ExamPariksha.com publishes day to day news for current affairs download. Usually examiners ask GA or current GK questions in personal interviews and exams focusing on current general knowledge to check how informed you are.
National News Daily Current Affairs Download – 4 October 2016
Here are relevant fact based daily news to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere.
☀ The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee presented Sangeet Natak Akademi’s Fellowships and Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards for the year 2015 at a function at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- The Sangeet Natak Akademi’s Fellowships (Akademi Ratna) and Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards (Akademi Puraskar) are recognized as the most coveted national honours.
- These are bestowed on performing artists as well as teachers and scholars in the field of performing arts.
☀ Rajasthan has become the first state in India to adopt Central Government’s Street Lighting National Programme (SLNP) in all its urban local bodies (ULB). Under this programme, around 5 lakh conventional street lights have been replaced with LED street lights across the state.
☀ Government has unveiled sustainable Urban Development strategy for next 20 years, intending to give a big push to use growing urbanization for rapid economic development. It will also address issues of sustainable development and climate change. The Key focus areas are:
- Reducing water and power use by half,
- Renewable energy,
- Public transport,
- Focus is on cities for rapid economic growth
- Over 10 lakh houses for urban poor sanctioned in one year, that is as much as during 9 years of JNNURM.
- Minister of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation, M.Venkaiah Naidu released ‘India Habitat III-National Report’ ahead of the UN Habitat III Conference in Quito, Ecuador late this month.
- In Quito, a global New Urban Agenda for the next 20 years is going to be adopted.
☀ The noted music director and violinist Uttam Singh has been named for 2016 Lata Mangeshkar Award for Lifetime Achievement by the Maharashtra government.
☀ The National Mission on Bioeconomy has been launched in Shillong, Meghalaya by the Institute of Bio-resources and Sustainable Development (IBSD) under the Ministry of Science and Technology. . The mission is unique to south-east Asia and India has become one of the few countries to tap bio-resources.
- The mission focuses on sustainable utilization of renewable biological resources for food, bio-based products and bio-energy through knowledge-based approaches.
☀ Jharkhand has become the first state in the country to implement Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) in Kerosene. This initiative is aimed at rationalising subsidy, based on the approach to cut subsidy leakages but not the subsidy per se.
☀ Ministry of Railways has decided to grant concession only to senior citizens of Indian Nationality, permanently residing in India. It will not give Senior Citizen concession to the senior citizen of foreign nationals & NRIs.
International News Important Current Affairs Updates – 4 October 2016
The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
☀ China has recently completed a test run of its first suspended electric monorail network in the Chengdu city, over a 300-meter line.This can revolutionize public transport in near future.
☀ The 2016 Nobel Prize in Medicine has been awarded to Japanese cell biologist- Yoshinori Ohsumi for his discoveries about autophagy (how the body’s cells detoxify and repair themselves).
- The prize money is 8 million Swedish kronor (around $936,000 or 834,000 euros).
- He studied baker’s yeast to find the genes that regulate Autophagy, which is a process whereby cells ‘eat themselves’.
- Ohsumi’s work helps explain what goes wrong in a range of diseases, from cancer to Parkinson’s disease, type 2 diabetes and other disorders that appear in the elderly.
- Autophagy is the process that cells use to destroy and recycle cellular components.
History of Autophagy Research:
Researchers first observed during the 1960s that a cell could destroy its own contents by wrapping them up in membranes and transporting them to a degradation compartment called the lysosome — a discovery that earned Belgian scientist Christian de Duve a Nobel Medicine Prize in 1974.
It was de Duve who coined the term “autophagy”, which comes from the Greek meaning self-eating. Ohsumi build on de Duve’s work to prove that the lysosome “wasn’t a waste dump, it was a recycling plant”.
☀ The Ministry of External Affairs has announced that the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan will be the Chief Guest at the 2017 Republic Day parade.
☀ Facebook started rolling out a less data consuming Android version of its Messenger app called ‘Messenger Lite‘. The app allows users to send text messages, photos and links, but doesn’t support video or voice calls, or making payments. Currently launched in Kenya, Tunisia, Malaysia, Sri Lanka and Venezuela.
☀ Kiara Nirghin, a 16-year-old Indian-origin South African student has topped the ‘Google Science Fair 2016′ contest in the US, thereby winning a scholarship worth $50,000.
Economics News Today’s Current Affairs Download – 4 October 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy. We hope this collection on exampariksha.com helps you in increasing your financial awareness.
☀ Anil Ambani-led Reliance Infrastructure and Rafale jets maker Dassault Aviation have announced a Joint venture for the execution of the offset contract worth about ₹22,000 crore as part of the fighter jet deal.
- This is reportedly India’s largest-ever offset contract.
- The announcement of Dassault Reliance Aerospace follows India and France signing an agreement for 36 Rafale fighter jets.
- What is an offset deal? This is an agreement between two or more parties that provides additional benefits and is ancillary to another negotiated contract.
☀ The US government‘s contract with the ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) to control the IP address space allocations has officially expired.
- ICANN, was founded in 1998, is now a fully “multi-stakeholder” non-profit organisation that will control the web’s naming system.
- The process has been underway since 1998 and was part of a move to internet privatization.
☀ Hyderabad, Mumbai, and Delhi have accounted for nearly half of the ₹65,250 crore black money disclosures made under the Income Declaration Scheme. Hyderabad reportedly topped the list with ₹13,000 crore, while Mumbai and Delhi disclosures are worth over ₹8,000 crore each.
4 October 2016 – Sports Current Affairs Download News Today
The following important current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view. Questions might appear in upcoming banking and SSC CGL 2016 exam about the following.
☀Indian golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar has won his sixth Asian Tour title, winning the Korea Open in Incheon.
☀ Red Bull’s Daniel Ricciardo has registered his first Formula One victory of the season, winning the Malaysian Grand Prix.
☀ India defeated New Zealand by 178 runs in the second Test on Monday to take a winning 2-0 lead in the three-match Test series. With this victory, India regained its status as the world’s number one Test team from Pakistan.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important news. These are also for those looking for daily current affairs download. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.