ExamPariksha publishes daily current affairs brief for pdf download, covering national, international, economics, sports sections for UPSC, SSC, CDS, PSC exams.
National Daily Current Affairs Capsule – 17 January 2017
☀ The Election Commission has issued notice for violation of the Model Code of Conduct, to AAP convenor and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for his remarks in Goa asking people to accept money for votes.
- Note that: While addressing a public rally in Goa on the 8th Jan, he had asked the people to accept money offered by the Congress and the BJP but vote for the AAP.
☀ Election Commission has recognised Akhilesh Yadav‘s faction as the Samajwadi Party and permitted it to use the name of the party and its symbol ‘Bicycle’. The Akhilesh group enjoys support of overwhelming majority, both among the legislative and the organizational wing of the party. The Commission has rejected party patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav’s claim over the party and its symbol.
☀ The Centre will host the mega-cultural event ‘Bharat Parv‘ from January the 26 at Red Fort as part of Republic Day celebrations.
☀ The annual Amarnath yatra in Jammu and Kashmir, will commence on 29 June and it will conclude on 7th August. This year’s yatra will be of 40 days duration, shorter by 8 days, compared to last year.
☀ Ministry of Women and Child Development will form a National Alliance against Online Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation to develop a comprehensive outreach system. It is also working on a mechanism to lock websites containing child pornographic materials and is also developing standard operating procedures to curb abusive material.
☀ A three-day Gunotsav– an exercise of assessing over 34 thousand schools has begun in Gujarat, as Chief Minister Vijay Rupani launched the 7th edition of Gunotsav from Chotila in Surendranagar. This drive is aimed at assessing the quality of education imparted to students of Class 1 to 8 of the government-run primary as well as grant-in-aid schools across the state.
- Note that: Gunotsav’ is the brainchild of Narendra Modi, who started the exercise in 2009 during his tenure as the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
☀ The Centre and the states have reached a broad consensus over the contentious issue of division of administrative control over tax assessees at the 9th meeting of GST Council. Though now GST will be rolled out with a three-month delay.
- 90 per cent of tax assessees below the annual turnover threshold of Rs 1.5 crore will be under the control of states.
- The remaining 10 per cent will be under the Centre’s jurisdiction.
- For a turnover of Rs 1.5 crore and higher, there will be equal division of assessees between the states and the Centre.
International News Current Affairs Updates – 17 January 2017
☀ The Joint Agency Coordination Center in Australia said that after nearly 3 years, the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 has ended in futility.The crews have completed their deep-sea search of a desolate stretch of the Indian Ocean (120,000-square kilometer search zone west of Australia) without finding a single trace of the plane. The world’s greatest aviation mystery may never be solved.
☀ China has handed over two ships Hingol and Basol, to Pakistan to safeguard the strategic Gwadar port and the trade routes under the ambitious China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
☀The 47th edition of the yearly World Economic Forum‘s Annual Meeting has begun in Davos with a call for governments to be responsive and responsible. There will be discussions on the global economy and the need for a responsive and responsible leadership.
- WEF Founder Klaus Schwab.
- Indian Delegation: Union Ministers Nitin Gadkari and Nirmala Sitharaman. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu is also leading a big team from his state.
Economics Today’s Current Affairs Download – 17 January 2017
☀ According to the IMF World Economic Outlook (WEO) update, after demonetization move IMF now expects India to record a growth of 6.6 percent for the current year, and 7.2 percent next year. Earlier, IMF had projected 7.6 percent this year and next year.
☀ According to a study by rights group Oxfam, showcasing signs of rising income inequality, India’s richest 1 per cent now hold a huge 58 per cent of the country’s total wealth — which is even higher than the global figure of about 50 per cent.
- The report titled ‘An economy for the 99 per cent’, Oxfam said it is time to build a human economy that benefits everyone, not just the privileged few.
- Just 57 billionaires in India now have same wealth ($ 216 billion) as that of the bottom 70% population of the country.
- The richest 1% has owned more wealth than the rest of the planet.
- Globally, just 8 billionaires have the same amount of wealth as the poorest 50% of the world population.
- Referring to the Global Wage Report 2016-17 of the International Labour Organisation (ILO), India suffers from huge gender pay gap and has among the worst levels of gender wage disparity (men earning more than women in similar jobs) gap exceeding 30%.
17 January 2017 – Sports Current Affairs Download
☀ New Zealand defeated Bangladesh in their first cricket Test by seven wickets in Wellington.
☀ Indian Cricket Team has won with three-wickets over England in the first One Day International (ODI) of the 3-match series held at Pune. England had posted a huge 350 runs for 7, which is their highest ODI score against India.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important news. These are also for those looking for daily current affairs download. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.