ExamPariksha.com publishes day to day news for current affairs download. Usually examiners ask GA or current GK questions in personal interviews and exams focusing on current general knowledge to check how informed you are.
National News Daily Current Affairs Download – 11 October 2016
Here are relevant fact based daily news to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere.
☀Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has paid tributes to Loknayak Jayprakash Narayan on his birth anniversary.
- Popularly known as “Loknayak”, he was posthumously awarded the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian award, in recognition of his social work in 1999.
- He was an Indian independence activist, social reformer and political leader, remembered especially for leading the mid-1970s opposition against Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, who had imposed emergency in the country.
☀ The Centre has decided to give a unique ID to every judge in the country in to keep a record of their judgements.
- The judges’ data will be available to the public through National Judicial Data Grid (NJDG) after their judicial records are linked to their respective IDs.
☀ Telangana has announced the creation of 21 new districts, thereby taking the total number of districts in the state from 10 to 31. The reorganisation of districts has been taken up for better administration.
International News Important Current Affairs Updates – 11 October 2016
The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
☀ The International Day of the Girl Child, has been observed on every year on October 11. This year’s theme is “Girls’ Progress = Goals’ Progress: What Counts for Girls,”. It highlights the role of data in contributing to the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 5, which is to achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls by 2030.
☀ India donates 9.3 million rupees to Nelson Mandela Foundation to help it in its welfare work for people of South Africa.
☀ Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos has announced that he will donate his Nobel Peace Prize money worth $925,000 to victims of Colombia’s 52-year-old civil war, between the government and FARC rebels.
- Note that : Santos had won this year’s Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to resolve the conflict.
☀ A total of 5 Indian-Americans have been featured on Forbes list of the US’ 400 richest people in 2016.
- Romesh T Wadhwani, founder and chairman of Symphony Technology Group, rose 12 places to come in at 222nd out of 400 this year.
- Bharat Desai and Neerja Sethi, co-founders of IT consulting and outsourcing company Syntel Inc. came 274th in the list, with a net worth of $2.5 billion.
- Rakesh Gangwal, co-founder of InterGlobe Aviation – which runs India’s largest airline IndiGo – made his debut entry at 321st place with a net worth of $2.4 billion.
- John Kapoor, chairman of drug outfits Akorn Inc. and Insys Therapeutics Inc. got the 335th rank with a net worth of $2.1 billion.
- India-born Kavitark Ram Shriram, a board member of Google parent Alphabet Inc. is 361st in Forbes’ rankings.
☀ Union Power Secretary PK Pujari has announced, India is planning to supply 500 MW power to Sri Lanka through a network of sub-sea underground cables. Sri Lanka needs power from India to meet its domestic needs but nothing has fructified yet in the absence of an adequate transmission infrastructure.
☀ South Africa’s coast town George now has the Africa’s first solar-powered “green” airport. The regional airport has 2,000 solar panels which produce up to 750 kW daily, while the daily airport requirement is 400 kW. The excess is supplied to the municipal power grid.
Economics News Today’s Current Affairs Download – 11 October 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy. We hope this collection on exampariksha.com helps you in increasing your financial awareness.
☀ Indian Railways will introduce three train coaches with glass ceilings in trains in Kashmir Valley and Araku Valley. Jointly designed by organisations including IRCTC and Integral Coach Factory (ICF), the manufacturing cost of each coach is reportedly around ₹4 crore.
☀ According to the International Monetary Fund’s latest Global Financial Stability Report, Indian Banks have been ranked third from the bottom in terms of Tier 1 capital ratio among major emerging market economies. Only Russian and Chilean banks were ranked below India.
- Note that: Tier 1 capital is the core measure of a bank’s financial strength from a regulator’s point of view.
☀ Technology giant Samsung has completely stopped its Galaxy Note 7 sales after fires were also reported in replacements that were claimed to be “safe”. Further, Samsung has asked consumers with Note 7 to turn off the power and seek a refund or exchange them for different phones.
11 October 2016 – Sports Current Affairs Download News Today
The following important current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view. Questions might appear in upcoming banking and SSC CGL 2016 exam about the following.
☀ China has appointed Basketball player Yao Ming as its ambassador for Mars, in order to promote China’s first mission to the Red Planet in 2020. Note that: China aims to send a rover to Mars to join NASA’s Curiosity spacecraft.
☀ In the BRICS U-17 Football tournament at Goa, China scored 1-0 win against India.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important news. These are also for those looking for daily current affairs download. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.