National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 26 April 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based daily Current Affairs to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA or current GK questions in personal interviews and exams focussing on recent events to check how informed you are. Here is a sincere attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios.
- The Second part of Budget session began on Monday.
- The Lok Sabha passed the Regional Centre for Biotechnology Bill, 2016 to provide statutory status to the existing Regional Centre for Biotechnology in Faridabad, Haryana. The Bill also gave it status of an ‘institution of national importance’.
- The Government has increased minimum wage for contract workers to ₹10,000 per month, while taking into consideration the Consumer Price Index (CPI) and Dearness Allowance (DA).
- The 11th Indo-Mongolia joint training Exercise, ‘Nomadic Elephant – 2016’ to promote military associations between India and Mongolia has commenced at Mongolia. The aim of this 2-week long exercise is to develop synergy and inter operability between the two armies to fight in Counter Insurgency and Counter Terrorism environment under the UN mandate.
- Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu has inaugurated the state’s new Secretariat at the Velagapudi village in the new capital Amaravati.
- Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare- J P Nadda, has announced India’s first public-private-partnership (PPP) agreement for research and innovation in preventive health between ICMR and Sun Pharma. Under the PPP, ICMR and Sun Pharma will jointly conduct scientific research for development and testing of medical products (including drugs, biosimilars and vaccines) as well as undertake disease control and elimination programs.
- 74th Master Dinanath Mangeshkar Awards have been bestowed upon Veteran actor Jeetendra – Lifetime Achievement Award ; Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali – special award for Direction (Bajirao Mastani); Actor Ranveer Singh – special award for Actor (Bajirao Mastani).
- The district administration of Kerala’s Kozhikode has launched ‘Operation Sulaimani‘, under which eateries will serve free meals to people in exchange for free coupons given by the authorities.
International News Current Affairs Today Updates – 26 April 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- (25th April) has been observed as World Malaria Day to recognize global efforts to control malaria. Globally, 3.3 billion people in 106 countries are at risk of contracting malaria. Theme for World Malaria Day 2016 : “End Malaria For Good”.
- United States President Barack Obama has announced that 250 US Special Forces soldiers will be deployed in Syria to help Syrian militia and keep up the “momentum” of the fight against the Islamic State. This increases US forces in Syria six-fold, to around 300.
- Serbian voters chose incumbent Aleksandar Vučić as the country’s Prime Minister in an endorsement of his pro-European Union policies.
- Scientists at NASA have proposed to deploy a robotic system, called Icy-moon Cryovolcano Explorer (ICE), to explore Saturn’s Europa and Enceladus moons for detecting the presence of alien life.
- NASA, in collaboration with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) of the US, has successfully flown 22 drones simultaneously in several locations over the span of three hours to test a drone traffic management system.
Economics News Today’s Current Affairs Updates – 26 April 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams.
- The government is planning to completely ban FDI in the tobacco sector. Currently, FDI is allowed in technology collaboration, like licensing for trademark and brand name, while being prohibited in the manufacture of cigarettes and tobacco substitutes.
- Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has informed the Lok Sabha that India has banned the import of milk and milk products from China after finding them substandard in quality. Further, some mobile phones, which do not carry the IMEI number, and certain steel products from China have also been banned.
- The government has approved an interest rate of 8.7% on the Employee Provident Fund (EPF) for 2015-16 which is lower from previous 8.75% in 2014-15.
- Also, earlier the interest rate on Public Provident Fund was reduced to 8.1% from 8.7% while that on the National Savings Certificate was lowered to 8.1% from 8.5%, both starting April 1, 2016.
26 April 2016 – Current Affairs Updates Sports News Today
- Mairaj Ahmad Khan has won the Silver medal in the skeet event at the ISSF Shooting World Cup in Rio de Janeiro. With this win, he has became the first Indian to win a medal in a World Cup.
- Note that: Last year, Mairaj also became the first Indian to qualify for the Olympics skeet event.
- Indian rower, Dattu Bhokanal has qualified for the 2016 Rio Olympics in the Men’s Single Sculls at the 2016 FISA Asian and Oceania Olympic Qualification Regatta in South Korea.
- Rafael Nadal has won his 9th Barcelona Open title by defeating Kei Nishikori.
- Freedom fighter and Padma Bhushan receipient Purnimaben Pakvasa passed away yesterday at the grand age of 103 years.
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.