ExamPariksha publishes daily current affairs brief for pdf download, covering national, international, economics, sports sections for UPSC, SSC, CDS, PSC exams.
National Daily Current Affairs Capsule – 24 January 2017
☀ After an Ordinance was promulgated to lift the ban on Jallikattu in Tamil Nadu, there is now a demand for lifting the ban on Kambala (buffalo racing) in coastal Karnataka.
- Karnataka government had withdrawn the permission given to hold kambala based on the Supreme Court’s order on jallikattu.
- About Kambala: Kambala is an annual Buffalo Race held traditionally under the auspices of local land lords or Patel of village, in coastal Karnataka.
☀ Goa will become the first state in India and across the globe to opt for electronic transmission of postal ballot to service voters in the upcoming elections. The voters can download the ballot, fill it and send it via email.
☀ Union Health Ministry will launch a population based prevention, screening and control programme for five common Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) on the occasion of World Cancer Day observed on 4th February 2017. These NCDs are :
- Oral Cavity Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Cervix Cancer
☀ Prime Minister Narendra Modi falicitated 25 Children with the National Bravery Award, four of whom were awarded posthumously.
- The selection was made by a high-powered committee comprising representatives of various ministries, NGOs as well as office bearers of Indian Council for Child Welfare.
- The awardees are granted financial assistance until they complete their schooling.
☀ 24th January being observed as the National Girl Child Day. In 2008, government declared 24th of January every year to be celebrated as the National Girl Child Day’ with the objective of raising consciousness of the society towards the girl child.
☀ The Supreme Court gave the Centre 2 weeks to implement a mechanism to ensure proper verification of mobile phone subscribers while issuing SIM cards. It is important to remove fictitious subscribers to crack down on fraudulent activities.
International News Current Affairs Updates – 24 January 2017
☀ China commissions its 31st stealth warship, the CNS Ezhou, in the East Sea Fleet in a naval base in East China’s Fujian province. With a maximum speed of 52 km/h, the ship features good manoeuvrability, a high-level of automation and stealth capability, and is capable of hitting aircraft, ships and submarines.
Economics Today’s Current Affairs Download – 24 January 2017
☀ PepsiCo veteran Vishal Kaul has been appointed as the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of ride-hailing app Ola. He will replace Pranay Jivrajka, who has stepped down from his position.
☀ India’s IT industry has warned about the adverse impact that curbs on outsourcing will have on the U.S. economy, which lacks high-skilled workers. Currently, Indian IT industry provide services to American companies, which help them to be competitive in the global market.
☀ Japan is threatening to take India to the WTO over restrictions that have nearly halved its steel exports to India over the past year.
- India imposed duties of up to 20% on some hot-rolled flat steel products in September 2015, and set a floor price in February 2016 for steel product imports to deter countries such as China, Japan and South Korea from undercutting local Indian mills.
- Besides concern over India’s protection of its domestic steel industry, Japan is also worried about the slump in global trade engendered by incoming U.S. President Donald Trump.
24 January 2017 – Sports Current Affairs Download
☀ The Indian postal department released a special stamp cover featuring Olympic medalists PV Sindhu and Sakshi Malik, and gymnast Dipa Karmakar. The special cover is titled “Golden girls of India – Pride of Nation”.
☀ Former India opener Virender Sehwag has been named as the Brand Ambassador of Kings XI Punjab franchise in the upcoming Indian Premier League season. He will also be the team’s head of Cricket Operations and Strategy and is the current mentor of Kings XI Punjab.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important news. These are also for those looking for daily current affairs download. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.