ExamPariksha publishes daily Current Affairs pdf to cover all the important news from major newspapers and government releases. Today’s current affairs are listed under national, international, economy, sports – related topics for easier understanding of Current GK topics.
National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 15 December 2016
The developments in the National sphere are listed in this section.
☀ The Supreme Court has passed direction to setup a panel, in order to enhance a sense of security and inclusion of the people from north-eastern states who face racial violence and hate crimes.
- The panel, is to be headed by a Joint Secretary-level officer, for suggesting measures. It has been given powers for ensuring strict action in incidents of racial discrimination, racial atrocities and racial violence.
- The court has also directed the government to implement MP Bezbaruah committee‘s suggestion for effective monitoring mechanism. It stressed that mindsets have to be changed as involvement of the law enforcement machinery is alone not sufficient to resolve the problem.
The Bezbaruah panel was set up by the Home Ministry in February, 2014 in the wake of attacks on the people from the Northeast in Delhi and other parts of the country – including the death of Nido Tania, a student from Arunachal Pradesh.
☀ The National Green Tribunal has banned the sale and use of glass-coated thread, including Chinese manjha, for flying kites in the whole country.
☀ Union Cabinet approved MoU between Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) and Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO). It will facilitate South-South cooperation mechanisms around Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM)’s experience through exchange visits and dialogues.
About Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana –
National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY -NRLM) is a flagship rural poverty reduction program of Ministry of Rural Development launched nationwide with the objective of social mobilization, financial inclusion and sustainable livelihoods promotion. It promotes existing livelihood portfolios of the rural poor in farm and non-farm sectors.
☀ Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is planning to send two nano satellites (NanoCrafts) into space.
- Namely INS-1A & INS-1B, weighing 10 kg each including payload mass of 5 kg.
- These nano satellites are meant for technology demonstration.
- Their mission life is expected to be 6-12 months.
☀ The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill has been passed by the Rajya Sabha. It will replace the Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995.
- This legislation makes Indian laws compliant with the UN Convention on Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- The number of disabilities listed has risen from seven earlier to 21 disabilities in the final bill, including acid attack and Parkinson’s disease.
- It recognises the need for reservation in promotion for them.
- The bill sets 2-year deadline to get barrier-free access in all types of physical infrastructure and transport systems.
☀ As a part of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities, Antrix Corporation Limited, has adopted Brahmasandra Village, Tumukuru district, Karnataka. Antrix is a Public Sector Unit under Department of Space and the commercial arm of ISRO.
☀After making Aadhaar mandatory for JEE-Mains, the engineering entrance exam, the government is planning to link Aadhaar with exams like CAT, NEET and NET from the year 2017. During these exams, a biometric attendance system using fingerprint recognition will be used for identity verification.
☀ Four Border Haats are operational along the India-Bangladesh border, where trade is permitted to be carried out in Indian Rupees/Bangladesh Taka and on barter basis.
- Two border haats are located in Meghalaya at Kalaichar and Balat and two are located in Tripura at Srinagar and Kamalasagar.
- No border haats in operation along the Bhutan and Myanmar borders.
- Aim of Border Haats: to promote wellbeing of the people dwelling in remote areas across the borders of two countries
International News Current Affairs PDF – 15 December 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) that may feature in interviews, written exams. Following these developments help form an opinion for an aware citizen.
☀ The 9th edition of exercise INDRA NAVY, an annual bilateral maritime exercise between Indian Navy and Russian Navy began in the Bay of Bengal.
- Meant to increase inter-operability amongst the two navies and develop common understanding and procedures for maritime security operations. The exercise will be held in two phases –Harbour Phase and Sea Phase. :
☀ Malaysia has installed its 15th king, Sultan Muhammad V, in a ceremony marked by honour guards and Islamic prayers in the national palace in Kuala Lumpur. The King of Malaysia is changed every five years between rulers of its nine states.
☀ Israel has received the first two of its 50 F-35 stealth fighter jets from US. With this, Israel becomes the first country after the US to get the warplanes.
☀ Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval for signing of the revised Air Services Agreement (ASA) between India and Nigeria.
Economics News Today’s Current Affairs PDF – 15 December 2016
The following economics current affairs update covers all important economy news for all type of exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy.
☀ The US Federal Reserve has raised its benchmark interest rate by 0.25 per cent, citing a stronger economic growth and rising employment.. This is only the second increase in a decade. The Chair of the Federal Reserve, Janet Yellen has said that the economic outlook was highly uncertain and the rise was only a modest shift. US President-elect Donald Trump has promised policies to boost growth through tax cuts, spending and deregulation.
☀ Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani and Tata Sons Chairman Emeritus Ratan Tata with Bill Gates, Jack Ma and other billionaires have created a $1 billion fund to invest in clean energy. It is called the Breakthrough Energy Ventures, to invest for fighting climate change through innovation in clean energy over the next 20 years.
☀ Google has announced that it will replace Adobe Flash Player content with HTML5 over the next two months, as the default option on its Chrome browser. This means that unless a website has an HTML5 content player, the Flash content will not display.
☀ The Union Cabinet has approved the protocol amending the agreement between India and Tajikistan for avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income.
☀ Augmented reality mobile game Pokémon Go has now officially launched in India,by its developer Niantic in partnership with Reliance Jio. This comes after nearly five months of its rollout in the US.
15 December 2016 – Sports News Today Current Affairs PDF
The following important current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view.
☀ Olympic silver medallist PV Sindhu has been honoured with the Most Improved Player of the Year award by Badminton World Federation. Sindhu started the year 2016 as 12th ranked and achieved her career-best rank of 7th in December.
☀ Two-time Olympian and World Championships’ bronze medalist Shiva Thapa has won a Gold medal at the National Boxing Championships, his first in the lightweight (60 kg) category, in Guwahati.
☀ Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal has been named an ‘Integrity Ambassador‘ by the Badminton World Federation to promote “clean, fair and honourable sport.”
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s current events of importance. Please share your opinion in comments below. You can download the current affairs pdf by clicking on the “print pdf” button and saving it as a pdf. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We promise never to Spam or Share your personal information with anyone.