ExamPariksha.com publishes day to day news for current affairs download. Usually examiners ask GA or current GK questions in personal interviews and exams focusing on current general knowledge to check how informed you are.
National News Daily Current Affairs Download – 23 July 2016
Here are relevant fact based daily news to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere.
☀ Karnataka government has imposed an “unconditional” ban on the sale, and possession of Chinese ‘manja‘ and other non-biodegradable threads used to fly kites. These threads are coated with finely crushed glass and other harmful substances, have been blamed for causing injuries to people and claiming lives of birds.
☀ The Lok Sabha has passed the National Institute of Technology, Science, Education and Research (Amendment) (NITSER) Bill, 2016.
- The bill establishes a National Institute of Technology (NIT) in Andhra Pradesh as an institute of national importance under the NITSER Act, 2007 with an effect from August 2015.
☀ 23rd July is day to remember freedom fighters Chandra Shekhar Azad and Lokmanya Tilak, on their birth anniversaries.
- 23 July 2016 is Bal Gangadhar Tilak‘s 160th birth anniversary. He was popularly called ‘Lokmanya’, meaning ‘accepted by the people. He was pioneer of the Swadeshi Movement and Home Rule League Movement, he is also widely known for his quote ‘Swaraj is my birthright and I shall have it‘.
- Indian revolutionary Chandra Shekhar Azad, popularly known as ‘Azad’, fought for the Indian independence struggle till the age of 24 years, before shooting himself to keep his pledge of never being caught alive.
☀ The New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) has signed a MoU with National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI) to develop 12 sewage treatment plants (STP). NEERI will provide its expertise to help NDMC to irrigate its parks to develop green areas and revamp big and small parks.
These STPs will help increase the green cover in NDMC areas and curb dust pollution.
☀Writer Amitav Ghosh’s latest book, The Great Derangement: Climate Change and the Unthinkable, has been recently released. The book addresses the challenges of representing the complexity of climate change in literature and highlights the responsibility of writers to document the extreme reality humans are now facing in form of climate change.
International News Important Current Affairs Updates – 23 July 2016
The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
☀ PM Narendra Modi and Bangladesh’s PM Sheikh Hasina have jointly inaugurated a land port at the India-Bangladesh border through video-conferencing.. Petrapole-Benapole land port which will serve as a key trade route between the two countries. This check post will be the biggest land port in South Asia. Over 50% of the trade, valuing more than ₹15,000 crore, passes through Petrapole.
☀ India has been ranked 110 out of the 149 nations assessed on standing on achieving the Sustainable Development Goals, as per a Sustainable Development Solutions Network and Bertelsmann Stiftung index. Under this, the countrues were ranked on their performance across 17 goals, which are to be achieved by 2030. Sweden has topped this index followed by Denmark and Norway.
Economics News Today’s Current Affairs Download – 23 July 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy. We hope this collection on exampariksha.com helps you in increasing your financial awareness.
☀ Amazon Founder and CEO Jeff Bezos has replaced Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett to become the 3rd richest person in the world with a net worth of $65.05 billion, according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
- Note that: Presently, the world’s richest person is Microsoft Co-founder Bill Gates with a net worth of $89.1 billion.
☀ 7 Indian companies have featured in the Fortune 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations in terms of revenue. US-based Walmart topped the global rankings with $482 billion in revenue. The Indian firms are:
- Indian Oil Corporation, having a revenue of $54.7 billion, was ranked the highest among Indian firms at 161st place.
- Reliance Industries was the top-ranked private Indian firm at 215.
- Tata Motors has taken the 226th position, up from 254th last year.
- State Bank India has taken 232nd position, up from 260th last year.
- Bharat Petroleum, has slipped from 280th to 358th place.
- Hindustan Petroleum has also shifted from 367th, down from 327th.
- Private gems and jewellery major Rajesh Exports has achieved a position at the 423rd position.
23 July 2016 – Sports Current Affairs Download News Today
The following important current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view. Questions might appear in upcoming banking and SSC CGL 2016 exam about the following.
☀ The Lodha Committee has confirmed that those office-bearers of the BCCI and state cricket associations who have completed nine years in office, stand disqualified. The committee has recommended maximum 3, terms of three-year each, with a cooling-off period in between.
- Note that : The Supreme Court has recently ordered for reformation of BCCI and state associations as per the Lodha Committee recommendations.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important news. These are also for those looking for daily current affairs download. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We promise never to Spam or Share your personal information with anyone.