ExamPariksha.com publishes day to day news for current affairs download. Usually examiners ask GA or current GK questions in personal interviews and exams focusing on current general knowledge to check how informed you are.
National News Daily Current Affairs Download – 4 June 2016
Here are relevant fact based daily news to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere.
☀ Assam Assembly has passed the Assam Ease of Doing Business Bill, 2016. It has the provision for speedy processing of applications and issue of clearances for setting up industries.
☀Prime Minister Narendra Modi has left on a five-nation visit to Afghanistan, Qatar, Switzerland, the US and Mexico. During the visit, major focus will be to broaden bilateral trade, energy and security cooperation and push for India’s bid to become a member of Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG).
☀ The Government’s construction major, the Central Public Works Department (CPWD) will adopt modern Monolithic construction technology for all major projects of Rs.100 cr and above, abandoning traditional methods of construction.
- Monolithic construction, is being followed in countries like the US, UK, Russia, Germany, other European countries, China, Singapore and Malaysia.
- It enables column free and integrated timber and brick free construction of walls and roofs.
- Monolithic construction reduces the construction completion cycle from 3 weeks per floor under traditional load bearing and Reinforced Cement Concrete methods to less than a week.
- It is suited for large housing projects and office complexes
- Advantages of Monolithic construction technology :
- cost saving due to reduced construction time,
- much lesser air and noise pollution and
- Lesser construction waste,
- No use of timber,
- Optimum use of water,
- Better finish,
- Durable construction,
- All weather construction,
- Increased labour productivity etc.
- Only Ready Mix Concrete (RMC) will be used. Therefore, no need of moving sand, cement, aggregates, bricks and steel shuttering materials to the construction site.
- This technology also furthers the cause of Swachh Bharat Mission by ensuring neat and tidy workplace with minimal environmental pollution and of Skill India Mission with industry taking up skill upgradation activities to enable Skill, Scale and Speed in large construction works.
- Monolithic technology is validated by the Building Materials and Technology Promotion Council of the Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation.
- Disadvantages of traditional constructions methods :
- air, water and noise pollution,
- hazardous working conditions at site,
- inadequate control over quality of construction,
- work progress subject to weather conditions,
- longer construction time.
- Raises dust pollution.
☀ Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has suggested her European Union counterpart Cecilia Malmström to resume the long-stalled negotiations over the proposed free trade agreement.
- They should start talks on Ind-EU Broad-based Trade and Investment Agreement (BTIA).
- The negotiations that were launched in 2007 for the proposed BTIA have seen many hurdles with both sides having major differences on crucial issues like intellectual property rights, duty cut in automobile and spirits, and liberal visa regime.
- The pact is aimed at reducing or significantly eliminating tariffs on goods, facilitate trade in services and boost investments between the two sides.
☀ Minister of Power Piyush Goyal has said India poised to become clean energy capital of the world. The mission of the present government is to increase use of clean technologies and renewable for power generation. He also emphasized on the need to restore the forest cover depleted over a period of time through massive tree plantation.
☀ Defence exercise Desert Eagle-II has concluded. Desert Eagle II is the second in the series of bilateral exercises between Indian Air Force (IAF) and United Arab Emirates Air Force (UAE AF). In this ten-day air combat exercise, the IAF and the UAE Air Force undertook air exercises from Al-Dhafra Air Base, Abu Dhabi starting from 22 May 2016.
☀ Union Environment Minister, Prakash Javadekar, has launched Asia’s first ‘Gyps Vulture Reintroduction Programme’ in Haryana. The vulture breeding and conservation programme is being carried out by the Government of Haryana in Pinjore. Two Himalayan Griffons were released into the wild from the Jatayu Conservation Breeding Centre, Pinjore on the occasion.
☀ The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India have signed an agreement for $200 million new loan to upgrade 176 Kilometers of State roads in State of Jharkhand.
International News Important Current Affairs Updates – 4 June 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked from current affairs in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
☀ France has declared flood emergency after the River Seine in Paris burst its banks in some places thereby displacing thousands of people. City authorities have said the flood will take weeks to recede. The River Seine in Paris is at its highest level for more than 30 years. At least 15 people have died across central Europe as heavy rainfall caused flooding from France to Ukraine. Austria, the Netherlands and Poland have also been affected.
Economics News Today’s Current Affairs Download – 4 June 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy. We hope this collection on exampariksha.com helps you in increasing your financial awareness.
☀ Country’s largest private sector lender ICICI Bank has cut its marginal cost of funds-based lending rate (MCLR) by 0.05 per cent, to make it at par with SBI and HDFC Bank. Under the new rate structure, the bank will give out overnight loans to new borrowers at 8.95 per cent, while the one-year MCLR, to which housing loans are linked, has become 9.15 per cent. Note that: RBI has introduced the MCLR system from April 1 this year for faster transmission of its policy actions by the lenders.
☀ Finance Ministry has said that Indian economy can touch 8 per cent growth level if the monsoon is favourable this year. The fiscal deficit and the revenue deficit during 2015-16 were fully contained and targets were achieved. Revenue deficit showed significant improvement due to increase in capital expenditure of the government. The growth was 7.2 per cent in 2014-15. Also, India’s economy grew by 7.9 per cent in March quarter to consolidate its position as the fastest growing major economy, leaving behind China.
4 June 2016 – Sports Current Affairs Download News Today
The following important current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view. Questions might appear in upcoming banking and SSC CGL 2016 exam about the following.
☀ World Health Organization will conduct an examination into the risks of holding the Olympic Games in Brazil because of the Zika virus threat. The Olympics draw people from all over the globe, which may help spread the mosquito-borne virus.
☀ Veteran Indian tennis star, Leander Paes has completed a ‘Career Slam’ in mixed doubles with Swiss partner Martina Hingis with a hard-fought win in French Open over compatriot Sania Mirza and Ivan Dodig, in Paris. The 42-year-old Paes had won Australian Open, Wimbledon and US Open titles in 2015 with Hingis. It is 18th Grand Slam title for Paes and 10th in the mixed doubles.
☀Boxing legend Muhammad Ali has died, after a 32-year battle with Parkinson’s disease. Former world heavyweight champion Muhammad Ali, had a record-setting boxing career, which made him one of the best-known figures of the 20th century. Muhammad Ali passed away yesterday at the age of 74 years. He is known globally not only for his storied ring career but also for his civil rights activism.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important news. These are also for those looking for daily current affairs download. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.