National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 19 January 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs daily to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA GK questions in personal interviews focussing on recent events to check how informed you are, is an attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios also.
- The Justice RV Easwar led Committee on simplification of Income Tax laws has recommended a 5% reduction of Tax Deduction at Source (TDS) rates for individuals and Hindu Undivided Families (HUF). Presently, the TDS rate stands at 10% for individuals and HUFs.
- With all the trustees agreeing to the proposal of depositing the idle gold of the temple, the Somnath Temple Trust of Gujarat is set to become the first temple in the State to deposit in the Gold Monetisation Scheme. The trust has around 35 kg of gold, out of which the portion that is not used for day-to-day purposes will be deposited under the scheme.
- The 48 hour countdown for the launch of the rocket PSLV-C31 has begun at Sriharikotta. The rocket will carry the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite Systems,IRNSS-1E. It is the fifth in the series of seven satellites meant for navigation system.
- India’s Dinesh Sharma, Additional Secretary of Ministry of Finance has been elected to the 12-member board of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank(AIIB). This will be the first board of directors for the new bank led by China in which 57 members have joined as founding members.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 19 January 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- NASA has launched SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket with Jason 3 ocean monitoring satellite from California’s Vandenberg Air Force Base in the USA. The satellite will examine the topography of the ocean floor to help study the effects of climate change and human induced changes on the ocean.
- French President Francois Hollande has declared “a state of economic and social emergency“, as he unveiled a $2.2 billion plan to revive hiring in France and redefine the country’s business model in wake of ongoing slump.
- WhatsApp has decided to stop charging its users with yearly subscription fee of $1 “over the next several weeks”. The company will now monetise from big businesses by providing customer service through WhatsApp.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Update – 19 January 2016
- Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has launched a WhatsApp-based complaint redressal system for BSNL in Indore.
- The flagship project of Income Tax Department for the processing of tax returns, the Centralized Processing Centre (CPC), Bengaluru, has been awarded “ISO 9001:2008 standard for Quality Management System” Certificate by the British Standards Institution (BSI). This certificate encompasses all business services and business enabler services of CPC.
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the Food Processing sector is likely to go up by at least 25% as FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) streamlines regulations to ease product approvals.
- Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd (R-Jio), the telecom venture of Mukesh Ambani, has signed agreements with his brother Anil Ambani’s Reliance Communications Ltd (R-Com) to trade and share telecom spectrum. They have signed agreements “for change in spectrum allotment in 800 MHz band across 9 circles from RCom (R-Com) to RJIL (R-Jio), and also for sharing of spectrum in 800 MHz band across 17 circles.”
Sports News Daily Current Affairs Update – 19 January 2016
- Delhi Acers have been crowned the champions of the inaugural edition of the Premier Badminton League after they defeated the Mumbai Rockets in the final at Delhi.
- Ajit Chandila of Rajasthan Royals and Hiken Shah of Mumbai have been handed a lifetime ban and a five-year ban respectively for their roles in the controversial IPL spot-fixing scam.
- Chris Gayle has equalled the record for fastest fifty in T20s as he scored his half-century off 12 balls, thus sharing the record with Indian all-rounder Yuvraj Singh.
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.