Daily Current Affairs 2016 are listed here in a sincere attempt to cover all important topics for staying updated from today’s current affairs 2016.
10 May 2016- National News Daily Current Affairs Updates
Daily current affairs are being published by ExamPariksha.com covering relevant fact based daily important news. To include all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section.
>> An alert has been sounded across Karnataka, after the outbreak of bird flu(H5N1) in a poultry farm in Bidar. Poultry farm owners have been instructed to take precautionary measures to prevent infection of chicken with H5N1 virus.
- About Bird flu: Also known as Avian influenza (AI), is an infectious viral disease of birds often causing no apparent signs of illness.
- Effects on Humans: The majority of human cases of A(H5N1) and A(H7N9) infection have been associated with direct or indirect contact with infected live or dead poultry. Initial symptoms include high fever, usually with a temperature higher than 38°C, and other influenza-like symptoms (cough or sore throat).
- Actions by Government Machinery: The entire infected poultry population and its eggs, feed, litter and other infected material will be stamped out within a radius of one km. Restrictions on the movement of poultry will be imposed.
>> The Law Ministry has proposed to amend the Divorce Act, 1869 to reduce the waiting period for Christians who have already decided to divorce by half — from two years to one year. The present law mandates Christian couples to live separately for two years before they can apply for dissolution of marriage, known as judicial separation. The SC had recently said that judicial separation does not makes any sense in modern world.
- Significance of the proposed amendment: This would end the disparity between the Christian divorce law and other personal laws, all of which mandate only a year’s judicial separation.
>> The SMS-based Vehicle Monitoring System of Nagaland Police has won the National Award for Smart Policing instituted by Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FICCI). This award is presented for the Best Practice in the category of Road Safety and Traffic Management.
- The SMS-based Vehicle Monitoring System, launched in April last year, has resulted in substantial reduction in theft of four-wheelers across the state. It provides an easy platform for policemen and citizens to report vehicle theft and alert the various field formations of police across the state by sending a SMS.
>> The Chief of the Army Staff, General Dalbir Singh, has ordered a high-level study to determine and recommend measures to improve its tooth-to-tail ratio. It is an attempt to make the world’s third largest standing Army more leaner and meaner fighting force.
- What is tooth-to-tail ratio? It is referred to as T3R in the Army, is the ratio of fighting arms, which wage the actual battle such as infantry and armoured wings, to support services, such as logistics, signals and ordnance.
>> Gujarat Government has issued a government resolution (GR) giving minority status to the Jain community, aimed at benefitting the poor among the Jain community. Jain institutions will get special status like Christian and Muslim institutions. Religious education on Jainism can now be taught in Jain institutes which will also be free from government interference. NOTE THAT: The UPA government granted minority status to Jains in June 2014 at the national level two years ago.
>> The Supreme Court has ruled that state governments and minority institutions are not allowed to hold separate entrance exams for MBBS and BDS courses for academic year 2016-17. It said, only the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) provides for conducting such a test. The court also said that all eligible candidates who could not appear in NEET-I on May 1, and those who had appeared but have apprehension that they had not prepared well, be permitted to appear in NEET-II on July 24th. However, they will have to give up their candidature for NEET-I.
International News Important Current Affairs Updates – 10 May 2016
The following exampariksha listing of international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC, SSC CGL 2016 and State PSCs.
>> The European Space Agency has announced that the second Exomars mission will be launched in 2020. Exomars is the mars mission launched jointly by Russia and Europe. The successful implementation of both missions will allow Europe and Russia to jointly explore and validate cutting-edge technology for Mars entry.
>> Scientists have discovered a “bizarre” fossil of the animal. Its head was poorly preserved, but it seemed to have a flamingo-like beak. It is also thought to be the earliest known example of a plant-eating marine reptile. The fossil resembled a crocodile-sized ’hammerhead’ creature, that lived 242 million years ago in southern China.
>> The United States has stepped up efforts to stop the Islamic State terror group’s trade in looted antiquities as President Barack Obama has signed into law new import restrictions on Syrian cultural artifacts.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Updates – 10 May 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy. We hope this collection on exampariksha.com helps you in increasing your financial awareness.
>> The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), the policy- making body of the IT department, has declared August 31 as deadline for the taxpayers whose ITRs for six assessment years between 2009-10 and 2014-15 are pending for processing and issuance of refunds due to issues of non-filing of ITR-V acknowledgement form at its Bengaluru-based collection centre. The department, in order to make the ITR filing system paperless and hassle-free, had introduced the e-validation of ITRs by using the Aadhaar and bank account numbers last year.
P.S. Usually examiners ask GA or current day to day GK questions in personal interviews and exams focusing on recent events to check how informed you are. We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important current events. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.