National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 1 January 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs daily to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA GK questions in personal interviews focussing on recent events to check how informed you are, is an attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios also.
- Delhi has taken its first major step to curb pollution levels with its ‘odd-even’ vehicle rationing policy. Pollution levels in Delhi as per some studies is among the worst in world’s leading cities is expected to be lowered as lakhs of vehicles are expected to stay off roads for next 15 days.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone of ambitious Delhi-Meerut Expressway project. This project is aimed at easing traffic congestion in Delhi.
- The Union Railways Minister, Suresh Prabhu has dedicated a 26-Mega Watt windmill plant in Jaisalmer towards power procurement for the railways.
- Union Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences Dr Harsh Vardhan has unveiled the National Biotechnology Development Strategy 2015-2020 in New Delhi which aims to establish India as a world-class bio-manufacturing hub.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the construction of 69 bridges including approach roads on the Tamu-Kyigone-Kalewa (TKK) road section of the trilateral highway in Myanmar at a cost of Rs. 371.58 crore.
- The Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa has been elected as the General Secretary of the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) for the 7th time.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 31 December 2015
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- Pakistani singer Adnan Sami has been granted Indian citizenship by naturalisation with effect from January 1 following his request to the Centre to legalise his status in the country on humanitarian grounds.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Update – 1 January 2016
- Iran’s leading banks will soon open branches in India for energising commercial ties between New Delhi and Tehran. India has decided to allow the Pasargan Bank and Parsian Bank of Iran to set up branches in New Delhi and Mumbai.
- The government has given its approval for signing an MoU for conservation of migratory birds of prey in Africa and Eurasia. This MOU will help India gain knowledge in effectively managing the habitats of these raptors. India is set to become the 54th signatory to the MoU.
- In a boost for Mumbai, the Centre has cleared the final notification for building the 33.2 kilometre Coastal road in Mumbai from Nariman Point to Kandivali. It is a Rs 12,000 crore project. Once completed, it would be one of a kind road in the country as it will be on par with roads in San Diego and Sydney.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Jordan in October for promoting cooperation in the field of Information Technology and Electronics.
Sports News Daily Current Affairs Update – 1 January 2016
- World chess champion Magnus Carlsen of Norway has won the Qatar Masters Open chess tournament.
- India beats Maldives to enter the final of South Asian Football Federation Cup.
- The BCCI Cricketer of the Year Award 2015 goes to Indian test team captain Virat Kohli.
- Sweden’s Bjorn Isberg has been named the Tournament director of the 4th edition of the Hockey India League (HIL).
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.