National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 2 January 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs daily to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA GK questions in personal interviews focussing on recent events to check how informed you are, is an attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios also.
- The decision to abolish interviews for Class-III and IV government jobs has come into effect from 1st January 2016. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has described it as a New Year Gift.
- The ambitious Odd-Even car scheme of Delhi government, a first such intervention in the country to combat spiralling air pollution, has got off to a decent start . Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has implemented this scheme to clean the Capital’s toxic air. Undet this scheme, only odd-numbered private cars will be allowed on the road on odd dates and even-numbered on even days. Where the Violators face a fine of Rs 2,000.
- The Uttar Pradesh Government has appointed Javed Ahmed as the new Director General of Police (DGP). He will retire in 2020 .
- Senior IAS officer Ashok Khemka who was instrumental in cancelling land mutation involving Robert Vadra has been promoted to the post of Principal Secretary from secretary to the government of Haryana.
- Madhu S. Nair has assumed the charge as Chairman and Managing Director of Cochin Shipyard. He took over the charge from Commodore K Subramaniam.
- The Parliament canteen will now work on No -profit, No-loss basis from this new year. The hike will apply to MPs, officials of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha, media persons, security personnel as well as the visitors. Note that: The cheapest charges of meals in Parliament canteen have been a matter of dialogue in the media from time to time. Therefore, Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan had directed the Parliament’s Food Committee to look into the matter which took this decision.
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry has launched nationwide LPG emergency helpline number 1906 for leakage complaints. It will work 24×7 and it is common for all the three LPG marketing companies.
- To put an end to recent controversies surrounding the Censor Board, the Centre has set up a Committee headed by – Shyam Benegal (noted film-maker) to work out a revamp plan and submit its report within two months. The other members of the Committee are Hindi film director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, Piyush Pandey, film critic Bhawana Somaaya, Nina Lath Gupta.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 31 December 2015
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- (1st January 2016) is celebrated as the 49th World Day of Peace, first observed on 1 January 1968.
- The Theme of World Day of Peace 2016 : Overcome indifference and win peace
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed an updated National Security Paper describing Nato’s expansion as a threat to the security of the country.
- Indian Origin Cancer expert Harpal Singh Kumar has received a knighthood by Queen Elizabeth II of England for his “influential” work on prevention and treatment of cancer.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Update – 2 January 2016
- The Union Minister for Power Piyush Goyal has agreed to the request of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu to support the Rs.7,500-crore scheme of replacing 15 lakh agricultural pump sets free of cost with five-star rated, energy efficient pump sets in the State.
- The World Bank has agreeded to give a loan of USD 50 million for Nai Manzil Education and Skills Training for minorities. The financing agreement for International Development Association (IDA) credit was signed between the Finance Ministry and the World Bank.
- The Drug Authentication and Verification Application (DAVA) project of The Department of Commerce has won the 2015 eASIA Award under Trade Facilitation category.
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.