Todays Current Affairs 2016 are enlisted here to help our readers assimilate all important topics in current news. To encourage our hard work in helping you stay updated about day to day current affairs 2016, Please subscribe, like and share our efforts.
5 June 2016- National News Daily Current Affairs Updates
Todays current affairs are being published by ExamPariksha.com covering relevant fact based daily important news. To include all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section.
☀ Prime Minister Narendra Modi on second leg of his five-nation tour reached Qatar and visited a workers’ camp in Doha, interacted and shared a meal with them. The Prime Minister yesterday visited Afghanistan and inaugurated the Afghan-India Friendship Dam, earlier known as Salma Dam in Herat. The Prime Minister has been conferred with Amir Amanullah Khan Award, Afghanistan’s highest civilian honour.
- The Amir Amanullah Khan medal is named after the Afghan national hero, Amanullah Khan (Ghazi), who championed the cause of Afghanistan’s freedom.
- He was the ruler of the Emirate of Afghanistan from 1919-1929 who led Afghanistan to independence.
- King Amanullah advanced Afghanistan’s modernist constitution, where he incorporated equal rights and individual freedom.
- He had modernised the country, creating cosmopolitan schools for both boys and girls and also increased Afghanistan’s trade with Europe and Asia.
☀ Himachal Pradesh has become the first state in the country to have a State Data Centre (SDC).
- SDC is a Green Data Centre as it minimizes power consumption by maximizing power utilization efficiency.
- It will offer 101 people-oriented service online through its integrated data base.
- It has been launched in Shimla by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh.
- This SDC will integrate websites of various departments and all services could then be accessible through the integrated data base.
☀ 5th June is celebrated as World Environment Day, to raise global awareness to take positive environmental action to protect nature and planet Earth. The theme of 2016 is “zero tolerance for the illegal trade in wildlife”.
☀ The proposed draft National Water Framework Bill aims to give every person the right to a minimum amount of “safe water”, while making the state “obliged” to “protect” and conserve water. It has been prepared by the Water Resources Ministry.
- The draft says every person would be entitled to “water for life” that shall not be denied to anyone on the ground of inability to pay.
- The Bill defines this “water for life” as that basic requirement, necessary for the “fundamental right of life of each human being, including drinking, cooking, bathing, sanitation, personal hygiene and related personal and domestic uses”.
- This minimum water requirement would be determined by the “appropriate” governments from time to time.
☀ Asia’s largest annual security forum, Shangri-La Dialogue was inaugurated in Singapore to talk about security issues in the Asia-Pacific region. The forum has been organised by the London-based International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS). The three day event will be attended by at least 20 Defence Ministers from Asia-Pacific countries including Indian Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.
☀ The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) will adopt their new uniform on the occasion of Vijay Dashami (October 11) this year, as the cadre was formed on Vijay Dashami in 1925. Earlier in March, they had decided to shun their khaki half pants and replace it with brown full-pants.
International News Important Current Affairs Updates – 5 June 2016
The following exampariksha listing of international news has important todays current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC, SSC CGL 2016 and State PSCs.
☀ Facebook has built an Artificial Intelligence – AI system that can read text like a human. It can read through thousands of posts per second, in more than 20 languages, and understand what they are all saying.
☀ Scientists from Harvard University have created a unique “bionic leaf” which uses solar energy to split water molecules into oxygen and hydrogen, and also uses hydrogen-eating bacteria to produce liquid fuels from CO2. It has been called “bionic leaf 2.0,” as it can convert solar energy to biomass with 10 percent efficiency – which is far higher than the 1% seen in the fastest growing plants. The system can be used to generate usable fuels, its potential doesn’t end there. Scientists used a new cobalt-phosphorous alloy catalyst for this experiment.
☀ Indian sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik has won the Gold medal in the People’s choice category at the World Sand Art Championship in Bulgaria. He was awarded for sculpture titled ‘Drugs Kill Sports’ where he depicted cyclist Lance Armstrong and tennis player Maria Sharapova.
☀ Using a new satellite-based method, NASA scientists have located 39 unreported and major human-made sources of toxic sulphur dioxide emissions.
- The unreported emission sources, are clusters of coal-burning power plants, smelters, oil and gas operations – in West Asia, Mexico and parts of Russia.
- Note that: Sulphur dioxide is a known health hazard and cause of acid rain.
- Presently, sulphur dioxide-monitoring activities include – use of emission inventories derived from ground-based measurements and factors, such as fuel usage.
Economics News Today’s Current Affairs Updates – 5 June 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy. We hope this collection on exampariksha.com helps you in increasing your financial awareness.
☀ In the ‘Good Country’ 2015 index, Sweden has been voted as the best country in the world. The index ranks 163 countries, taking 35 different UN and World Bank indices into account. The top ten best countries included Sweden, Denmark, the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, Finland, Canada, France, Austria and New Zealand. While Libya was ranked as the least “good” country in the world.
- India is at 70th position overall, which is three places below China.
- This biannual index was founded by Simon Anholt, a British government adviser whose aim is “to find ways of encouraging countries to collaborate and co-operate a lot more, and compete a bit less”.
- The index seeks to measure how countries contribute to the global good.
- In 2014, Ireland had topped the first Good Country Index, outranking 130 other countries.
☀The New Development Bank (NDB) of the BRICS countries are set to issue their first yuan-denominated bonds to finance sustainable development projects.
☀ India and the US have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to provide speedy security clearances for pre-approved, low-risk Indian travellers on arrival in the US, at selected airports.
5 June 2016 – Todays Current Affairs Updates Sports News
The following important todays current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view.
☀South Asian Games gold medallist Indian judoka, Avtar Singh has qualified for the Rio Olympic Games in under 90kg weight category under the continental quota.
P.S. Usually examiners ask GA or current day to day GK questions in personal interviews and exams focusing on recent events to check how informed you are. We hope this compilation proves to be useful for going through today’s current events. Please share it with your friends and family too, and spread the love. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.