ExamPariksha.com publishes day to day news for current affairs download. Usually examiners ask GA or current GK questions in personal interviews and exams focusing on current general knowledge to check how informed you are.
National News Daily Current Affairs Download – 25 October 2016
Here are relevant fact based daily news to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere.
☀ Election rules have been amended to allow e-postal ballot. A change in ‘Conduct of Election Rules, 1961’ now empowers a returning officer in any constituency to send postal ballots to an eligible voter “by electronic means as specified by the Election Commission.”
- Who benefits? Service voters, especially armed forces personnel, can now download the blank post ballot sent to them electronically, mark their preference on it and post it back to their returning officer.
- Note that: Two-way electronic transmission has not been recommended by the Election Commission for security and secrecy reasons.
- This one-way e-postal ballot would cut short the delay experienced in the present system.
☀Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti has said implementation of Electronic Public Distribution System (ePDS) project would ensure transparency and accountability in food-grains distribution in the State.
- Manual processes in PDS operations at the Fair Price Shops (FPS) level leads to diversions as it is difficult to monitor actual sale at this level in a transparent manner.
- Solution lies in ePDS through end to end computerization so as to have complete transparency and accountability in allocation of commodities to shops and tracking distribution against allocation.
- J&K Government has also launched Mufti Muhammad Sayeed Food Entitlement Scheme (MMFSES) with effect from July 1 to supplement NFSA.
- Under MMFSES, the State Government provides additional 5Kgs of food-grains per soul over and above the NFSA scale to BPL, PHH and NPHH subject to maximum of 35 kgs per family.
☀ A blockade has been mounted by the All-Bodo Students Union (ABSU) to demand a Bodo State to be carved out of Assam. This demand has been made since 1967.
☀ The Indian Space Research Organsiation(ISRO) has begun a series of ground and aerial tests linked to the critical Moon landing of Chandrayaan-2 at its new site at Challakere, 400 km from Bengaluru.
Note that: Chandrayaan-2 is tentatively set for late 2017 or early 2018 and includes soft-landing on Moon and moving a rover on its surface.
☀ The Union Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), Dr Jitendra Singh has proposed “Mobile Air Dispensary” service for remote and far-flung areas of Northeast. This will have a mobile dispensary in a Helicopter with a doctor, necessary equipment and medicines that can fly to remote and far-flung on regular basis as and when required.
- For example “Royal Flying Service of Australia”, popularly known as “Flying Doctors”, which provides aid and primary health care service in rural and remote areas.
International News Important Current Affairs Updates – 25 October 2016
The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
☀ World Meteorological Organization has reported the level of carbon dioxide emissions in the atmosphere has reached a record high this year, driven in part by the powerful El Nino event of last year. Note that: The concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere had reached 400 parts per million for the first time in 2015.
☀ The US Department of State has approved a 75 million dollars sale of equipment to the United Arab Emirates. This contributes to US foreign policy and national security by improving the UAE’s ability to employ its fighter aircraft in multi-country coalition exercises.
Economics News Today’s Current Affairs Download – 25 October 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy. We hope this collection on exampariksha.com helps you in increasing your financial awareness.
☀ The Supreme Court has asked the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), why it is against making public the names of 57 tax-dodgers who owe banks Rs. 85,000 crore in bad loans.
☀ Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has said that ailing units in the steel, power and shipping sectors could be brought under the management of select PSUs. The proposal can involve management teams of certain successful PSUs to operate certain ailing units of companies in steel, power, and shipping sector.
☀ The RBI has said, a forensic auditor is investigating the debit card data breach affecting Indian banking system under Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, PCI-DSS framework. Note that: Several public and private sector banks have recalled or blocked over 32 lakh debit cards to safeguard their customers from any financial fraud. RBI says the number of debit cards misused in the recent revelation of fraud was ‘few’.
25 October 2016 – Sports Current Affairs Download News Today
The following important current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view. Questions might appear in upcoming banking and SSC CGL 2016 exam about the following.
☀ The medal winners of Rio Olympics/Paralympics 2016 have received cash award from Sports Minister Vijay Goel. The cash awards were distributed under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports’s scheme of special awards to medal winners in international sports events.
- Mariyappan Thangavelu (Gold in High Jump), – 75 Lakhs.
- Devendra Jhajharia (Gold in Javelin Throw) – 75 Lakhs
- P.V. Sindhu (Silver in Badminton) – Rs. 50 Lakhs.
- Deepa Malik (Silver in Shot Put) – Rs. 50 Lakhs
- Sakshi Malik (Bronze in Wrestling) – Rs. 30 Lakhs
- Varun Singh Bhati (Bronze in High Jump) – Rs. 30 Lakhs
☀ Guwahati has become the 5th Indian city to be ratified as a venue for next year’s FIFA Under-17 football World Cup after an inspection team approved venue’s preparedness and facilities. Note that: Kochi, Navi Mumbai, Goa and New Delhi have already got the FIFA’s nod.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important news. These are also for those looking for daily current affairs download. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.