ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based daily Current Affairs pdf to cover all important happening. Here is a sincere attempt to bring clarity to important topics from today’s current gk topics.
National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 27 October 2016
The developments in the National sphere are listed in this section.
☀Jamia Millia Islamia university has joined the National Digital Library (NDL) Project initiated by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD). This will enable its students and researchers to access large amounts of data through a single window search.
- NDL is a project under the MHRD’s National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (NMEICT) will allow integrated knowledge gathering on diverse topics across disciplines.
- NDL provides access to resources from all educational areas and domains through various formats like books, journals, magazines, theses, question papers, video lectures, and web courses in 25 languages for school to PG level.
- As of now, 75 institutions across the country are contributing to NDL.
- India, with the largest enrolment of students in the world, besides its linguistic diversity, has a big challenge in building a platform like this.
- Note that: Every faculty member and student of JMI will have access the database.
☀ Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, has chaired his sixteenth interaction through PRAGATI – the ICT-based, multi-modal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation. He also reviewed the progress of the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT).
☀ The Centre has constituted a Committee under Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairy and Fisheries (DADF) to maintain constant vigil on the situation arising out of avian influenza (H5N8). Besides monitoring, the Committee will assist the State Government in taking steps to contain the spread of Avian Influenza.
☀ The Supreme Court Chief Justice T.S. Thakur has asked how instruments of amusement such as free colour TVs could be camouflaged as “welfare measures” by political parties. The CJ made the observations while examining the question of whether Section 123(3) of the RPA has prohibited a candidate or his agent from appealing for votes or refrain from voting on the grounds of his religion, race, caste, community or language.
- The Supreme Court is deciding a challenge against the free distribution of 30,000 colour TVs by the DMK after its victory in the 2006 Assembly polls. The party’s manifesto had promised TVs for every household.
- On Wednesday, Chief Justice T.S. Thakur, said promises like free TVs and money in election manifestos were nothing short of bribery.
☀ Two farmer-centric initiatives of the Ministry of Science and Technology are under operation. These are Biotech-KISAN and Cattle Genomics.
- Biotech- KISAN (Krishi Innovation Science Application Network) – is a new programme that empowers farmers, especially women farmers. It will connect farmers to best global practices.
- Cattle Genomics: It is about taking indigenous livestock enhancement. Since, livestock contributes significantly to the livelihood of rural poor in our country and has enormous potential to reduce poverty. There is a predicted increase in demand for animal food products in India by 2020. In the wake of climate change challenges, quality breeding of indigenous livestock is essential. When breeding is selective, the native livestock can transform the lives of small farmers. Genomic selection will ensure high-yielding, disease-resistant, resilient livestock.
☀ The one-man judicial committee under the Chairmanship of Justice L Narasimha Reddy, retired Chief Justice of Patna High Court, on One Rank One Pension (OROP) has submitted its report to the Defence Minister. The Central Government had appointed the committee to look into the anomalies, if any, arising out of implementation of OROP.
☀ India has pushed the traditional military-to-military cooperation with Russia in the 16th meeting of the India-Russia Intergovernmental Commission on Military-Technical Cooperation (IRIGC-MTC).
International News Important Current Affairs PDF – 27 October 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which a person must be aware of.
☀ In Iraq, special forces have moved over 1,000 people from villages near the front lines of the battle to recapture the Islamic State-held city of Mosul and surrounding areas.
- The International Organisation for Migration says, at least 8,940 people have been displaced since the operation to retake Mosul has begun this month.
Economics News Today’s Current Affairs PDF – 27 October 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy.
☀ New Revised Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) between India and Republic of Korea has come into force, which was signed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his visit to Seoul in May 2015.
- It will have effect in India with respect to income derived in fiscal years beginning on or after 1st April, 2017.
- The revised DTAA aims to avoid the burden of double taxation for taxpayers of two countries in order to promote flow of investment, technology and services between India and Korea.
27 October 2016 – Sports News Today Current Affairs PDF
The following important current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view.
☀ New Zealand has defeated India by 19 runs in the fourth Cricket ODI at Ranchi. The 5-match ODI series is now levelled 2-2. The last match of the series will be played on Saturday in Visakhapatnam.
☀ In the Asian Champions Trophy, India having already sealed a semi-final berth, defeated Malaysia 2-1 this evening.Rupinder Pal Singh scored through a penalty corner in the last quarter to seal victory for India.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s current events of importance. Please share your comments with us. You can download the current affairs pdf by clicking on print button and saving it as a pdf. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.