National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 22 January 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs daily to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA GK questions in personal interviews focussing on recent events to check how informed you are, is an attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios also.
- The Pin Code Week is being celebrated from 15th to 21st January to distribute the message about pin code importance.
- The 8th Edition of the popular Jaipur Literature Festival, has begun. This festival is taking place in Jaipur since 2006. This is Asia’s Biggest Literary Festival.
- Rahul Thakkar, a computer engineering graduate from Mumbai University, has won an Oscar for technical achievement. He shares the honour with Richard Chuang for “groundbreaking design” of the DreamWorks Animation Media Review System.
- Maharashtra will be the first state in the country where women employees in government jobs can avail up to 180 days’ maternity leave while having a baby through surrogacy. Note that: The Bombay High Court had ruled earlier that even a mother having a child through surrogacy was entitled to maternity leave.
- India has signed a $250 million loan agreement with the World Bank for Bihar Kosi Basin Development project, aimed at enhancing resilience to floods and increase agriculture productivity.
- India’s first radio taxi service for the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender (LGBT) community, Wings Rainbow, has been flagged off. The initiative will have taxis chauffeured by LGBT community members, and is expected to start functioning in 2017.
- Bollywood actors Amitabh Bachchan and Priyanka Chopra are the new brand ambassadors of the Centre government’s Incredible India campaign. It is the first time that the government is directly appointing the brand ambassadors.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 22 January 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- French President of France François Hollande will arrive on 24th January in India on a three-day visit. He will be the Chief Guest of the Republic Day celebrations.
- The Union Cabinet has been approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Department of Space / Indian Space Research Organization (DOS/ISRO) and Kuwait Institute of Scientific Research (KISR) on cooperation in the exploration and use of outer space for peaceful purposes.
- Indian Naval ships INS Vikramaditya and INS Mysore are on an official visit to Colombo. During their stay in Colombo, the crew of the ships will have professional interactions with Sri Lanka Navy personnel.
- The Union Cabinet has approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and United Kingdom for Cooperation in the field Public Administration and Governance Reforms. This MoU was signed between both countries in November, 2015 during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s official visit to UK.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Update – 22 January 2016
- India has emerged as one of the five most promising markets for businesses globally. This was disclosed in an annual global CEO survey at World Economic Forum meeting in Davos.
- The union government has granted infrastructure status to the shipyard industry in order to ease its financial stress. With the infrastructure status, the ailing shipyards will be able to avail flexible long-term funding at lower costs.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) panel on Alternative Investment Funds(AIFs) has proposed creating a favourable tax environment for investors, tweaking of safe harbour rules, unlocking domestic pools of capital, enabling onshore fund management in India and reforming the AIF regulatory regime. This panel was headed by : NR Narayana Murthy.
Sports News Daily Current Affairs Update – 22 January 2016
- Uttar Pradesh has won its maiden Mushtaq Ali Trophy with a win over two time champions Baroda in the final match played at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
- Padma Bhushan Awardee, Legendary classical dancer Mrinalini Sarabhai has passed away at age of 97 years. Mrinalini Sarabhai was the wife of noted space scientist Dr. Vikram Sarabhai and mother of famous danseuse and social activist Mallika Sarabhai.
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.