The current affairs updates by exampariksha team have all concepts that may be useful for upcoming examinations. Read on for important national, international, economics and sports updates. Share it with your friends to help us enhance our reach.
24 October 2016- National News Daily Current Affairs Updates
Here are todays current affairs being published by ExamPariksha.com covering relevant fact based daily important news.
☀ Prime Minister Narendra Modi has made an appeal to the citizens to remember country’s armed forces on festival of Diwali. The #Sandesh2Soldiers campaign gives an opportunity to every citizen to spread happiness and cheer among the Indian Armed Forces, who are guarding our nation’s frontiers, far from their loved ones on Diwali. The following can be used for conveying wishes:
- On the Narendra Modi App, to send greetings or their hand-written messages to the Armed Forces.
- through MyGov.in,
- through All India Radio
This #Sandesh2Soldiers campaign will increase interaction between the people and the Armed Forces.
☀ Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh begins his three-day visit to Bahrain on the invitation of Minister of Interior of Kingdom of Bahrain. India and Bahrain enjoy excellent bilateral relations characterised by broad based political, economic and cultural contacts.
- Capital of Bahrain: Manama
- Currency: Bahraini dinar
☀ The Human Resource Development (HRD) Ministry will link the autonomy of higher education institutions to their performance as measured by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF).
The NIRF is a comprehensive ranking system for universities developed by the Ministry. The first NIRF rankings were released earlier in this year. The next round of NIRF rankings will be published on the first Monday of April 2017.
Note that: As per the 2016 NIRF rankings,
- Among engineering colleges, IIT Madras (with a score of 89.41) topped, followed by IITs at Mumbai, Kharagpur, Delhi, Kanpur and Roorkee.
- Among universities, the Indian Institute of Science(IISc), Bengaluru, had topped, followed by the Institute of Chemical Technology in Mumbai, Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi, Hyderabad University and Tezpur University.
- Among management schools, IIM Bengaluru was ranked first with a score of 93.04, followed by the IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Kolkata, IIM Lucknow, IIM Udaipur and IIM Kozhikode.
☀ Data from new research on female literacy shows that India’s school education system is under-performing in terms of quality in comparison to its neighbours, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal.
☀ The Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP ) is celebrating its 55th raising day today.
- It was raised on 24th October in 1962.
- It is deployed on India-China Border guarding duties from Karakoram Pass in Ladakh to Jachep La in Arunachal Pradesh covering 3488 kilometer.
- The ITBP mans Border Outposts on altitudes raging from 9000 feet to 18700 feet in the Western, Middle and Eastern Sector of the Border.
International News Important Current Affairs Updates – 24 October 2016
The following exampariksha listing of international news has important todays current affairs updates which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC, SSC CGL 2016 and State PSCs.
☀ United Nations Day is being celebrated today (24th October). The day marks as the anniversary of the entry into force of the UN Charter in 1945. This year’s UN Day will be used to highlight concrete actions people can take to help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
☀ In Iraq, Kurdish fighters have taken control of Bashiqa town near Mosul from the Islamic State terror group. This development came as coalition forces pressed their offensive against Islamic State’s last stronghold in Iraq.
24 October Economics Current Affairs Updates 2016
☀ The government will launch the 6th tranche of Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGB) scheme today in which people can buy securities up to 500 grams worth.
- Sovereign Gold Bond, an alternative mode of investment to physical gold, as it provides investors a choice to diversify portfolio without the need to buy the metal in physical form.
- It was launched in November 2015.
- The tenor of the bonds is of 8 years with exit option from 5th year to be exercised on the interest payment dates.
- The (SGB) investors will be compensated at a fixed rate of 2.50 per cent per annum payable semi-annually on the nominal value of investment.
- The bonds will be sold through banks, Stock Holding Corporation of India Limited (SHCIL), designated post offices and recognised stock exchanges.
☀ Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has recommended imposition of 3,050 crore rupees penalty on Bharti Airtel, Vodafone and Idea cellular for allegedly denying interconnectivity to newcomer Reliance Jio.
24 October 2016 – Todays Current Affairs Updates Sports News
The following important todays current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view.
☀ In Mohali, backed by Virat Kohli’s 26th ODI ton, India registered a seven-wicket win over New Zealand in the third game of the series. With this victory, Indian cricket team took a 2-1 lead in the 5-match series.
☀ India beat Pakistan 3-2 in the 2016 Asian Champions Trophy hockey held at Kuantan in Malaysia. Ramandeep Singh, Rupinder Pal Singh and Pradeep Mor have scored one goal each. This victory gives India seven points from three outings.
P.S. Usually examiners ask current day to day GK based questions in personal interviews and exams focusing on recent events to check how informed you are. We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important current affairs updates. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We promise never to Spam or Share your personal information with anyone.