All important current affair for pdf download covering national, international, economics, sports daily news that can be asked in current GK section of UPSC, State PSC exams.
National News Important Current Affair – 27 February 2017
■ India’s First Post Office Passport Seva Kendra has started functioning in Vidisha district headquarters of Madhya Pradesh, after State’s Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated it last evening.
- Residents of Vidisha and adjoining districts Raisen, Guna, Ashoknagar, Sagar and Damoh will be covered under this.
■ Centre has formulated an infrastructure policy to promote living close to mass public transport corridors like metro, monorail and bus rapid transit. It is move to address the challenges of urbanisation.
- The National Transit Oriented Development Policy seeks to promote Transit-Oriented Development (TOD), a type of infrastructure development which enables people to live within walking or cycling distance from transit corridors.
- The TOD is considered a viable solution to urban challenges including haphazard growth, mobility problems, congestion on roads and pollution.
- Urban Development Ministry is also incentivising the TOD under new Metro Policy and Green Urban Mobility Scheme that seeks to create non-motorised transport infrastructure in cities like footpaths and cycle-tracks.
■ The Union Minister of Science and Technology, Dr Harsh Vardhan has launched a Farmer’s kit developed by scientists of the CSIR-lab, at Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu. This kit will help farmers assess the soil condition and decide the fertilizer usage plan economically themselves.
■ Prime Minister Narendra Modi has paid tributes to freedom activist Vinayak Damodar Savarkar on his 51st death anniversary. Veer Savarkar was a true patriot who envisioned a strong and developed India.
- Born in 1883, V D Savarkar set up the Abhinav Bharat Society, during his college days and also preached a revolutionary struggle against the British.
- Revolutionary Savarkar had spent many years in the cellular jail in the Andamans.
International Today’s Current Affair Updates – 27 February 2017
■ Venezuela and Libya have been suspended from voting in the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in the 2016-17 session for not paying dues to the world body. This is 2nd time in two years both countries have been suspended.
■ The Mexican government has announced that it will not accept US deportees from third countries under any circumstances. US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson had asked Mexican officials during their Thursday visit if they would host deportees. Note that: Most of the immigrants crossing the US-Mexico border in recent years have been from the Central Americans.
■ The world’s first robot table tennis tutor in Japan has set a new Guinness World Record for its ability of being able to play the game better than most humans.
- FORPHEUS (Future Omron Robotics Technology for Exploring Possibility of Harmonised Automation with Sinic Theoretics) has officially been given the Guinness title for its unique technological intelligence and educational capabilities.
- The goal of FORPHEUS is to harmonise humans and robots, by way of teaching the game of table tennis to human players.
■ France will send a contingent of counter-terror forces to help the army in Niger after militants ambushed a military patrol killing 16. The decision was taken following a request from President Mahamadou Issoufou after Wednesday’s attack near the border with Mali.
Daily Economics Current Affairs News Today – 27 February 2017
■ Following the failure of its global bid, the Indian Railways has decided to manufacture its own trainsets in Chennai that can run at up to 160 kmph. It has been named ‘Train-2018‘, its first such trainset is expected to be ready in 2018. Note that: A trainset has coaches that are individually powered by a propulsion system, eliminating the need for a locomotive.
■ International rating agency Moody’s report titled ‘Modest Acceleration in the Global Economy’ has predicted that India will be the fastest growing economy among G-20 countries in year 2017 with 7.1% growth.
27 February 2017 – Important Sports Current Affair News
■ Rio Olympian Thanackal Gopi has won the men’s title in the second edition of the IDBI Federal Life Insurance New Delhi Marathon. In Men’s full marathon New Delhi, Gopi has clocked 2 hours, 15 minutes and 37 seconds to win the race in his first appearance in the event. While, Monika Athare claimed the honours in the women’s section.
■ Currently ranked world number 10, Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal, who became a member of the International Olympic Committee’s Athletes’ Commission (IOC AC) last year, is set to represent the panel in the Badminton World Federation (BWF).
■ Indian boxers Mohamed Hussamuddin (in 56kg category) and Meena Kumari Maisnam (in 54kg category) have entered the semi-finals in their respective categories at the 68th Strandja Memorial Tournament held in Bulgaria.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important current affair. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.