All Important current affair for today that can be asked by examiners in current GK questions to check how informed you are listed below.
National News Important Current Affair Updates – 5 October 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based daily Current Affairs to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section.
☀The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has launched the Indian Bridge Management System (IBMS). It is seen as a major step towards ensuring safety of bridges in the country. IBMS will create an inventory of all bridges in the country and rate their structural condition so that timely repair and rehabilitation work can be carried out based on the criticality of the structure.
☀ Actor and BJP leader Roopa Ganguly, who had played the role of mythological character Draupadi in the hit television series Mahabharat, has been nominated to the Rajya Sabha. Ganguly has been nominated by President Pranab Mukherjee to the seat vacated by cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu.
☀ The Union Government has made Aadhaar card mandatory for availing cooking gas (LPG) subsidies after November 2016. In this regard, Oil marketing companies (OMCs) have been asked to facilitate enrollments of Aadhaar of the consumers to avail the subsidy.
- Currently, the government gives 12 LPG cylinders at subsidised rates per household in a year.
- The subsidy on every LPG cylinder is transferred directly into bank accounts of individuals who then buy the cooking fuel at market rates.
☀ The Karnataka Assembly has passed a resolution unanimously to release 10,000 cusecs Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu to help the TN’s farmers meet their crops and drinking requirements.
- This came after the Supreme Court’s warning to Karnataka to release Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu by 2 pm on Tuesday or else it would face ‘wrath of the law’.
☀ India and Singapore under Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, have decided to set up a Finance Dialogue to strengthen the bilateral trade and economic ties.
- India and Singapore signed three agreements, following delegation-level talks.
- Two of the agreements were in the area of skill development and one in industrial property.
☀ Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe has arrived in India for a three-day visit. He will address the opening plenary of the India Economic Summit organised by the World Economic Forum.
International Important Current Affair Updates – 5 October 2016
Questions from International sphere are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an informed individual.
☀ The Nobel Prize in Physics for 2016 has been awared to British trio, one half to David J. Thouless, the other half jointly to F. Duncan M. Haldane and J. Michael Kosterlitz “for theoretical discoveries of topological phase transitions and topological phases of matter.”
- They have used advanced mathematical methods to study unusual phases, or states, of matter, such as superconductors, superfluids or thin magnetic films.
- Their pioneering work is guiding the the hunt for new and exotic phases of matter.
☀ History writer Nayanjot Lahiri has won the prestigious 2016 John F. Richards Prize. She won it for her book Ashoka in Ancient India.
☀ Film-maker and elephant researcher Prajna Chowta has been appointed Chevalier de l’Ordre National du Mérite (Knight in the National Order of Merit) by the French government in recognition of a life devoted to caring for wild Asian elephants.
Economics Important Current Affairs News Today – 5 October 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of general Economy.
☀The Reserve bank of India has reduced the key policy rate or the repo rate by 25 bps to 6.25 per cent in the fourth bimonthly policy review.
- This is the first rate decision made by the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the bank, which is headed by RBI Governor Urjit Patel and comprises of six members.
- The RBI’s key policy interest rate has now been cut to its lowest level since 2011.
- This comes in wake of Retail inflation dropping to a five-month low of 5.05 per cent in August.
- The new Policy Rates for this quarter till next review in December are listed below:
- Repo Rate – 6.25% from earlier 6.50 %
- Reverse Repo Rate – 5.75 % earlier was 6.00%
- MSF – 6.75% earlier was 7.00%
- Bank Rate – 6.75 % earlier was 7.00%
- There is scope for policy interest rates to ease further because the neutral rate is 1.25 per cent, which is lower than the 1.5-2 per cent regime that prevailed under the previous governor Raghuram Rajan earlier.
The neutral rate is the difference between the risk free rate and inflation — which is a key determinant of the policy rate.
☀ M S Sahoo has taken charge as Chairperson of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI). Sahoo, is a financial markets expert, who was a Member of the Competition Commission of India prior to this appointment. He has been appointed for five years term.
☀ The State bank of India has became the first Indian bank to open a branch in Myanmar‘s capital Yangon.
☀ International Monetary Fund has maintained its forecast for weak global growth in the latest update of its World Economic Outlook. The Fund kept its overall global growth forecasts unchanged at 3.1 per cent for 2016 and 3.4 per cent for 2017 and warned that further stagnation will fuel more populist sentiment against trade and immigration that would stifle activity, productivity and innovation.
- Growth for China remained unchanged at 6.6 per cent for 2016 and 6.2 percent for 2017.
- While India’s growth will improve slightly to 7.6 per cent in both years.
5 October 2016 – Important Current Affair Updates Sports News
The following important current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view. Questions might appear in upcoming exams:
☀ Maria Sharapova’s doping ban has been cut from 2 years to 15 months.
- Sharapova, a five-time Grand Slam champion and former No. 1-ranked player, had tested positive for meldonium at the Australian Open in January and received a two-year ban from the International Tennis Federation. She appealed to CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport) which put a sanction of 15 months on her. Now she will be able to return to competition in April, in time for the French Open.
☀ Bengaluru’s Ishan Pandita has become the first Indian footballer to sign a professional contract with a club in La Liga, the top tier of Spanish football.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important current affair. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We promise never to Spam or Share your personal information with anyone.