All important current affair for pdf download covering national, international, economics, sports daily news that can be asked in current GK section of UPSC, State PSC exams.
National News Important Current Affair – 23 January 2017
☀ The nation pays homage to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose on his 120th birth anniversary today on 23rd January. Netaji was born in 1897 at Cuttack in Odisha. Netaji is known as a legendary freedom fighter with an iron will, who took on the might of the British army.
☀ Over 3.5 lakh people have set a world record by singing the National Anthem at an event in Gujarat. This event was organised during the installation of an idol of goddess Khodiyar at a newly-built Khodal Dham temple in Rajkot’s Kagvad.
☀ The Gurugram Police has been given body-worn cameras, to be attached to a policeman’s uniform for better patrolling.
- These cameras, imported from the United Kingdom, are encrypted and it is not possible to delete or overwrite footage.
☀ The Directorate of Education has proposed to introduce nursery and pre-primary classes in all of its 447 Sarvodaya schools.
☀ The Centre has formed a committee to frame uniform rules to avoid delay in implementation of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act across the country.
- It will have representatives from the Ministry of Health, the Departments of Personnel and Training, Labour, the Legislative Department, and NGOs as members.
- It will be under the chairmanship of Secretary, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
- The committee will submit its report within three months.
☀ ISKCON’s Govardhan eco village nearby Wada in Thane district of Maharashtra, has been conferred the United Nations award for taking innovative measures of ’sustainable tourism’ in country. This is the first time India has won such recognition from the UN in the NGO sector.
☀ Tamil Nadu Chief Minister O Panneerselvam, inaugurated the traditional bull-taming sport Jallikattu at Alanganallur, after Tamil Nadu Governor Vidyasagar Rao cleared an ordinance overturning the Supreme Court-imposed ban on the sport.
- The Tamil Nadu government has issued a new set of stringent guidelines, including CCTV surveillance and medical examination of bulls, to ensure a safe conduct of Jallikattu.
International Today’s Current Affair Updates – 23 January 2017
☀ Singapore‘s first satellite launched from the International Space Station (ISS), AOBA VELOX-III, is claimed to stay in orbit for twice as long as similar satellites. It uses a new thruster technology that will keep the 110-metre habitable satellite at an orbiting speed of 27,000 kilometres per hour for up to six months, double the three-month lifespan of such satellites.
☀ Turkish Parliament (TBMM) has voted in favour of a constitutional reform bill making the country’s President the head of the executive.
- This bill will now be put to a nationwide referendum to be held in April.
- If people vote in favour of the referendum it could allow Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan to stay in office until 2029.
☀ Syrian peace talks will begin in the Kazakhstan capital Astana aimed at consolidating a nationwide ceasefire and also probably paving the way towards a political settlement.
- These peace talks have been organised by Russia, Turkey and Iran.
- The talks will be followed by a UN-mediated meeting in Geneva on the 8th of next month.
Daily Economics Current Affairs News Today – 23 January 2017
☀ Technology giant Apple has emerged as the Most Innovative Company for 2016, according to Boston Consulting Group’s annual list which ranks world’s 50 most innovative firms. Google and electric carmaker Tesla were ranked second and third, respectively.
☀ Now more students can hope to get into India’s top business school, with the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, planning to add 800 more seats under an expansion plan, to touch 1,200 seats in its coveted 2 year MBA programme.
☀ China has set up a 100 billion yuan (approximately Rs 1 lakh crore) fund to support investment in the internet sector.
23 January 2017 – Important Sports Current Affair News
☀ Virat Kohli-led Team India lost the 3rd and final ODI against England by 5 runs in Kolkata. India and England now head for a 3-match Twenty-20 series which begins on Thursday in Kanpur.
- Kedar Jadhav was named Man of the series.
☀ Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal beat Thailand’s Pornpawee Chochuwong 22-20 22-20 to win the Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Gold tournament.
☀ Kolkata’s Eden Gardens will become the first Indian stadium to have stands named after war heroes.
- Cricket Association of Bengal President Sourav Ganguly announced that two stands will be dedicated to soldiers.
- The names will be finalised by the Army, which owns the land on which the stadium is located.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important current affair. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.