ExamPariksha.com publishes day to day news for current affairs download. Usually examiners ask GA or current GK questions in personal interviews and exams focusing on current general knowledge to check how informed you are.
National News Daily Current Affairs Download – 16 July 2016
Here are relevant fact based daily news to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere.
☀ The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee has inaugurated the India Skills Competition -‘India Skills-2016’ in New Delhi on the occasion of the World Youth Skills Day on 15th July. He also launched an International Skill Centre, a PMKVY 2.0, a Labour Market Information System and Skills Online.
- India is a young nation with 62% of its population in the working age group.
- More than 54% of the total population of the country is below 25 years of age.
- As a consequence, around 15 million youth enter the workforce each year.
☀ The Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology and Law & Justice, Ravi Shankar Prasad has formally launched new Transforming India website – www.transformingindia.mygov.in
- ‘Transforming India’ website is a community based platform that facilitates two-way communication between the government and citizens.
- It is also a social platform on which users can share their opinions about various initiatives of the government.
- It is repository for sharing the impact of various governance initiatives with citizens in real-time.
- This website provides information in a user-friendly format like Infographics, e-books, performance dashboard, videos, daily news corner, etc. and allows citizens to engage with the content by comments and sharing the content through Social Media.
☀ Archaeological Site of Nalanda Mahavihara (Nalanda University) has been inscribed in World Heritage List by UNESCO.
- Nalanda was founded by Kumargupta I of the Gupta dynasty in 5th century CE.
- It was patronized by various rulers including King Harshavardhan of Kannauj (7th century CE) and the Pala rulers (8th – 12th century CE).
- This great monastic-cum-scholastic establishment is located around 88 km away from Patna, the state capital of Bihar.
- It presents a key archaeological evidence of a truly international centre for organised learning.
☀ Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan lead cabinet has cleared the proposal for establishing a Happiness Department. It is a first in India which will craft policies to increase the level of happiness among citizens. An initial sum of ₹3.80 crore has been allocated for setting up the department.
☀ The Registrar General of India (RGI) has released Census 2011 data on disabled population by type of disability, educational level and sex.
- The total disabled population is 2.68 crores in Census 2011
- 1.46 crores (54.5%) of them are literates
- The remaining 1.22 crores (45.5%) are illiterates.
- In previous census a decade ago, the percentage of literates among disabled population was 49.3% and the remaining 50.7% were illiterates.
☀ Rakesh Kumar Chaturvedi, has been appointed as the new Chairperson of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
International News Important Current Affairs Updates – 16 July 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked from current affairs in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
☀ India and the European Union have reviewed the progress of long-stalled talks for the proposed free trade agreement (FTA). Post-Brexit, the Chief negotiators of European Union and India have deliberated upon the Broad Based Bilateral Trade and Investment Agreement (BTIA) negotiations in New Delhi.
- These negatiations started in 2007, since then 16 rounds of talks have been held.
- The BTIA is aimed at reducing or significantly eliminating tariffs on goods, facilitate trade in services and boost investments between the EU and India.
- The last round was held in May 2013 after which negotiations have been suspended.
- Both the sides are yet to bridge substantial gaps on crucial issues, like data security status for the IT sector.
☀ UNESCO has declared nine sites to its ‘World Heritage List’, including the Nalanda University in Bihar. The other sites are – the Archaeological Site of Philippi in Greece and the Antequera Dolmens Site in Spain. It also added the Archaeological Site of Ani in Turkey, the Persian Qanat in Iran and Nan Madol in Micronesia.
☀French President François Hollande announced the extension of a state of emergency in the country by another three months following an attack in Nice, in which a truck rammed into people, killing at least 84.
- Note that : The emergency was first imposed after the Paris attacks in November 2015.
☀ The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared India is Maternal and Neonatal Tetanus free. Previously in May 2016, WHO certified India yaws-free after a team of experts verified interruption of disease transmission in the country. Yaws is a chronic bacterial infection that affects the skin, bones and cartilages.
- Note that: India is the first country under the 2012 WHO neglected tropical diseases (NTD) roadmap to eliminate yaws.
Economics News Today’s Current Affairs Download – 16 July 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy. We hope this collection on exampariksha.com helps you in increasing your financial awareness.
☀ Former Reserve Bank of India governor D Subbarao’s new book titled “Who Moved My Interest Rates“ has been released. It gives an account of the dilemmas Subbarao confronted while leading the Reserve Bank through the extraordinary economic and political challenges from 2008 to 2013.
☀ In an effort to improve customer service, the RBI has asked banks to exchange up to 20 pieces of soiled currency notes over the counter, free of charge (with a maximum value of Rs 5,000) . If the number of notes to be exchanged is more than 20, banks can levy service charge.
☀ India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) have signed a 100 million dollars loan agreement for irrigation projects, drainage system and water management in Vennar sub-basin of Cauvery delta in Tamil Nadu.
- This project seeks to improve water management and strengthen embankments of 6 major irrigation water channels in Vennar system.
- Note that: Cauvery river basin is a critical source of water for agriculture in Tamil Nadu and its neighbouring states. A vast majority of the delta’s population is engaged in farming and fishing activities for livelihood.
☀ The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has constituted a 13 Member inter-regulatory Working Group (WG) to study the entire range of regulatory issues pertaining to Fin Tech (financial technology) and Digital Banking in India. It has been asked to submit its report within six months from the date of its first meeting.
- It is headed by : Sudarshan Sen (Executive director of RBI).
- It will consider the growing significance of Fin Tech innovations and their interactions with the financial sector as well as the financial sector entities.
What is FIN TECH? – Technology startups in the financial services space are called Fin-tech. It includes any technological innovation in the financial sector, including innovations in :
- financial literacy and education,
- retail banking,
- crypto-currencies like bitcoin.
- mobile banking,
- mobile trading on commodities exchanges,
- digital wallets
16 July 2016 – Sports Current Affairs Download News Today
The following important current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view. Questions might appear in upcoming banking and SSC CGL 2016 exam about the following.
☀ India has made a big leap of 11 places to occupy 152nd spot in the latest world football rankings issued by the FIFA. While Iran remains Asia’s number one ranked team placed at 39th place, Overall, Argentina remain on top, despite losing to Chile in the Copa America Centenario summit clash.
☀GM Harika Dronavalli has won Fide Women’s Grand Prix trophy held in Chendu, China. While Chinaher grabbed maiden career GP title.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important news. These are also for those looking for daily current affairs download. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We promise never to Spam or Share your personal information with anyone.