ExamPariksha.com publishes day to day news for current affairs download. Usually examiners ask GA or current GK questions in personal interviews and exams focusing on current general knowledge to check how informed you are.
National News Daily Current Affairs Download – 30 July 2016
Here are relevant fact based daily news to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere.
☀ BCCI President and MP Anurag Thakur has been commissioned into Territorial Army in the rank of Lieutenant.
About Territorial Army :
- What is the Territorial Army (TA)? It is a force that can be mobilised in case of an emergency. It is composed of volunteers already employed in civilian professions, but who receive military training for a few days in a year.
- History of Territorial Army – Its origins lie in the Territorial Army raised by the British in 1920 through the Indian Territorial Act, 1920. The TA Act was passed in 1948, and the TA was inaugurated by C Rajagopalachari on October 9, 1949.
- The Territorial army is a part of regular army. It maintains essential services in situations where the life of the community is affected or the security of the country threatened.
- TA currently has a strength of approximately 40,000 first line soldiers, and another 160,000 second line troops.
☀ The Rajya Sabha has passed the Compensatory Afforestation Fund Bill, 2015, which seeks to unlock over ₹41,000 crore earmarked for afforestation projects. It was passed by the Lok Sabha in May. The bill envisages the establishment of National and State Compensatory Afforestation Funds.
☀ The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) will provide an insurance cover to travellers for a premium of ₹1 beginning September, under a trial scheme. The premium will be provided in case of casualties and injuries due to incidents such as terrorist attacks and train accidents.
- Compensation of up to ₹10 lakh will be provided in the event of death.
☀ The first-ever meeting of BRICS Employment Working Group (BEWG) was held in Hyderabad, Telangana from July 27 to 28, 2016. The aim was: To shape the agenda for labour and employment track in BRICS countries.
☀ Two-time Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman will become only the second Indian to perform at the United Nations General Assembly, as part of India’s 70th Independence Day celebrations.
- Rahman will perform a musical rendition of Rabindranath Tagore’s poem ‘Where the mind is without fear‘.
- Note that: Carnatic singer MS Subbulakshmi was the first Indian to perform at UN in October 1966.
International News Important Current Affairs Updates – 30 July 2016
The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
☀ The Indo-Thailand Military Exercise MAITREE concluded on 29 July 2016 at Krabi, Thailand.
- The exercise had commenced on 15 July 2016 under the aegis of the Royal Thailand Army.
- Aim: To train contingents of both the armies on conduct of counter terrorist operations in an urban environment.
☀ A 14-year-old boy, Tushar Talawat has won the International Mathematics Competition organised in Indonesia. He is a student of Ahmedabad-based Hemchandracharya Sanskrit Pathshala.
☀ A team of scientists will recalculate and shift Australia’s latitude and longitude coordinates, which are currently inaccurate by over 1.5 metres.
- Note that: The Australian continent moves north by about 7 centimetres each year, causing a difference between actual coordinates and those currently used by Navigation Satellite Systems like GPS.
- The Australian coordinates were last updated in year 1994.
Economics News Today’s Current Affairs Download – 30 July 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy. We hope this collection on exampariksha.com helps you in increasing your financial awareness.
☀ German automaker Volkswagen is the world’s largest automobile manufacturer as per data available for the first half of 2016. Volkswagen has sold 5.11 million units, around 80,000 units ahead of Japan’s Toyota, and 360,000 units ahead of USA’s General Motors, the second and third-largest automobile manufacturers.
- Note that : Volkswagen has been involved in an emissions test tampering scandal.
☀ 32-year-old Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest among the world’s ten richest people. He first appeared on the Forbes 400 list in September 2008 with a net worth of $1.5 billion at the age of 24. Zuckerberg became the fifth richest person with his net worth touching an estimated high of $56.7 billion.
☀ The government has extended the due date of filing the Income Tax Return from July 31 to August 5 across India, except in Jammu and Kashmir.
30 July 2016 – Sports Current Affairs Download News Today
The following important current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view. Questions might appear in upcoming banking and SSC CGL 2016 exam about the following.
☀ South Pacific island nation Tuvalu will have the smallest contingent at the 2016 Rio Olympics, consisting of only one member in 100-metre sprint.
- Note that: For the first time, India is sending a 100-plus contingent, its largest ever.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important news. These are also for those looking for daily current affairs download. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We promise never to Spam or Share your personal information with anyone.