National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 18 April 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs daily to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA GK questions in personal interviews focussing on recent events to check how informed you are, is an attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios also.
- The Mumbai Press Club has selected T N Ninan, Chairman and Editorial Director of Business Standard, for the 2016 ‘RedInk Award for Lifetime Achievement in Journalism‘.
- The Haryana government has announced an increase in the medical and dearness allowances granted to state government employees. This move would put an additional cost of ₹315.34 crore annually on the state exchequer. Note that: The medical allowance granted to employees would be increased by 10%, and the dearness allowance by 6%.
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has launched free Wi-Fi service at Bhubaneswar railway station. The station became the second station to be covered under the free Wi-Fi project, after Mumbai Central in January this year. Note that: Under the Digital India initiative, Google and RailTel have collaborated to make Wi-Fi network available across 100 stations to deliver high-speed Internet to 10 million Indians a day by the end of this year.
- The Indian Army has conducted major battle exercise named as ‘Shatrujeet’ in the Thar Desert of Rajasthan near to the border with Pakistan. The sole purpose of this exercise was to evaluate the capability of the Indian Army and fine tune its proactive war strategy to respond swiftly to any threat to nation’s security.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 18 April 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- NASA has successfully installed the first ever expandable structure, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on the International Space Station (ISS). In May, it would be expanded to 10.5 feet in diameter and 13 feet in length, nearly five times its compressed size. With the project, NASA aims at studying concepts for habitats that can keep astronauts healthy in space.
- (17th April) is World Hemophilia Day. This day aims at raising awareness about haemophilia and other inherited bleeding disorders. Theme of 2016 : Treatment for all is the vision of all.
- Haemophilia – a rare blood disease in which blood continues to flow after a cut or other injury because one of the substances which causes it to clot does not work correctly.
- French President Francois Hollande has announced a €100 million in aid for Lebanon over the next three years as it currently hosts over a million Syrian refugees.
- On the first leg of her Two Nation – Three Day visit, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has reached Iran. She and her Iranian counterpart Mohammad Javad Zarif held delegation level talks to review bilateral relations. The focus of the talk was to increase Indian investment in energy, ports, and connectivity in Iran.
- India has decided to allow People belonging to minority communities of Pakistan, staying in India on a Long Term Visa, to buy property, open bank accounts and get PAN and Aadhaar cards.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar is on his first official visit to China. During this visit, Mr Parrikar is set to hold talks with the country’s top political and defence leaders.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Update – 18 April 2016
- According to data by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) into India has increased by 37% to $39.32 billion during 2015. Note : Computer hardware and software sector has attracted the highest FDI, followed by services, trading business, automobile industry and chemicals.
- Notably, Singapore has emerged as the biggest FDI source, followed by Mauritius, US, Netherlands and Japan.
Sports News Daily Current Affairs Update – 18 April 2016
- Mercedes AMG Petronas driver Nico Rosberg has won the Chinese Grand Prix at the Shanghai International Circuit.
- Former Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq has resigned as the head coach of the Afghanistan national cricket team. He is set to become the Chief Selector of the Pakistan cricket team.
- Rafael Nadal has clinched his 9th Monte Carlo Masters title after defeating 29-year-old Frenchman Gaël Monfils. This was Nadal’s 100th ATP World Tour final match.
- Indian artistic gymnast Dipa Karmakar has created history by becoming the first Indian woman gymnast to qualify for Olympics. She achieved this feat after her strong performance at the final qualifying which helped her to book 2016 Rio Olympics Games berth to be held in August 2016.
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.