National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 25 April 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based daily Current Affairs to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA or current GK questions in personal interviews and exams focussing on recent events to check how informed you are. Here is a sincere attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios.
- Lieutenant Colonel Niranjan, martyred in the counter-terror operations during the Pathankot attack, has been recommended for military gallantry award ‘Shaurya Chakra‘. And expert assault dog Rocket has been recommended for the ‘Sena medal’.
- The conference of Chief Ministers and Chief Justices of High Courts has adopted resolution to appoint retired judicial officers as ad hoc judges to reduce the pendency of cases. Chief Justice of India TS Thakur said that Article 224A of the Constitution will be invoked to accomplish this.
- Eminent Odiya artists Prafulla Kar, Aloka Kanungo and Sadasiv Pradhan have been selected for the prestigious Kendra Sangeet Natak Akademi Samman from state of Odisha.
- Delhi-based researcher, Sudha Gopalakrishnan has launched a free open online Indian culture encyclopedia called Sahapedia. This website is supported by TCS, and features 5,000 pages on topics like heritage monuments, dance forms, poetry, philosophy, film and theatre, religious festivals and wildlife parks. “Saha”, Sanskrit for “together with”, is an invitation to explore the richness of our cultural landscapes.
- Bottled water brand ‘Bisleri‘ has been registered in the Guinness World Record as well as a record in the Limca Book of Records for collecting 1.1 million bottles, the maximum number of plastic bottles collected for recycling. Note that: This initiative is in collaboration with 150 schools in Mumbai to contribute towards the ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’.
- National Panchayati Raj Day (National Local Self-Government day) was celebrated across the country on 24th April, where PM Modi addressed Gram Sabhas all over the country. The Ministry of Panchayati Raj has been celebrating the National Panchayati Raj Day (NPRD) on 24 April since 2010, as on this day, the 73rd Constitutional Amendment came into force in 1993.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 25 April 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- Nepal has observed the first anniversary of the 7.8 magnitude devastating earthquake that claimed the lives of around 9,000 people last year.
- US Air Force (USAF) has invited the Indian Air Force to take part in the Air Exercise, “Ex-Red Flag-16-1” which is scheduled from 28th April 2016 to 13th May 2016 at Alaska. Note that: The Exercise Red Flag is a multinational air exercise, originally conceived in 1975 by USAF to provide operational exposure and mutual exchange of Op capability of friendly Air Forces.
- The European Organization for Nuclear Research, known as CERN, has released 300 TB of data of its Large Hadron Collider (LHC) – world’s largest and most powerful particle collider. CERN is also providing a Linux-based virtual machine to access the datasets and tools to simplify the data.
- India and France have launched a $1 trillion potential Solar Programme under the International Solar Alliance (ISA). It is a solar Finance Programme which aims at helping developing countries to fully harness their solar resources for a clean energy future.
- A huge 9,300 sq km coral reef system has been found below the muddy waters off the mouth of the river Amazon. The nearly 966 kilometer long reef ranges from about 30-120 m deep.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Updates – 25 April 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams.
- The Labour Ministry has asked the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to form a panel headed by a former Deputy Governor of the central bank to look into a proposal of creating a Workers’ Bank using Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF).
- Note that: A Workers’ Bank aims to improve the earnings of Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) by investing its corpus (presently Rs.6.34 lakh crore) in various instruments.
- This idea is modelled on similar experiences in countries like Canada, Netherland, Switzerland and South Africa where a collective pension fund system invests worker’s savings in equities of domestic and global markets.
- China‘s proportion of global exports has seen a rise to 13.8% in 2015 from previous 12.3% in 2014. This is the highest share by a country since the US’s quota in 1968.
- The Centre Government has decided to junk its plan to set up a National Industrial Corridor Authority (NICA) which was announced in the Modi Government’s Maiden budget in 2014. It was proposed to be a nodal body overseeing work relating to all national ‘industrial corridors’, in the face of hurdles in implementation in states. But failure to get a statutory status has prompted this move. To fill the gap, the government has decided to make the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation (DMICDC) the coordinating body for corridors.
Sports News Daily Current Affairs Updates – 25 April 2016
- Indian wrestler, Sandeep Tomar has qualified for the 2016 Rio Olympics in the men’s 57 kg freestyle wrestling category. He has become the fourth Indian wrestler to qualify for the Olympics. Other are:
- Hardeep Singh in 49 kg Greco-Roman,
- Yogeshwar Dutt in 65 kg freestyle,
- Narsingh Pancham Yadav in 74 kg freestyle
- A street in Switzerland has been named after tennis star Roger Federer, which leads to the national centre for Swiss Tennis where Federer trained as a junior.
- British astronaut Tim Peake ran the 36th London Marathon from Space. He ran the distance of the marathon (about 42 kilometers) on a treadmill aboard the International Space Station (ISS) and wore a harness to counteract weightlessness.
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.