National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 19 April 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs daily to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA GK questions in personal interviews focussing on recent events to check how informed you are, is an attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios also.
- The Union Government has leased a commemorative coin of 200 rupees and a circulation coin of 10 rupees on freedom fighter Tatya Tope, on the occasion of the Martyrdom Day of Tatya Tope (18th April) in New Delhi. Note that: The Union Ministry of Culture has been celebrating the 200th Birth Anniversary of Tatya Tope in association with State Government of Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
- The Maharashtra Government has banned digging of borewells beyond 200 feet in order to check the steep decline in ground water level across the state. This decision has been taken in the wake for severe drought and decreasing ground water level across various regions in the state.
- The Lahaul-Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh has decided to implement the ‘odd and even’ vehicle system on the Manali-Leh highway. This comes after regular reports of traffic jams on the Manali-Koksar road after the Rohtang Pass was opened. From now, on odd dates – vehicles would be allowed from Manali towards Lahaul-Spiti, while it will be the reverse on even dates.
- The Ceasefire between the Centre and the NSCN-IM (National Socialist Council of Nagaland- Isak Muivah) has been extended by another year i.e. till April 2017. In this regard, the ceasefire agreement was signed between the Union Government and GPRN/NSCN, one of the strongest factions of Nagaland.
- The Maharashtra government has made it mandatory to have a barcode and hologram on liquor bottles to eliminate the problem of spurious liquor. This ‘track and trace’ mechanism will reveal the authenticity of the liquor to the customer and officials. The polyester-based hologram sticker will have to be fixed on bottles by manufacturers of both Indian Made Foreign Liquor and country spirits. The hologram cannot be replicated or reused and will also reveal if the liquor is duty-evaded or smuggled.
- Following the Railway Budget, Indian Railways will shortly be launching Phone Ticket Cancellation Service, wherein passengers will be able to cancel their reserved tickets booked through counters by dialing 139. At the beginning, the service can only be availed by passengers whose train departs between 11 pm and 6 am.
- The world’s largest wooden Charkha (spinning wheel) is going to be installed at Terminal 3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi. The four-tonne Charkha made from high-quality teak wood, which is estimated to last for over 50 years.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 19 April 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- (18th April) has been celebrated as the International Day for Monuments and Sites. This day is popularly known as World Heritage Day. It was established by UNESCO in the year 1983. The Theme for 2016 : The Heritage of Sport.
- A ban has been imposed with immediate effect on the use of animals in tests for manufacturing soaps and detergents.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Update – 19 April 2016
- The BRICS New Development Bank (NDB) has approved its first package of loans worth 811 million dollars for 4 renewable energy projects in Brazil, China, South Africa and India.
- The Haryana government has launched five online services for registration of firms and 18 incentive schemes. These measures are aimed at bringing more transparency and further improve the efficiency in the process of registration of partnership firms.
Sports News Daily Current Affairs Update – 19 April 2016
- Australia has won the 25th edition of Sultan Azlan Shah Hockey Tournament 2016 for record 9th time. Australia beat India 4-0 in final in Ipoh.
- Former Pakistan cricket team captain, Inzamam-ul-Haq has been appointed as the Chairman of the senior selection committee of the Pakistan Cricket Board.
- Ace tennis player Rafael Nadal (Spain) has won the 2016 Monte Carlo Rolex Masters title of by beating Gael Monfils (France).
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.