ExamPariksha.com publishes day to day news for current affairs download. Usually examiners ask GA or current GK questions in personal interviews and exams focusing on current general knowledge to check how informed you are.
National News Daily Current Affairs Download – 3 October 2016
Here are relevant fact based daily news to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere.
☀ The Nation paid homage to the Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi on his 147th Birth anniversary on Sunday 2nd October.
- The Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, inaugurated the Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra in New Delhi. He said Mahatma Gandhi had left India, but the call of the nation brought him back. He also said that for years the term “brain drain” has been in vogue. But if we look at the diaspora as our strength we can convert it this to “brain gain.”
☀ Nation also revered former Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri on his 112nd Birth anniversary. Shastri served as prime minister from June 9, 1964, and successfully led the nation during the 22-day war with Pakistan in 1965. He gave the slogan of ‘Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan‘ during India-Pakistan war.
☀ President Pranab Mukherjee has given his assent to the Paris Climate Change agreement, which is scheduled to be ratified by India. This agreement will take effect when at least 55 countries, accounting for 55% global greenhouse gas emissions ratify the pact.
Note that: 61 countries responsible for 47.79% emissions have already ratified the climate change deal.
☀ The Union Government’s Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, aimed to accelerate efforts to achieve universal sanitation coverage and cleanliness, has completed two years. Under this mission, aim is to achieve an Open-Defecation Free (ODF) India by 2nd October 2019, which is the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Himachal Pradesh’s Mandi district was named the cleanest district in hilly areas
- Maharashtra’s Sindhudurg district was named the cleanest in plain areas.
- Gujarat’s 900-year-old Rani ki Vav (the Queen’s Stepwell) has been named as the‘Cleanest Cultural Heritage Site‘ in the nation.
- Surat was named as the cleanest railway station
- Sikkim’s capital Gangtok has been conferred with the title of the ‘Cleanest Tourist Destination’.
- Chandigarh and Mysore have been felicitated as ‘Clean Cities‘ in the ‘million plus population’ category.
☀ 5th International Buddhist Conclave has been inaugurated by Dr. Mahesh Sharma, Minister of State for Tourism and Culture with a view to showcasing and projecting the Buddhist heritage and pilgrim sites of India. The Ministry of Tourism is organizing the Conclave from 2nd to 6th October 2016 in Varanasi-Sarnath & Bodhgaya in collaboration with the State Governments of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
☀ The Union Government has appointed S. Sivakumar as a full-time Member of the 21st Law Commission of India (LCI).
☀ India’s Right to Information (RTI) Act, that was passed in 2005, has been ranked 4th best in the world, according to the latest rankings of 111 nations with such laws.
- This ranking is based on the strength of the legal frameworks that ensures efficient implementation of the act.
International News Important Current Affairs Updates – 3 October 2016
The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
☀ 2nd October has been celebrated as International Day of Non-Violence, the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi. On 15 June 2007 the United Nations General Assembly voted to establish 2nd October as the International Day of Non-Violence.
- Note that: Mahatma Gandhi was named TIME Magazine’s Person of the Year in 1930. He still remains the only Indian to be honoured with the title.
☀ Bulgaria has passed a law banning “clothing that partially or completely covers the face” including hijab and niqab. Bulgaria thereby, follows EU member nations France and Netherlands in imposing the ban. Note that: Muslim women make up 13% of Bulgaria’s population.
☀ The United Nations (UN) plans to launch its first-ever space mission aboard a US-based space transport company’s Spaceplane in 2021. The mission is aimed to provide opportunities to developing nations without established space programs to send payloads into space. These payloads will be selected by a UN space-wing in 2018 and will be launched into low-Earth orbit in 2021.
Economics News Today’s Current Affairs Download – 3 October 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy. We hope this collection on exampariksha.com helps you in increasing your financial awareness.
☀ The Union Government has notified the constitution of the 6 member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC). Its Chairman is Urjit Patel (RBI Governor).
- Other Members of MPC are:
- R Gandhi (Deputy Governor RBI in charge of Monetary Policy)
- Michael Patra (Executive Director of RBI)
- Chetan Ghate (Professor, Indian Statistical Institute)
- Pami Dua (Director, Delhi School of Economics)
- Ravindra H. Dholakia (Professor Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad)
3 October 2016 – Sports Current Affairs Download News Today
The following important current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view. Questions might appear in upcoming banking and SSC CGL 2016 exam about the following.
☀ The third edition of the Indian Super League has been kicked off yesterday with an opening ceremony at the Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium, Guwahati. The ceremony was attended by Rio Olympics silver medalist PV Sindhu, besides team owners Sachin Tendulkar, MS Dhoni, Abhishek Bachchan, John Abraham, and other celebrities.
☀ The Tripura and Vidarbha Cricket Associations have become the first full members of the BCCI to adopt the Lodha Committee’s recommendations.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important news. These are also for those looking for daily current affairs download. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.