The current affairs updates by exampariksha team have all concepts that may be useful for upcoming examinations. Read on for important national, international, economics and sports updates. Share it with your friends to help us enhance our reach.
10 October 2016- National News Daily Current Affairs Updates
Here are todays current affairs being published by ExamPariksha.com covering relevant fact based daily important news.
☀ In a landmark verdict, the Supreme Court has widened the scope of the Domestic Violence Act by ordering deletion of the words “adult male” from it. This opens up the way for prosecution of any person (women and even non-adults) for subjecting a woman relative to violence and harassment.
- What exactly has been done? Striking down of the two words from Section 2(q) of the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005, has been done.
- This deals with respondents who can be sued and prosecuted under the Act for harassing a married woman in her matrimonial home.
- The court said the remaining part of the legislation had been kept untouched and would remain operative.
☀ In India, National Postal Week has begun, aimed at generating a broader awareness about India Post’s role and activities.
☀ A new study has brought in first conclusive evidence of the role played by Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) in reducing ‘socioeconomic disparities’ existing in maternal care in India.
- The JSY was launched in 2005 as part of the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) to improve maternal and neonatal health by promotion of institutional deliveries (childbirth in hospitals).
- Previous studies had shown the impact of JSY in reducing maternal mortality.
- But it was not known if JSY had reduced socioeconomic inequalities — differences in access to maternal care between individual people of higher or lower socioeconomic status.
- Why is it important? High incidence of maternal mortality continue to be prevalent in India. As per the latest Lancet series on maternal health, India accounted for 15 per cent of the total maternal deaths in the world in 2015 — with 45,000 women dying during pregnancy or childbirth — which is second only to Nigeria.
☀ Telangana’s ‘Bathukamma’ festival has entered the Guinness Book of World Records as 9,292 women participated in the ceremony at the LB Stadium in Hyderabad.
- This festival is a symbol of Telangana’s cultural identity and is celebrated during the latter half of the monsoon.
☀ Sikkim will promote the Khangchendzonga National Park and Mount Kanchenjunga as eco-tourism destinations for adventure sports like trekking.
- The government has launched a helicopter tour service for the 8,586-metre-high Mount Kanchenjunga, India’s highest peak.
International News Important Current Affairs Updates – 10 October 2016
The following exampariksha listing of international news has important todays current affairs updates which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC, SSC CGL 2016 and State PSCs.
☀ The United Nations has ratified an agreement to curb the aircraft emissions. This is first such pact to set worldwide limits on a single industry.
- The pact, has been adopted by 191 nations, and sets the countries’ airline emission in 2020 as their ‘allowed discharge’ limit.
- Airlines that will emit in excess will have to buy carbon credits to compensate for the discharge.
10 October Economics Current Affairs Updates 2016
☀ Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis launched India’s first International arbitration centre in Mumbai. Businesses coming to Mumbai will now not need to go to Singapore, Hong Kong or London for arbitration now.
☀ ONGC has signed an agreement to take up stake in Gujarat government’s (GSPC owned) KG Basin gas block. GSPC will benefit from ONGCs’ expertise to tide over its difficulties in production from Deen Dayal fields.
- Note that: When Deen Dayal fields were discovered a decade back, they were touted as biggest discovery in India.
10 October 2016 – Todays Current Affairs Updates Sports News
The following important todays current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view.
☀ India’s Virat Kohli has become the first Indian Test captain to score two double centuries after scoring his first double hundred on home soil on the second day of the third Test against New Zealand.
☀ Top-ranked British tennis player Andy Murray defeated Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov 6-4, 7-6 to win his 5th title of the year at the China Open.
☀ Mercedes’ German Formula One driver Nico Rosberg has won the Japanese Grand Prix in Suzuka.
☀ At the Isle of Man International Chess tournament in Douglas, India’s Harika Dronavalli has defeated China’s Hou Yifan, who is ranked first among women players globally.
- Note that: Harika is ranked 10th worldwide, and registered her fourth win in the championship.
P.S. Usually examiners ask current day to day GK based questions in personal interviews and exams focusing on recent events to check how informed you are. We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important current affairs updates. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We promise never to Spam or Share your personal information with anyone.