Daily Current Affairs 2016 are listed here in a sincere attempt to cover all important topics for staying updated from today’s current affairs 2016.
7 June 2016- National News Daily Current Affairs Updates
Daily current affairs are being published by ExamPariksha.com covering relevant fact based daily important news. To include all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section.
☀ The fasting month of Ramzan has begun across the country from 7th June today. The Ruyat-e-Hilal (moon sighting) committee has announced the sighting of moon. Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calender.
☀Election Commission has urged the government to amend the electoral law to empower it to either postpone or countermand elections if evidence emerge of use of money to influence voters. The Commission has asked Law ministry for a new clause ’58 B’ be inserted in the Representation of the People Act to allow adjournment of poll or countermanding of election on the ground of bribery.
- At present, the EC has powers to cancel or postpone polls if they have been vitiated due to use of money to get votes.
- But EC wants the government to amend the Representation of the People Act to make use of money power a ground to cancel or countermand polls.
☀ Former Union minister and five-time MP from Mumbai North-East, Gurudas Kamat has announced retirement from politics.
☀The bitter contest over the Intellectual Property Rights to the ‘rasagulla’ has moved into a new phase with Odisha citing ‘literary evidence’ to buttress its claim over West Bengal. Odisha’s demand for a Geographical Indication for rasgulla , the famous cottage cheese balls in sugary gravy is boosted by Odia litterateurs saying that the mention of rasgulla sweet is found in many works well before 1868.
- Background: A bitter-war over the origins of the Rasgulla is ongoing since last year between Odisha and West Bengal. Odisha has staked claim to have ‘invented’ years ago, the sweet associating it with a centuries old ritual of Lord Jagannath. West Bengal always thought of rasagolla as its own.
☀ Indian intelligence agencies have found a new app called “Calculator” which is used by terrorists on their smartphones. It helps them remain in touch with their handlers in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) without being detected by the Army’s technical surveillance. The technology is based on the concept of ‘cognitive digital radio’ which enables them to turn their smartphones into peer-to-peer, off-grid communication tools.
- What is Cognitive radio (CR)? It is a form of wireless communication in which a transceiver can detect which communication channels are in use and which are not, and instantly move into vacant channels while avoiding occupied ones. This optimizes the use of available radio-frequency (RF) spectrum while minimizing interference to other users.
☀ IIT Madras researchers have found that silver can slowly dissolve in water if heated to about 70 degree C in the presence of glucose. While silver is a noble metal. This study is helpful in studying the effect of metals in food and how toxic metals get into our food chain from soil, water and fertilizers. Silver foils are used to decorate sweets and often such foils are eaten along with the sweets.
International News Important Current Affairs Updates – 7 June 2016
The following exampariksha listing of international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC, SSC CGL 2016 and State PSCs.
☀ India and Qatar have signed 7 agreements to boost cooperation and bilateral investments during the recent visit of PM Modi to Qatar. The MoUs signed are:
- Qatar will invest in India’s National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF), set up for enhancing infrastructure financing in India.
- MoU on cooperation in skill development and recognition of qualifications, between India’s Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, and Qatar’s National Qualifications Authority/Supreme Educational Council.
- MoU for Cooperation in tourism between the two countries.
- MoU on cooperation between India and Qatar in the field of health.
- MoU between Finance Intelligence Unit-India (FIU-IND) and the Qatar Financial Information Unit (QFIU).
- MoU on cooperation and mutual assistance in customs matters.
- MoU in the field of youth and sports between the two countries.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Updates – 7 June 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy. We hope this collection on exampariksha.com helps you in increasing your financial awareness.
☀ The government has asked Cabinet Secretary to head the search-cum-selection panel for the appointment of Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank. However, RBI has opposed the government’s move to have Cabinet Secretary P.K. Sinha as the head and has communicated its reservations. Previously, the interview panel for the appointment of deputy governors had always been headed by the RBI Governor.
7 June 2016 – Todays Current Affairs Updates Sports News
The following important todays current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view.
☀Delhi High Court has dismissed the petition of two-time Olympic medallist wrestler, Sushil Kumar seeking selection trials for representation in the 74 Kg freestyle category at the Rio Olympics.
☀ Indian tennis star Rohan Bopanna has officially returned to top-10 in the ATP ranking doubles chart, hence, securing a direct entry into the men’s doubles event of the Rio Olympic Games.
☀ In a historic step, the Sports Ministry has stopped the practice of sending youth delegation headed by ministers and bureaucrats for participation in sports functions in foreign countries. Now such youth delegation will be led by youth icons and the Minister or Union Secretary will not lead the delegation.
☀ Noted American scholar Dr. Eleanor Zelliot, who wrote extensively on the Ambedkarite-Buddhist movement in India, has passed away in Minnesota, U.S at age of 89 years. Her book Ambedkar’s World: The Making of Babasaheb and the Dalit Movement traces the workings of a caste society and the emergence of the Dalit movement in Maharashtra.
P.S. Usually examiners ask GA or current day to day GK questions in personal interviews and exams focusing on recent events to check how informed you are. We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important current events. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.