National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 12 January 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs daily to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA GK questions in personal interviews focussing on recent events to check how informed you are, is an attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios also.
- Former Gujarat cadre IAS officer Devender Kumar Sikri has taken oath as the Chairman of Competition Commission of India (CCI). He becomes the third chairman of country’s fair trade regulator. He succeeds Ashok Chawla, who superannuated on January 7.
- The government plans to reach up to 50 crore internet subscribers in next 6-7 months, besides installing 2,500 Wi-Fi hotspots at 256 places by the next fiscal, Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has said this.
- The Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) has successfully test fired the new Penetration-Cum Blast (PCB) and Thermobaric (TB) Ammunition tank at Chandipur, Odisha. This has been specially designed for Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT).
- Veteran poet Balkrishna Garg has been honoured with the second edition of Harikrishna Devsare Baalsahitya Award 2015 for his collection of poems for children titled ‘Baal Geet’. Apart from him, Yogendra Kumar and Hem Bhatnagar were also felicitated for their contributions to childrens literature.
- Additional Secretary of Home Affairs, Sailesh has also been appointed as the Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 12 January 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- Nepal has been elected to the Unicef executive board, representing the group of Asia-Pacific countries for the term from 2016-2018. Nepal’s ambassador and permanent representative to the UN Durga Prasad Bhattarai, has also been unanimously elected as vice-president to the bureau of the executive board.
- In the 73rd Golden Globe Awards, Famous Titanic actor Leonardo Di Caprio has recieved the Best Actor award for his performance in ‘The Revenant’. The Revenant also took two honours in the Best Movie and Best Director categories. While Brie Larson has won the Best Actress award for the, Room.
- Syrian Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Affairs Minister Walid Al Moualem, is on a four-day visit to India. During this visit, he is set to hold talks with External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and other leaders to seek India’s support for President Bashar al-Assad ahead of peace talks in Geneva.
- This visit assumes importance in view of fresh initiatives taken by the UN to bring about peace in war-torn Syria, where more than 300,000 people have been killed in the past four years and seven million have fled to other countries as refugees.
- A 11-year-old Indian-origin girl Kashmea Wahi, has achieved the top possible score of 162 on a IQ test of Mensa, thereby becoming one of the youngest brainiest students in the country. She achieved the top score of 162 out of 162, putting her in the league of scientists Albert Einstein and Steven Hawking and in the top 1 per cent of the country’s brightest.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Update – 12 January 2016
- Indian e-commerce firm Flipkart has appointed Binny Bansal as the Chief Executive Officer and Sachin Bansal as the Executive Chairman.
- Srinivas Murthy, senior vice president of marketing at e-commerce major Snapdeal, has resigned to start his own venture. This is the second major exit at Snapdeal after its Head of Strategy Ranjan Kant quit to join online apparel retailer Jabong as its chief marketplace officer.
- Homegrown smartphone vendor Micromax has appointed Vikas Thapar as its new senior Vice President for finance recently.
- Noted Hindi writer and journalist Ravindra Kalia has passed away at age of 78 years. He was known for his works like Ghalib Chutti Sharab and Nau Saal Chotti Patni. He had also served as the Director of Bharatiya Jnanpith.
- British Singer David Bowie, one of the most influential musicians of his era, has died of cancer at age of 69 years. The artist’s hits include – Let’s Dance, Changes, Space Oddity, Starman, Modern Love, Heroes, Under Pressure, Rebel Rebel and Life on Mars. He has also been well known for creating his flamboyant alter ego Ziggy Stardust.
- First female Formula One driver, Maria Teresa de Filippis has passed away. She was the first woman to compete in a Formula One grand prix world championship .
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.