ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based daily Current Affairs pdf to cover all important happening. Here is a sincere attempt to bring clarity to important topics from today’s current gk topics.
National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 6 October 2016
The developments in the National sphere are listed in this section.
☀ India and Sri Lanka have shared their concerns at the spread of cross-border terrorism in the region. Visiting Sri Lankan Prime Minister, Ranil Wickremesinghe has also reviewed the progress in bilateral efforts to forge closer co-operation in economic, defence and security matters.
☀ The Union Cabinet has given its approval to the signing of a MoU between India and the African Asian Rural Development Organization (AARDO) for capacity building programmes in the field of rural development.
The AARDO, which has its headquarters in New Delhi, is an autonomous, inter-Governmental organization established in 1962 with the objective of promoting cooperation among the countries of the African – Asian Region in the direction of eradicating thirst, hunger, illiteracy, disease and poverty in the region. India is one of the Founder Members of the Organization and is the largest contributor in terms of membership contribution.
☀ The Union Cabinet under Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved MoU between India and European Union in the field of water resources. It envisions a more sustainable management of water resources in India with an objective of tackling the challenges posed by water management in the context of growing population, competing water demands and a changing climate.
☀ The Union Cabinet led by PM Modi has given its approval to introduce amendments to the HIV and AIDS (Prevention and Control) Bill, 2014.
- The Bill lists various grounds on which discrimination against HIV positive persons and those living with them is prohibited.
- These include the denial, termination, discontinuation or unfair treatment with regard to employment, educational establishments, health care services, residing or renting property, standing for public or private office, and provision of insurance (unless based on actuarial studies).
- Every HIV infected or affected person below the age of 18 years has the right to reside in a shared household and enjoy the facilities of the household.
- Prohibits any individual from publishing information or advocating feelings of hatred against HIV affected individuals.
- Provides for Guardianship for minors.
- Establishments keeping records of information of PLHIV have been asked to adopt data protection measures as “no person shall be compelled to disclose his HIV status except with his informed consent, and if required by a court order.”
About AIDS in India and need for the bill :
There are approximately 21 lakh persons estimated to be living with HIV in India. Even though the prevalence of HIV is decreasing over the last decade, the Bill would provide essential support to National AIDS Control Programme in arresting new infections and thereby achieving the target of “Ending the epidemic by 2030” according to Sustainable Development Goals.
☀ Following the Supreme Court order, the Centre has constituted a high level technical team to visit the Cauvery basin area to assess the ground realities. The team headed by Central Water Commission, Chairman G S Jha will visit the Cauvery basin area and submit a report to the Supreme Court on 17th of this month.
International News Important Current Affairs PDF – 6 October 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which a person must be aware of.
☀ Former Prime Minister of Portugal, Antonio Guterres is poised to become the next Secretary General of the United Nations after the Security Council declared him to be the unanimous choice in the sixth straw poll.
- 66-year old former Portugese Prime Minister was the head of the UN refugee agency from 2005 to 2015.
- He had led the agency through some of the world’s worst refugee crises, including in Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq.
☀ The United Nations’ highest court, International Court of Justice, has rejected nuclear disarmament cases filed by the Pacific nation of the Marshall Islands against Britain, India and Pakistan, saying it did not have jurisdiction.
☀ The Nobel Prize in Chemistry for 2016 has been awarded to Frenchman Jean-Pierre Sauvage, British-born J Fraser Stoddart and Dutch scientist Bernard Feringa for developing molecular machines. The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences said the laureates share the 930,000 US dollars prize.
- They designed and synthesised molecules with controllable movements, which can perform a task when energy is added.
- The development of computing demonstrates how the miniaturisation of technology can lead to a revolution.
- Molecular machines will most likely be used in the development of things such as new materials, sensors and energy storage systems.
Economics News Today’s Current Affairs PDF – 6 October 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy.
☀ The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has given its approval to an acquisition by ONGC Videsh Limited (OVL) for 11% stake in JSC Vankorneft from M/s Rosneft Oil Company (Rosneft), the National Oil Company of Russian Federation.
- Rosneft operates Vankor fields, with Vankorneft, its wholly owned subsidiary.
- OVL will be paying an amount of US $ 930 million for acquiring 11% stake in Vankorneft.
☀ Oil India Limited, an Upstream Oil & Gas PSU, has entered into a MoU with the University of Houston(USA), one of the leading universities on oil and gas of the world, with intent of augmenting its reserves base and maximising recovery from its aging oilfields. This will also contribute towards national obligation to reduce import dependency of oil and gas by 10% by 2022.
☀ Automation threatens 69 % of the jobs in India, while 77 per cent in China, according to a World Bank research.
- Technology could fundamentally disrupt the pattern of traditional economic path from increasing productivity of agriculture to light manufacturing and then to full-scale industrialisation in developing countries.
- If we will lose these many jobs, then we have to adapt our approach to infrastructure accordingly to figure what paths to economic growth will be available.
☀ The government has announced the continuation of minimum import price (MIP) on 66 steel items, which it imposed in February this year. This is aimed at providing a breather to the domestic steel industry, which has already benefited through decreased imports this fiscal.
- Declining imports along with growth in user industries such as automobiles, electrical appliances and infrastructure sector are expected to lend a boost to domestic steel companies.
- Note that: Trade remedial measures have led to a 35 per cent decline in import of finished steel.
6 October 2016 – Sports News Today Current Affairs PDF
The following important current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view.
☀ First ‘BRICS’ U-17 football tournament was inaugurated by Union Minister of State Youth Affairs and Sports Vijay Goel in Goa. The BRICS U – 17 Football Tournament will be played among the ‘BRICS’ countries Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
☀ Brazil beat China 2-0 in the inaugural match of the first BRICS U-17 football tournament held at GMC Stadium in Bambolim, Goa.
☀ Pakistan has been debarred from the kabaddi world cup 2016, which will begin this week in India in wake of recent tensions.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s current events of importance. Please share your comments with us. You can download the current affairs pdf by clicking on print button and saving it as a pdf. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We promise never to Spam or Share your personal information with anyone.