The Current Affair Capsule is a brief collection of all news of the day. ExamPariksha.com makes a list all important news points day to day.
National News Important Current Affairs Update – 29 July 2016
ExamPariksha publishes day to day current affairs capsule covering relevant fact based daily news to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Here is a sincere attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios from today’s current news.
☀ The Lok Sabha has passed the Benami Transaction (Prohibition) Amendment Bill, 2015. It will allow government to confiscate benami properties, referring to deals where the owner of a property denies knowledge of ownership, after due procedure.
- However, those who declare their benami properties under the Income Declaration scheme will get immunity under the Act.
☀ Punjab‘s Beas railway station has been ranked the highest in terms of cleanliness in a passenger feedback survey carried out by the Railway Ministry.
- This survey ranked Bihar‘s Madhubani railway station the last in cleanliness.
- The passenger feedback survey, involving 1.3 lakh passengers in 407 railway stations, was conducted as a part of Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu’s ‘Swachh Rail Swachh Bharat‘ initiative.
☀ The Cabinet has approved the Setting up of a new All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Bathinda in Punjab. It will be established under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana.
- It will provide super speciality healthcare and create a large pool of doctors.
- Presently, there are seven functioning AIIMS, while three others have been approved.
☀ Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh is set to visit Pakistan to attend the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation’s (SAARC) meeting of Home/Interior Ministers during 3rd and 4th of August 2016. He will raise the issue of cross-border terrorism at the meeting.
International News Daily Current Affair Capsule – 29 July 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked from current affairs capsule in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
☀ 29 July is observed as the International Tiger Day to raise awareness for tiger conservation.
- It was founded in 2010 at the St. Petersburg Tiger Summit, with the aim to double the Tiger population by 2022.
☀ The European Space Agency has officially ended the support system for the Philae lander module, which was launched alongside ‘Rosetta‘ orbiter and performed the first successful comet landing. It landed oddly on the 67P comet in 2014 and was unable to maintain consistent communication with Rosetta. To conserve Rosetta’s energy till the end of the mission in September, Philae support was terminated.
Economics News Today’s Current Affair Capsule – 29 July 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy.
☀ The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a total of ₹27 crore as penalty on 13 banks, for “violation of regulatory directions/instructions/guidelines, among other things, on KYC (Know Your Customer) norms“.
☀ India signed a deal worth about $1 billion with US-based aerospace company Boeing for four P-8I submarine hunter planes.
☀ Multilateral funding agency Asian Development Bank has raised around ₹500 crore by issuing five-year offshore Indian rupee-linked bonds. The proceeds from the bonds are meant to support private sector lending in India.
This day in History: India’s Business Tycoon J R D Tata was born on 29th July in the year 1904. He is widely regarded as the father of Indian civil aviation. He is the only industrialist to have received India’s highest civilian honour, the Bharat Ratna.
- He was the first person to obtain a commercial pilot license in India in 1929, with ‘No. 1’ printed on his license.
- He launched India’s first airmail service, which later became the country’s national carrier, Air India.
- India‘s first cosmetics brand Lakmé was founded in 1952 by JRD Tata, as a subsidiary of the Tata Oil Mills on Jawaharlal Nehru’s insistence. The brand was named after the French opera Lakmé, the French form of Indian Goddess Lakshmi. In 1996, the brand was sold off to hisdustan Unilever.
Sports News Current Affair Capsule – 29 July 2016
The following important current affairs capsule about sports news are relevant from exam point of view. Questions might appear in upcoming banking and SSC CGL 2016 exam about the following.
☀ Uvena Fernandes has become the first Woman Referee from India to get selected to officiate in FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in Jordan later this year.
☀ The renowned Banaras Gharana musician, Tabla maestro Pandit Lacchu Maharaj has passed away in Varanasi at 72 years of age. His real name was Laxmi Narayan Singh, he had worked in many Bollywood films and performed all over the world.
☀ Eminent litterateur and social activist Mahasweta Devi passed away in Kolkata at 90 years of age. She had received Padma Shri (1986), Jnanpith Award (1996), Ramon Magsaysay Award (1997) and Padma Vibhushan (2006).
- Her notable works are: Hajar Churashir Maa and Breast Stories among others.
Usually examiners ask GA or current GK questions in personal interviews and exams focussing on recent events to check how informed you are. This is our contribution towards making students more aware of what to study and what to ignore in daily news. We hope this compilation of current affair capsule was useful for going through today’s important events. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We promise never to Spam or Share your personal information with anyone.