National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 15 January 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs daily to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA GK questions in personal interviews focussing on recent events to check how informed you are, is an attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios also.
- Sikkim has become India’s first fully organic state by converting around 75,000 hectares of agricultural land into sustainable cultivation. This agricultural land was gradually converted to certified organic land by implementing organic practices and principles as per guidelines laid down under the National Programme for Organic Production.
- The Union Cabinet has given its approval for India becoming a member country of the International Energy Agency – Ocean Energy Systems (IEA-OES) by signing the Implementing Agreement (IA). The nodal agency will be – National Institute of Ocean Technology (ESSO-NIOT) under the Ministry of Earth Sciences. By becoming a member of the IEA-OES, India will have access to advanced R&D teams and technologies across the world.
- The Neerja Bhanot Pan Am Trust has conferred the Neerja Bhanot award on Bengaluru-based activist Subhashini Vasanth. This is the 24th year of the annual award which comprises Rs 1,50,000, a citation and a trophy.
- Subhashini Vasanth was presented the award for her endeavour to help people in distress and for empowering widows of martyrs and their families across the country.
- Neerja Bhanot was posthumously, honoured as the youngest recipient of India’s highest peacetime military award for bravery, the Ashok Chakra.
- Jharkhand government Cabinet, chaired by Chief Minister Raghubar Das, has decided to set up fast track courts in five districts for speedy trial of cases relating to witchcraft incidents. The setting up of courts will be in Ranchi, Chaibasa, Khunti, Palamau and Simdega districts.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 15 January 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- The World Health Organization has formally announced the end of the Ebola outbreak in Liberia, thereby joining Sierra Leone and Guinea — which are the epicenters of the latest outbreak — as Ebola-free.
- India’s diaspora population is the highest in the world with 16 million people from India living outside their country in 2015, according to a UN survey on international migrant trends. This survey was conducted by the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA). It said the number of international migrants – persons living in a country other than where they were born – has reached 244 million in 2015 for the world as a whole, a 41 per cent increase compared to 2000.
- Former football star and UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador, David Beckham has received the UNICEF USAs Humanitarian Leadership Award. He has been honored with this award in recognition of his charity work and his continued efforts to help disadvantaged children through the organisation and his own offshoot, the Seven Foundation.
- The Union Cabinet has given an ex-post facto approval to a pact between India and Maldives on facilitating greater cooperation between both the nations and also assist the neighbouring country to develop human resources in healthcare.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Update – 15 January 2016
- The State Bank of India has launched Exclusif and SBI InCube at Bengaluru.
- While ‘Exclusif’ is a wealth management offering which is targeted at the fast-growing affluent segment in the country.
- ‘SBI InCube‘ is a dedicated branch for start-ups, which will offer advisory services to the budding entrepreneurs under one roof.
- ICICI Bank has launched two new initiatives – Express Home Loans, a fully online home loan approval in 8 working hours, and a mobile app for part disbursement of home loans for under construction projects — in order to commemorate the milestone of crossing Rs 1 lakh crore in mortgage loans.
- Union Shipping Minister Nitin Gadkari has inaugurated Mumbai Port Trust’s second liquid chemical berth at Pir Pau, Mumbai. Now the cargo handling capacity of the Port will be increased by 2.5 MMT (Million Metric Tonnes) per annum.
Sports News Daily Current Affairs Update – 15 January 2016
- Brazilian Football Legend, Ronaldinho has been named as the ambassador of the Nagjee International Club Football tournament which is to be played in Kozhikode, Kerala
- Jerome Valcke has been dismissed as secretary general of FIFA. The former right-hand man to Sepp Blatter, the Fifa president banned for eight years, has been accused of aiding a scheme to sell 2014 World Cup tickets on the black market.
- Television actor Rajesh Vivek, known for his work in films such as Lagaan and Swades, has died of a heart attack in Hyderabad at age of 66 years.
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.