National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 11 January 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs daily to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA GK questions in personal interviews focussing on recent events to check how informed you are, is an attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios also.
- 10th January is observed as World Hindi Day with the objective to promote use of Hindi language abroad. Note that: the First World Hindi Conference was organized in Nagpur, India on January 10, 2006, since then every year 10th January is being observed as the World Hindi Day.
- The Indian Army has asked civilians to avoid wearing “Army-pattern” dresses and shopkeepers to refrain from selling combat clothes, as it issued fresh guidelines to the public to prevent terror attacks. The guidelines, to be followed across the country, have come nearly a week after six terrorists infiltrated through the border and launched attack at the Air Force station in Pathankot, claiming the lives of seven security personnel.
- Inspired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Digital India initiative, four techies from Madhya Pradesh’s Rajgarh district have turned three remote villages into first free Wi-Fi hamlets in the country without any government funding. These techies are – Shakeel Anjum, Tushar Barthare, Bhanu Yadav and Abhishek, who have launched the service at Shivnathpura village on October 4 and later extended the facility to Bawadikheda Jagir, Devria on 1st January 2016.
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has unveiled “Laman Diva” as the logo of the first Make in India Week. The Laman Diva or Nanda Deep, has great relevance in our culture as a symbol of auspicious beginning, peace, prosperity, growth. Note that: the First Make in India week is scheduled to be held in Mumbai during 13th February 2016 to 18th February 2016. It will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 11 January 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- For the first time in the history of India, a strong contingent of French Army will march down the Rajpath on Republic Day along with Indian troops. They will march in the presence of French President Francois Hollande who is the chief guest for this year’s Republic Day celebrations. Note that: The French Army is already in India for a joint military exercise, ‘Shakti 2016′. Also, this will be the fifth time which a French leader will be a Chief Guest at India’s Republic Day celebrations, the maximum number from any country so far.
- China’s country code domain ‘.cn’ has become the world’s most commonly used in the internet, surpassing Germany’s ‘.de’ domain. According to the data released by the China Internet Network Information Centre (CNNIC), which manages the domain – ‘.cn’ had 16.36 million users by the end of year 2015.
- Economist Paul Kaba Thieba has been named as the Prime Minister of West African Country Burkina Faso by the President Roch Marc Christian Kabore. This announcement was made a week after the president was sworn in as the country’s first new leader in almost three decades following his election in November 2015.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Update – 11 January 2016
- Urjit Patel, the Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in-charge of the monetary policy department, has been re-appointed for a term of three years. He will complete his three-year term on January 10th, and he could become the longest serving deputy governor in recent times if he serves the full three-year term. This is because most of recent deputy governors served a maximum of five years.
- RBI has four Deputy Governors, two are from outside, a commercial banker and an economist while two others are promoted from within its ranks.
- The other three Deputy Governors of RBI are: H.R. Khan, S.S. Mundra and R. Gandhi.
- Wipro Ltd chairman Azim Premji has been named as the ‘Most Generous Indian‘ in the Hurun India Philanthropy List 2015, a ranking of the most generous individuals from India released . This is the third successive year which Premji has topped the philanthropy list.
- Azim Premji has donated Rs 27,514 crore for education through The Azim Premji foundation. It works in 8 states and has more than 350,000 schools.
- Tata Steel Limited has been declared as the winner of Prime Minister’s Trophy for being the ‘Best Performing Integrated Steel Plant‘ in the country for the performance year 2013 – 2014.
- Mukesh Ambani, Chairman of Reliance Industries, has announced that he will invest in West Bengal. These Investments will come mostly through its telecom arm, Reliance Jio. Around Rs. 5,000 crore have already been invested in laying high-speed optical fibre (for faster broadband connections) and connecting various parts of the State.
- Hindustan Zinc Ltd. (HZL) will invest Rs.8,000 crore in the next 3-5 years as the Vedanta Group firm looks to expand operations and capacity.
Sports News Daily Current Affairs Update – 11 January 2016
- Stanislas Wawrinka of Switzerland has clinched the third consecutive Chennai Open tennis title by beating Borna Coric of Croatia.
- The Philippines’ Miguel Tabuena has been voted as the Hilton Asian Tour Golfer of Month for December 2015. Tabuena has won the award by beating Thailand’s Phachara Khongwatmai and India’s Himmat Rai.
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.