, New Zealand and Portugal on the list.
☀ The United States-led biennial maritime warfare exercise 25th Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) has begun in Hawaii, bringing together 27 countries around the Pacific Ocean to increase their interoperability at sea. Participating countries include India, South Korea, China, Japan and Singapore as well as European nations like Denmark, France, Germany and Britain.
☀ The 2nd BRICS Youth Summit will be held in Guwahati from 1st to 3rd July 2016. The theme of the Summit 2016 is : ‘Youth as bridge for Intra-BRICS Exchanges’.
Economics News Today’s Current Affair Capsule – 1 July 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy.
☀ The World Bank has signed an agreement with the India-led International Solar Alliance and has committed to lending over $1 billion for Indian solar energy projects. This is WB’s largest financing of solar projects for any country in the world.
- The projects includes solar rooftop technology, infrastructure for solar parks, bringing innovative solar and hybrid technologies to the market consumption, and transmission lines for solar-rich States.
- This comes after PM Narendra Modi sought climate change funds from the World Bank President at recent meeting between them.
☀ Under its ‘My Stamp’ initiative, India Post has allowed individuals and corporate entities to get their photos or logos printed on a postage stamp for ₹12 lakh.
- Note that: India Post has already issued customised ‘My Stamps’ to – Amazon India and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited.
☀ Jeff Bezos-led online retail giant Amazon has topped MIT’s annual list of the world’s smartest companies of 2016. It combines innovative technology with an effective business model.
☀ Suzuki Motor Corp announced that its board has appointed Toshihiro Suzuki, son of Chairman Osamu Suzuki, as its next Chief Executive.
Sports News Current Affair Capsule – 1 July 2016
The following important current affairs capsule about sports news are relevant from exam point of view. Questions might appear in upcoming banking and SSC CGL 2016 exam about the following.
☀ Former Indian team director Ravi Shastri has resigned from the post of Media Representative in the ICC cricket committee. Note that: Shastri has been in the committee for past six years, of which newly-appointed India coach Anil Kumble is the chairman.
☀ Renowned sculptor and painter KG Subramanyan has passed away at age of 92 years. He was also a freedom fighter. Subramanyan was a multifaceted artist credited with being one of the pioneers of Indian modern art.
Usually examiners ask GA or current GK questions in personal interviews and exams focussing on recent events to check how informed you are. This is our contribution towards making students more aware of what to study and what to ignore in daily news. We hope this compilation of current affair capsule was useful for going through today’s important events. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.