ExamPariksha.com publishes daily current affairs breif for pdf download, covering national, international, economics, sports sections.
National News Daily Current Affairs Download – 20 December 2016
Here are relevant fact based daily news to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere.
☀ An NIA court has awarded death sentence to 5 Indian Mujahideen terrorists, including Yasin Bhatkal, for their involvement in the 2013 twin blasts in Hyderabad, in which 21 people were killed.
- These terrorists Yasin Bhatkal, Zia-ur-Rehman, Asadullah Akhtar, Tahseen Akhtar and Ajaz Sheikh have been convicted. While, the prime accused in the case, Riyaz Bhatkal, is still absconding.
☀ Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has announced that non-smartphone users of the Indian Railways will soon be able to book tickets through their feature phones also.
- Indian Railways will introduce e-wallets to encourage payment through mobile applications. Railway ministry’s focus remains on promoting ‘Digital India’ campaign.
☀ The Department of Telecom (DoT) will launch a portal named ‘Tarang Sanchar’ to enable users to check radiation compliance status of mobile towers and transmitters across country.
- Using this portal users can also get a particular BTS tested by DoT to assess its electro-magnetic frequency (EMF) compliance level.
☀ On the occasion of Raising Day celebrations of SSB in New Delhi, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has said that his Ministry will take a serious look on the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) proposal for a dedicated Intelligence Wing.
- SSB is planning to raise a full-fledged intelligence wing to better secure the borders with Nepal and Bhutan.
- Note that: SSB is celebrating 53 years of service to the nation.
☀ The Union Power Ministry will launch a new mobile application GARV-II to provide real time data of all six lakh villages of the country. This mobile application aims to ensure transparency in implementation of rural electrification programme.
☀ In order to promote health and health education in villages, the Union AYUSH Ministry has launched a ‘Swasthya Raksha Programme’.
☀ Actress Priyanka Chopra has been appointed as the Brand Ambassador for Assam Tourism for 2 years. State Tourism Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said that she would work to promote Assam tourism globally.
International News Important Current Affairs Updates – 20 December 2016
The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
☀The Russian ambassador to Turkey was killed in an attack in the Turkish capital Ankara. This attack appears to mark one of the most serious spillovers of the Syria conflict in Turkey. Note that: Relations between Russia and Turkey have long been fraught over the Syrian conflict, where the the two support opposing sides.
☀ French court has found International Monetary Fund chief Christine Lagarde guilty of negligence. As French Finance Minister in 2008, she had approved an award of 429 million dollars to businessman Bernard Tapie for the disputed sale of a firm. But the court said that she will not be penalised. She told the trial she had always acted in good faith.
☀ Stephanie del Valle of Puerto Rico has been crowned Miss World 2016, surpassing the runners-up from the Dominican Republic and Indonesia.
Economics News Today’s Current Affairs Download – 20 December 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy.
☀ Retirement fund body Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has fixed 8.65% as the interest on provident fund deposits for 2016-17.
- This is lower than the 8.8% rate provided in 2015-16. It is due to the poor rate of return on investments made by the EPFO in all spheres.
☀ The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed stiff restrictions on depositing more than 5,000 rupees in the scrapped 500 and 1,000 rupees notes.
- The RBI has said that this can be deposited only once per account till December 30th, that too after explaining to bank officials the reasons for not having done that so far.
☀ Nepal’s central bank has developed a software to facilitate exchanging the demonitised Indian notes in the country. Nepalese banks have been facing an extensive shortage of 100-rupee notes for people who want to visit India.
- The RBI has indicated that it would only allow exchange facilities for up to ₹25,000 to each Nepalese citizen.
20 December 2016 – Sports Current Affairs Download News Today
The following important current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view. Questions might appear in upcoming banking and SSC CGL exam about the following.
☀ Indian batsman Karun Nair, playing his career’s third Test match, has become the fastest Indian to score his maiden double ton in Tests. Nair has surpassed Vinod Kambli, who has taken four innings to score a double ton.
☀ Andy Murray has won a record third BBC Sports Personality of the Year award, after winning his second Wimbledon title and maiden ATP World Tour Finals crown.
- Murray had previously won the award in 2013 and 2015 after his London 2012 Olympic gold and maiden Wimbledon title in 2015.
☀ Henry Heimlich, the doctor who came up with the Heimlich manoeuvre which has saved thousands of choking victims, has died of a heart attack at age of 96 years.
- Heimlich won the prestigious Lasker Award for public service in 1984.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important news. These are also for those looking for daily current affairs download. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We promise never to Spam or Share your personal information with anyone.