Todays Current Affairs 2016 are listed here in a sincere attempt to cover all important topics for staying updated from today’s current affairs 2016.
1 May 2016- National News Daily Current Affairs Updates
Todays current affairs are being published by ExamPariksha.com covering relevant fact based daily important news. To include all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section.
>> Seven bills have been passed in the opening week of the ongoing Parliament session, three bill were passed by Lok Sabha and four by Rajya Sabha.
- 3 nills that Lok Sabha passed are – the Sikh Gurudwaras (Amendment) Bill, 2016; the Regional Centre for Bio-technology Bill,2016 and the Appropriation (Railways) No.2 Bill,2016.
- 4 bills that Rajya Sabha passed are – the Appropriation Acts (Repeal) Bill,2015 ; The Repealing and Amending (Third) Bill,2015 ; The Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order (Amendment) Bill,2016 and The Industries (Development and Regulation) Amendment Bill,2015.
>> From today, Diesel taxis will be stop plying roads in Delhi and National Capital Region (NCR) after the Supreme Court refused to extend the April 30 deadline for diesel operated taxis to convert to CNG to curb air pollution in the capital.
>> The Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016 has come into force from today. As per the notification of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation,
- Rules under the Act will be formulated by the Central and State Governments within six months.
- Real Estate Regulatory Authority will be formulated within 1 year.
- Regulatory Authorities will have to dispose of complaints in 60 days
- Appellate Tribunals will be required to adjudicate cases under 60 days.
>> Rajya Sabha was adjourned abruptly due to lack of quorum. According to the rules, at least 10% members of the total strength of a House are required to be present for Quorum. It is 25 members for the Rajya Sabha comprising 245 members.
>> The National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) has capped the prices of 50 drugs and revised the prices of four others, under the new drug pricing control order, which brings 200 more drug formulations under regulation.
- The National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) is an organization of the Government of India established under the Drugs (Prices Control) Order, 1995.
- It is mandated to fix/ revise the prices of controlled bulk drugs and formulations
- And to enforce prices and availability of the medicines in the country,
- It also monitors the prices of decontrolled drugs to keep them at reasonable levels.
>> More than 1,900 hectares of forest land has come under fire in the Kumaoun and Garwal region of Uttarakhand. The Centre has deployed two MI-17 helicopters to douse the forest fire.
>> The Gujarat government has announced a separate 10% quota for economically backward classes (EBC) in higher education and government jobs. It will cover all upper castes, including Patidars, whose family income does not exceed Rs 6 lakh per annum.
International News Important Current Affairs Updates – 1 May 2016
The following exampariksha listing of international news has important todays current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC, SSC CGL 2016 and State PSCs.
>> May 1 is International Labour Day. Also known as International Worker’s Day or May Day, it is observed every year to promote and encourage the international labour associations.
>> Sri Lanka, facing a balance of payments (BOP) crisis position, has been provided $ 1.5 billion through a three-year-long Extended Fund Facility (EFF) from the International Monetary Fund (IMF). The EFF has been established to provide assistance to countries:
- that are experiencing serious payments imbalances because of structural impediments;
- that are having slow growth and an inherently weak balance of payments position.
>> Latin American nation, Colombia has legalised same-sex marriage, after a verdict by its top court. This makes the country the fourth (Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay were others) in Latin America to do so.
>> India and Papua New Guinea have signed 4 agreements, during President Pranab Mukherjee’s recent visit. Papua New Guinea is the largest of all the Pacific island-nations and this is the first ever presidential visit from India to the pacific country. These MoUs are:
- MoU between India’s ministry of health and family welfare and Papua New Guinea’s ministry of health : for a broad range of cooperation in the field of healthcare and medical science.
- MoU between the Papua New Guinea government and the Export Import Bank of India: for extending a $100-million credit line for infrastructure development in the island-nation.
- MoU between the Indian Council of Agricultural Research and PNG University of Technology, Lae : for cooperation in agricultural research.
- MoU between the Governments of India and Papua New Guinea : for establishing of India-Papua New Guinea Centre for Excellence in IT.
Economics News Today’s Current Affairs Updates – 1 May 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy. We hope this collection on exampariksha.com helps you in increasing your financial awareness.
>> India has resumed publishing its income tax data, which was suspended in 2000 due to staffing and technical issues. India had first published its income tax statistics in 1961.
>> Reliance Defence has signed an agreement with 3 Ukrainian state-owned firms — Ukroboronprom, Spetstechno Exports and Antonov — to collaborate on a range of military products. These include transport aircraft, armoured vehicles, maritime gas turbines and unmanned aerial vehicles.
>> The Telecom Commission has approved the auctining of all availble spectrum across all frequenceies at reserve prices as recommended by TRAI(Telecom Regulatory Authority of India). It includes the contentious 700 MHz band also.
1 May 2016 – Todays Current Affairs Updates Sports News
The following important todays current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view.
>> BCCI resumes bilateral cricket ties with the West Indies starting with a four-Test series in July. BCCI has resolved all outstanding issues regarding the abandonment of the tour by the West Indies to India in 2014.
>> Star Indian boxer, Vijender Singh recorded his 5th consecutive victory in Professional Boxing, defeating Frenchman Matiouze Royer at London’s Copper Box Arena via knock-out.
>> Saina Nehwal suffered defeat against local favourite Yihan Wang in the semifinals of women’s singles of Asian Badminton Championship at Wuhan in China. This was last tournament before the Olympic qualification deadline of May 3rd, hence, Saina fails to qualify for Rio Olympics.
P.S. Usually examiners ask GA or current day to day GK questions in personal interviews and exams focusing on recent events to check how informed you are. We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important current events. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.