Todays Current Affairs 2016 are enlisted here to help our readers assimilate all important topics in current news. To encourage our hard work in helping you stay updated about day to day current affairs 2016, Please subscribe, like and share our efforts.
22 May 2016- National News Daily Current Affairs Updates
Todays current affairs are being published by ExamPariksha.com covering relevant fact based daily important news. To include all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section.
☀ The Ministry of Women and Child Development and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation have signed a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) to provide technical support for delivery of nutrition goals, especially during pre-conception, pregnancy and first two years of life.
☀ The government has launched an indigenously developed “affordable” faecal incontinence management system ‘Qora’.
- What is Fecal incontinence? It is a medical condition with inability to control bowel movements. It causes stool (feces) to leak out from the rectum. It affects nearly 100 million bed ridden patients worldwide.
- Presently, absorbent pads and fecal drainage catheters are the only solutions.
- Significance of the ‘Qora’ system: The technology ‘Qora’ has been developed to address the clinical and economical implications of fecal incontinence by expanding its use, reducing skill level required to use a device, and introducing a new level of care for patients outside the ICU.
☀ Union Minister for Roads, Transport & Shipping, Nitin Gadkari, has proposed to set up a financing corporation for the road and shipping sectors. It will push the bureaucracy to take quick decisions on the funding. The proposed financing company would be able to tap into both domestic as well as foreign funds for the funding of the projects. Also, the country needs a financing company, since the funding for road projects have dried up, especially from the banking sector.
☀ Facing pressure from the State governments, the Union Cabinet has cleared an ordinance bypassing the Supreme Court’s decision on the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET). The ordinance will override Supreme Court’s May 9 order and allow the State boards to hold their own entrance tests this year.
- Note that: Article 123 gives President power to promulgate ordinances during parliamentary recess.
☀“Vesak Samman Prashasti Patra – 2016” Awards were presented to BUDDHIST SCHOLARS FOR PROMOTION AND DISSEMINATION OF BUDDHIST STUDIES on occassion of Buddha Purnima.
☀The Delhi High Court has held that, the mother’s name is sufficient for a child to apply for a passport in certain cases, because a single woman can be a natural guardian as well as a parent.
International News Important Current Affairs Updates – 22 May 2016
The following exampariksha listing of international news has important todays current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC, SSC CGL 2016 and State PSCs.
☀Taliban leader Mullah Akhtar Mansour is said to have been killed in a US drone airstrike in western Pakistan. US airstrike targeting Mansour was carried out in a remote area of the Afghanistan-Pakistan border.
☀ Apple chief executive officer Tim Cook met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and discussed sensitive issues relating to cybersecurity, data encryption, the possibility of manufacturing in the country and tapping India’s young talent.
☀ India’s idea of putting a red line on antibiotic packages to curb their over-the-counter sale, is now being cited as a model that can be used globally to counter the rising threat of superbugs.
- A global Review on Antimicrobial Resistance, on tackling drug resistant infection — was commissioned by UK Prime Minister David Cameron in 2014 and chaired by economist Jim O’Neill.
- By 2050, unless action is taken, deaths due to AMR could balloon to 10 million each year
- Its report says India has led the way so far with its idea of a ‘Red Line Campaign’ for antibiotics packaging.
- India’s Red Line campaign was launched in February this year.
- It began marking prescription-only antibiotics with a red line to curb their irrational use and create awareness on the dangers of taking antibiotics without being prescribed.
Economics News Today’s Current Affairs Updates – 22 May 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy. We hope this collection on exampariksha.com helps you in increasing your financial awareness.
☀ In order to curb the surging prices of pulses, the Union Consumer Affairs, Food and Public distribution Minister Ram Vilas Paswan requested state governments to exempt pulses from VAT (value added tax) and other local levies as it could help bring down prices by 5 to 7 per cent. States have also been asked to rationalise stock limits for millers, producers and importers. Prices of food items like pulses, sugar, edible oil seeds shoot up abnormally due to hoarding, profiteering and carteling by traders and middlemen – without any benefit to the farmers.
- The government is also considering banning futures trading in chana dal (brown chickpeas) and reducing import duty on sugar as part of its efforts to rein in inflation.
- Note that: Higher food prices, led by pulses and sugar, have pushed wholesale price inflation high in April after 17 months of decline while consumer price inflation has crossed 5 per cent in the same month.
☀ Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has said that the government will auction 2,000 megahertz of spectrum in the next 2 to 3 months. Note that: The auction conducted in 2015 fetched bids worth 1.1 lakh crore rupees, which is the highest ever received in any spectrum auction held in India.
22 May 2016 – Todays Current Affairs Updates Sports News
The following important todays current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view.
☀ Anurag Thakur was elected the president of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) during its Special General Meeting (SGM).
- The BCCI chief’s position had to be filled following Shashank Manohar’s resignation a day before he was appointed the International Cricket Council’s independent chairman.
☀ Mohun Bagan has lifted Federation Football Cup for the 14th time beating Aizawl FC., at the Indira Gandhi Stadium.
P.S. Usually examiners ask GA or current day to day GK questions in personal interviews and exams focusing on recent events to check how informed you are. We hope this compilation proves to be useful for going through today’s current events. Please share it with your friends and family too, and spread the love. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.