National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 21 January 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs daily to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA GK questions in personal interviews focussing on recent events to check how informed you are, is an attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios also.
- The Union Cabinet has approved a new power tariff policy which will promote clean energy and enable better regulations for power distribution companies. It will also support the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan under which power plants will use processed municipal waste water available in their area.
- The Supreme Court has issued an order stating that the husband will not have any right on the property of his wife if she dies under suspicious circumstances within seven years of marriage. In such cases, the woman’s children will be entitled to her property and if she did not have any offsprings, her parents will own the assets.
- Andhra Pradesh Government has reconstituted the Commission for Backward Classes with immediate effect. AP Commission for Backward Classes (APCBC) will be a two member commission with Justice KL Manjunath, (Retd.) as its chairman and Member Secretary, APCBC as the other member.
- Taking yet another step to put India in the company of select nations which have their own navigation systems, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully placed in orbit IRNSS-1E, the fifth of the seven satellites that would form a constellation of navigation satellite network. PSLV-C31 (Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle) carrying 1,425kg IRNSS-1E (Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System) was PSLV’s 33rd flight.
- In order to safeguard the interests of the financially distressed farmers and reduce their debt burden, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has given permission to introduce the ‘Punjab Relief of Agriculture Indebtedness Bill’ in the state assembly.
- The Union Government has sanctioned Rs. 33000 crore for the development of infrastructure projects in Tamilnadu.
- Bihar government under the state cabinet presided over by chief minister Nitish Kumar has announced a 35% reservation to women in government jobs in the state at all levels.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 21 December 2015
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- India has slipped from 78th to 89th rank on an annual Global Talent Competitiveness Index (GTC). This list has been topped by Switzerland. Note: This index measures the quality of talent a country can produce, attract and retain.
- India will hold exercise Force Eighteen, one of the largest multi-national military exercises from March 2 to 8 in Pune as a part of its Look East policy. Over 18 Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) members will participate in the Field Training Exercise (FTX).
- Hari Nef, the 23-year-old transgender actor and model has became the first transgender model to be signed by top modelling agency. Gucci has became the first major European fashion house to feature a transgender model in the Milan Fashion Week.
- According to data from the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the year 2015 was the Earth’s warmest year in terms of average temperature in past 136 years.
- In the list for the 25 worst internet passwords of 2015 by software security firm SplashData, ‘123456‘ retained its top position for the third consecutive year. While ‘Password’ has ranked second on the list.
- The Nepal government has approved the construction plan for the country’s second international airport at Nijgadh in the Bara district. Note: The country has only the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, approximately 7-hours away by road from the industrial area of Terai plains, where only smaller jets can land.
- Pakistan has successfully test-fired the Ra’ad air-launched cruise missile which has a range of 350 km.
- India and the UK have agreed to strengthen the economic cooperation in various sectors including infrastructure financing, addressing issues of cross-border tax evasion and avoidance.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Update – 21 January 2016
- Private sector lender ICICI Bank has announced that it has ventured into South Africa by opening a full service branch in Johannesburg.
- Online payment startup Mobikwik has announced a tie-up with the Delhi Jal Board which will facilitate people in Delhi to pay water bills using their mobiles. Note : Mobikwik had also partnered with IRCTC recently.
- India’s Industrialist Mukesh Ambani, Azim Premji, Dilip Shanghvi and Hinduja Brothers are among the world’s 62 richest individuals list was published by Oxfam (Oxford Committee for Famine Relief). This list was topped by Bill Gates.
- Microsoft has announced the acquisition of a modified third-party version of the building-block game Minecraft, called MinecraftEdu, which is designed for classrooms. Note : Created in 2010, MinecraftEdu is currently used by over 7,000 classrooms in over 40 countries.
Sports News Daily Current Affairs Update – 21 January 2016
- Sahara Force India Academy racer Jehan Daruvala has won one of New Zealand’s most prestigious events, the Lady Wigram Trophy. It was Daruvala’s maiden victory in Formula cars since making the switch from karting in 2015.
- A 24-year-old referee from Dindigul (Tamil Nadu), Rupa Devi has qualified to officiate international football matches conducted by FIFA.
- Australia beats India by 25 runs in the fourth ODI held in Canberra to take a 4-0 lead in the five-match series.
- Senior journalist and scholar Aroon Tikekar, who has authored over 20 books, passed away. He was the reference chief of the Times of India and a senior assistant editor for Maharashtra Times.
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.