Todays Current Affairs are enlisted here to help our readers assimilate all important topics in current news. To encourage our hard work in helping you stay updated about day to day current affairs 2016, Please subscribe, like and share our efforts.
24 July 2016- National News Daily Current Affairs Updates
Todays current affairs are being published by ExamPariksha.com covering relevant fact based daily important news. To include all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section.
☀ Andhra Pradesh government will open ‘MeeSeva’ centres in all Panchayats to provide public services to citizens in a transparent manner. The initiative incorporates the vision of the National eGov Plan – “Public Services Closer to Home” to provide smart, citizen-centric, ethical, efficient and effective technology facilitated governance.
☀ Kerala Tourism department has won 2 Gold Gongs at the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Awards in the categories of Travel Advertisement Broadcast Media and E-Newsletter. Last year, Kerala had won the PATA award for its Muziris Heritage Project in the ‘Heritage & Culture’ category.
☀ The five Indian students team, which participated in the International Physics Olympiad 2016, held in Switzerland’s Zurich city, have won medals — three golds and two silvers. Total 398 students coming from 84 countries had taken part in this Olympiad.
☀ Railway Minister inaugurates ‘First Green Train Corridor namely Rameswaram-Manamadurai’ free from human waste discharge. This is achieved by the use of bio-toilets in all its coaches, by which discharge of human waste from train on to the ground is completely stopped, for improving cleanliness and hygiene.
- Indian Railways will provide hygienic environment to passengers and to keep station premises/tracks clean, have developed environment-friendly Bio-toilets for its passenger coaches jointly with Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO).
- Bio-toilets showcase an environment friendly, low cost and robust technology, and is first of its kind in Railway Systems in the world.
- In the bio-toilet fitted coaches, human waste is collected in tanks below the toilets and decomposed by a consortium of bacteria.
How Bio-Toilets work?
There is a bio-digester tank in every toilet, which is filled with inoculums containing four types of bacteria. The water trap system in the toilet prevents air from getting into the tank, the human waste is processed by anaerobic bacteria in seven chambers in the tank and the methane gas is allowed to escape into the air.
Features of Bio-toilet/ Bio-digester:
- No bad smell in toilets from the tanks
- Faecal matter in the tank not visible
- No infestation of cockroaches & flies
- No clogging of digester
- Effluent is free from off odour and solid waste
- Reduction in pathogens by 99%
- Reduction in organic matter by 90%
- No maintenance required
- No requirement of adding bacteria/ enzyme
- No need of removal of solid waste
☀ INS Viraat, the star attraction at the International Fleet Review held in Visakhapatnam in February this year, will be decommissioned. It has lifted anchor for her final voyage from Mumbai to Kochi, powered by her own boilers, prior to her scheduled decommissioning.
- It is ranked as the oldest functional, floating aircraft carrier in the world and the last British-built ship serving the Indian Navy.
- In its previous avatar, as HMS Hermes, it led the British task force on an 8,000-km voyage that retook the Falkland Islands in 1982 from Argentina, which had taken them over.
- The vessel had served the Royal Navy from 1959 to 1964.
International News Important Current Affairs Updates – 24 July 2016
The following exampariksha listing of international news has important todays current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC, SSC CGL 2016 and State PSCs.
☀ India has become the first country to contribute to a trust fund set up in support of victims of sexual exploitation and abuse by UN peacekeepers. The $100,000 contribution comes after the UN Secretariat requested voluntary contributions to the trust fund, established in March.
☀ World History: American aviator Amelia Earhart, born on 24 July 1897, is remembered as the first female pilot in history to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean. She achieved this feat in 1932 when she flew from the North America western coast to Northern Ireland.
☀ The Salzburg Festival has began in the Austrian town of Salzburg, which was the birthplace of late composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. The festival will feature numerous concerts as well as opera and theatre performances till August, where over 2.5 lakh people are expected to attend the festival.
Economics News Today’s Current Affairs Updates – 24 July 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy. We hope this collection on exampariksha.com helps you in increasing your financial awareness.
☀ Apple Inc., has regained the status as the world’s favourite company on FutureBrand’s annual ‘Global Top 100 Companies’ list after losing it to Google last year. While Microsoft and Samsung have been ranked second and third respectively.
☀ The Corporation Bank launched a new facility called “Green PIN,” an online module for generation of PIN for credit card holders. This facility will enable credit card users to generate the Personal Identification Number (PIN) online.
24 July 2016 – Todays Current Affairs Updates Sports News
The following important todays current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view.
☀ The Indian team is the most followed cricket team in the world on social media, with a following of 30 million across all major social media platforms. Team India is followed by the Bangladesh cricket team in popularity, which has a following of 10 million.
☀ Eminent painter, Syed Haider Raza, the last surviving member of the six modern Indian artists who founded the influential Bombay Progressive Artists’ Group in 1947, has died at 94 years of age.
- He was awarded the Padma Shri and Fellowship of the Lalit Kala Akademi in 1981.
- He was also the recipient of Padma Bhushan in 2007.
- He was also awarded the Padma Vibhushan in 2013.
- S H Raza was the first non-French artist to win the prestigious Prix de la Critique award in 1956.
- He was conferred with the highest French civilian honour, the Commandeur de la Legion d’honneur (Legion of Honour) in 2015.
- He popularised Indian concepts and iconography globally and a built a towering legacy of modern art.
P.S. Usually examiners ask GA or current day to day GK questions in personal interviews and exams focusing on recent events to check how informed you are. We hope this compilation proves to be useful for going through today’s current events. Please share it with your friends and family too, and spread the love. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We promise never to Spam or Share your personal information with anyone.