Daily Current Affairs 2016 are listed here in a sincere attempt to cover all important topics for staying updated from today’s current affairs 2016.
31 May 2016- National News Daily Current Affairs Updates
Daily current affairs are being published by ExamPariksha.com covering relevant fact based daily important news. To include all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section.
☀ The government will roll out a new campaign under which 66 digital vans, equipped with Internet and audio-visual facilities, to increase awareness about various e-governance services in rural and semi-urban areas.
- The aim is to reach out to more than 10 lakh citizens and register over 1.5 lakh rural citizens for MyGov, digital locker, Aadhaar and other digital services.
- A district level committee, headed by the District Collector will foresee ground level execution to ensure maximum benefit.
- Rural citizens will be informed about the services offered at Common Service Centers (CSC), national scholarship portal, e-hospital, digital lockers and Aadhaar in 14 languages — Hindi, English, Gujarati, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Manipuri, Urdu, Marathi and Malayalam.
☀ The government’s ambitious Mission Indradhanush programme, that provides immunisation against 7 life threatening diseases, will add four new vaccines have been added into it.
- The programme depicts seven colours of the rainbow as seven vaccine preventable diseases which include – diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, polio, tuberculosis, measles and Hepatitis B.
- Four new vaccination has been added are – rotavirus, measles rubella, inactivated polio vaccine(IPV) and Japanese Encephalitis for adults.
- With this, now 11 vaccines have been covered under the programme.
- Mission Indradhanush aims at covering all children by 2020 who are either un-vaccinated, or are partially vaccinated against these vaccine preventable diseases.
☀ The Ministry of Heavy Industries has moved the National Green Tribunal (NGT) seeking directions not to extend to other cities the Supreme Court ban on registration of diesel vehicles beyond 2000 CC as this will adversely impact the of growth of the automobile industry. The ministry has requested the green tribunal not to apply any restrictions in any city on sale and registration of new diesel vehicles complying with statutory emission norms.
- Note that: The automobile industry is the largest constituent of the manufacturing sector, contributes to more than 47 % of the manufacturing GDP of the country.
- The Supreme Court had passed an order in December 2015 banning registration of SUV and private diesel cars of the capacity of 2000 cc in the NCR up to 31st March, 2016.
☀ The Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in his recent visit to Meghalaya tried his hand in beating the Khasi traditional drum ‘Ka Bom.’
☀ The University Grants Commission(UGC) has reduced the working hours of college professors following the instructions by the Human Resource Development Ministry, to 14 hours a week from 16 hours.
☀ Indian television serial ‘Balika Vadhu’ has entered the Limca Books of Records as the ‘Longest Running Daily Soap’ in Hindi, with a run of over 2,000 episodes. It was launched on July 21, 2008, and addressed the issue of child marriage initially. It has two seasons, titled ‘Balika Vadhu: Kachchi Umar Ke Pakke Rishte’ and ‘Balika Vadhu: Lamhe Pyaar Ke’.
International News Important Current Affairs Updates – 31 May 2016
The following exampariksha listing of international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC, SSC CGL 2016 and State PSCs.
☀ The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has successfully deployed the first experimental inflatable room attached to the International Space Station (ISS). The experimental inflatable room is named BEAM (Bigelow Expandable Activity Module) has been deployed after it was successfully expanded and pressurized.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Updates – 31 May 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy. We hope this collection on exampariksha.com helps you in increasing your financial awareness.
☀ The Ministers can now approve non-plan expenditure proposals of up to Rs. 500 crore as against the earlier limit of Rs. 150 crore. Finance Ministry’s new directives state that, competent authority to approve scheme or project between 75 crore and 500 crore rupees will be the minister-in-charge of the ministry or department. Note that: Proposals up to Rs. 75 crore can be approved by the secretary of the administrative ministry or department.
- In case of non-plan schemes entailing expenditure between 500 – 1,000 crore rupees, the competent authority is the minister-in charge and minister of finance.
- Expenditure beyond Rs. 1,000 crore require clearance of the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA).
- Making changes in the delegation of financial power rules, 1978, the Finance Ministry will set up a three member Committee of Non-Plan Expenditure (CNE) with Expenditure Secretary as chairman. The other members are CEO of NITI Aayog and Secretary of the Department concerned.
- What is non plan expenditure? Expenditure that doesn’t come under the purview of the Planning Commission is called non-plan expenditure. It includes both developmental and non-developmental expenditure. Part of this expenditure is obligatory in nature like interest payments, pensionary charges and devolution/statutory transfers to States, expenditure on salaries as well as explicit subsidies provided by the Government also form part of non-plan expenditure.
☀ The Micro-blogging platform Twitter is now considering the roll-out of the Twitter Seva service in other countries such as the U.K. and the UAE after the success of the service in Indian market to help delivery of e-governance services.
- About Twitter Seva service: It helps process a large volume of tweets and assigns them to the relevant authority for real time resolution.
- Currently being used by Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of External Affairs and Ministry of Railways, besides the Bengaluru Police.
☀ China’s central bank has set the daily Yuan-fixing rate against the US Dollar at 6.5784, at the lowest level since February 2011.
31 May 2016 – Todays Current Affairs Updates Sports News
The following important todays current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view.
☀ Six-time Paralympic gold medal-winning British wheelchair racer, David Weir has became the first wheelchair racer to complete a mile-long race (approximately 1.6 kilometers) in under 3 minutes.
☀ Manavaditya Singh Rathore, son of the 2004 Athens Olympics silver medalist Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, has clinched the Gold medal in the Men’s Junior Trap event of the International Junior Shotgun Cup held in Finland.
☀ The English cricket team captain Alastair Cook has become the first English cricketer to reach the 10,000 runs milestone in Test cricket on Monday during the second Test against Sri Lanka. He also became the youngest batsman to achieve the extraordinary feat, surpassing Sachin Tendulkar.
☀ Actor Suresh Chatwal, known for his role in the Hindi television series ‘FIR’, has passed away.
P.S. Usually examiners ask GA or current day to day GK questions in personal interviews and exams focusing on recent events to check how informed you are. We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important current events. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.