National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 13 January 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs daily to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA GK questions in personal interviews focussing on recent events to check how informed you are, is an attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios also.
- (12th January) has been celebrated as the National Youth Day. This day is celebrated every year on 12th of January, which is the birth anniversary of social reformer, philosopher and thinker Swami Vivekananda. Since 1985 onwards, National Youth Day is being celebrated all over the country as an inspiration for all youth. He is a shining example of how much could be accomplished in a short time-span.
- Himachal Pradesh’s folk dance Kullu Natti has entered the Guinness Book of World Record as the largest folk dance in the world.
- The Supreme Court has passed a stay order on the Modi government’s lifting of four-year-old ban on holding of Jallikattu in the poll-bound state of Tamil Nadu.
- The government has unveiled a concerted action plan to reduce road accidents by half, by making it mandatory to install safety air bags in all passenger vehicles, spending Rs. 11,000 crore to fix fatal road spots and cracking down on bogus driving licences. The government also plans to declare about 50,000 km of highways as National Highways (NH).
- The government has showcased several low-cost medical innovations including home kits for measuring blood glucose, hemoglobin levels and real-time diagnosis of malaria, dengue. These innovations have been developed by the Centre’s Department of Biotechnology (DBT) as well as by start-ups supported by the government.
- Union Minister for Science and Technology, Harsh Vardhan , has that said India’s medical technology was fourth largest in Asia and by 2025 it will be worth USD 20 billion.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has released a book titled “Maru Bharat Saru Bharat” (My India Noble India) written by Jain Acharya Ratnasundersuriswarji Maharaj through video conference.
- Scientists at Central Institute for Research on Buffaloes (CIRB) in Hisar has claimed to have successfully produced a cloned buffalo offspring ‘Cirb Gaurav‘. With this CIRB has become India’s second centre to produce a cloned buffalo.
- Border Security Force (BSF) has launched ‘Operation Cold‘ along the international border in Rajasthan over Sriganganagar, Bikaner, Barmer and Jaisalmer which will continue till January 30. This Operation Cold was launched to check any infiltration or intrusion from Pakistan in fog and cold wave weather conditions in the western desert.
- Telangana has become the first State to introduce compulsory gender education at the graduate level. Without repeating gender stereotypes in its bilingual textbook titled, ‘Towards a World of Equals.’ From information on unacknowledged women writers of Telangana to problems of sex selection and women’s work in politics and economics, the book attempts to cover it all.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 13 January 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- A new Social Security Agreement that have been signed between India and Australia has come into operation enabling people of both nations to avail retirement benefits in each other’s country, a pact that is likely to boost bilateral business linkages. The agreement was signed in November 2014 and in came into operation on January 1, 2016.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Update – 13 January 2016
- The import cover of India’s foreign exchange reserves has increased to 9.8 months as at September-end 2015 from 8.9 months in March-end 2015, according to the recently Reserve Bank of India’s ‘Half-yearly Report on Management of Foreign Exchange Reserves’. Note that: Import cover of reserves is the traditional trade-based indicator of reserve adequacy. This adequacy of reserves is an important parameter in gauging a country’s ability to absorb external shocks.
- Capital market regulator SEBI has tightened the norms for governing mutual funds investment in debt securities by lowering the maximum exposure which a fund can have in a single company and sector. According to these new regulations, a mutual fund debt scheme can’t invest more than 10 per cent of its corpus in a debt instrument issued by a company. Earlier the limit was 15 per cent.
- Airbus Group has announced, it has appointed Ashish Saraf as Vice-President – Industry Development, Strategic Partnerships and Offsets.
- Asia’s oldest stock exchange, Bombay Stock Exchange, will soon get its own postage stamp. Also notable here is, BSE had recently become the world’s fastest stock exchange after clocking a median trade speed of six micro seconds.
- Bank of Baroda has announced, it has timely paid over Rs 95 crore as interest to the beneficiaries of its additional tier-I Basel-III compliant bonds issue of Rs 1,000 crore.
- RINL (Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited) , the corporate entity of Visakhapatnam Steel Plant has inked an MoU with the Andhra Pradesh government. This MoU envisages investment of around Rs. 38,500 crore to take up various projects at Visakhapatnam.
Sports News Daily Current Affairs Update – 13 January 2016
- Sony Pictures Networks India (SPN) has announced the launch of two sports channels in partnership with ESPN, which is making a comeback in India. These two channels will be, SONY ESPN and SONY ESPN HD, will go live on January 17.
- Lionel Messi has won the 2015 FIFA Ballon d’ Or Award after beating of the challenge from Ronaldo and Neymar. It is Messi’s record breaking 5th Ballon d’Or Award. While Carli Lloyd of United States has won FIFA Women’s World Player of the Year award.
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.