National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 21 April 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs daily to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA GK questions in personal interviews focussing on recent events to check how informed you are, is an attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios also.
- 2nd International Yoga Day is set to be organized in Chandigarh on 21st June. The Minister of Ayush, Shripad Yesso Naik inaugurated a 3 day International Yoga Fest in Talkatora Indoor Stadium, New Delhi.
- Government has extended Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme to 61 more districts with low Child Sex Ratio across the states.
- Victoria carriages, the horse-drawn vehicles, popular in Mumbai’s Gateway of India will be phased out in June following the Bombay High Court’s ruling in 2015 to ban horse carriages. The state government will provide rehabilitation for riders, horses and owners to compensate for their loss of livelihood. Apart from cruelty against animals, the ban aims to ease traffic.
- President Pranab Mukherjee has honoured the Chinese professor Ge Fuping with the George Grierson prize for his remarkable works done for the propagation of Hindi abroad. Besides him, Alka Dunputh (from Mauritius) and Shichiro Soma (from Japan) were also given the George Grierson award by the President. About George Grierson Awards : These awards were instituted by Central Hindi Institute, Agra in 1989.
- The Union government has merged the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abhiyan (RGKA) with the Khelo India scheme which is based on Gujarat’s Khel Mahakumbh. RGKA, aimed at building sports complexes across India, had been started in 2014 by the UPA government. “
- The Indian Navy has announced that women officers completing seven years with the Navy will be eligible for permanent commission in the law, education and naval constructors branches. The Navy has been the only wing of the armed forces which has hitherto denied women permanent commission, that is a career in the armed forces until one retires.
- The Union government has allotted Rs. 800 crore to clean up Bengaluru’s polluted lakes.
- Cabinet has given its approval for signing the Paris Agreement adopted at the 21st Conference of Parties (CoP) held in Paris in December 2015. Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar is set to sign the agreement on behalf of India this Friday at a ceremony convened by Secretary-General of the United Nations, Ban Ki-moon.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 21 April 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- India has jumped three places to rank 133 out of 180 countries in the World Press Freedom Index 2016, released by ‘Reporters Without Borders’. While Finland has ranked first for the 6th consecutive year, followed by Netherlands and Norway.
- Pakistan’s Minister of State for Education Muhammad Baligh ur Rahman has announced that the government is working to make teaching of Quran compulsory in public schools. The Minister said primary school students will be taught reading the Quran while secondary students will be taught the translation of Quran.
- A Trilateral Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed in Science and Technology among Sri Lanka, Japan and India.
- India and Mauritius have inked an MoU to promote cooperation in traditional medicine and homeopathy. The MoU has been inked recently when AYUSH Minister Sripad Yesso Naik has been visiting Mauritius.
- International Defence Expo opened in Malaysia. Over 1,000 defence industries players, including big names like Airbus and BAE Systems, are participating in this Expo. A total of 29 countries participate in the exhibition in the form of group pavilion, including Australian, China, Britain and the US.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Update – 21 April 2016
- Argentina has returned to international markets after 15 years with a $16.5 billion dollar bond sale, after it had defaulted on $100 billion worth US dollar debt in 2001.
- State-owned Punjab National Bank (PNB) has become the largest mobiliser under the government’s Gold Monetisation Scheme (GMS) launched in November last year. Note : The bank has gained substantial gold deposits after the Tirupati temple deposited 1,311 kg of gold with it. The GMS allows banks to collect gold as deposits and offer interest on it.
Sports News Daily Current Affairs Update – 21 April 2016
- India’s Durga Thakur has been promoted to international outdoor Umpire by the International Hockey Federation (FIH) following her good performance at the recently-held Hawke’s Bay Cup held in Hastings, New Zealand.
- England’s snooker great Steve Davis has announced his retirement from the game after 38-year career. Starting his snooker career in 1978, he went on to win six world titles in 1980s and has been world number one from 1983 to 1990.
- Brazil-born former Costa Rican midfielder Alexandre Guimaraes will coach Mumbai City FC in next season’s Indian Super League.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has announced Rahul Johri as its first-ever Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Note that: A CEO appointment has been among the key recommendations of the three-member Justice RM Lodha Committee, appointed by the Supreme Court to suggest administrative reforms in Indian cricket.
- Chile’s former President Patricio Aylwin has passed away at the age of 97 years.
- Bill Campbell, a legendary mentor to some of Silicon Valley’s most important entrepreneurs and executives including Steve Jobs and Larry Page, has died at age 75. Campbell served as president, chief executive and chairman of financial software maker Intuit Inc., but became far better known for advising tech leaders, which earned him the nickname, “The Coach.”
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.