National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 25 January 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs daily to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA GK questions in personal interviews focussing on recent events to check how informed you are, is an attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios also.
- India’s National Anthem ‘Jana Gana Mana‘ had been adopted as the national anthem of India on this day (January 24) in the year 1950, by the Constituent Assembly. It is written and composed by Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore. The official duration of Jana Gana Man is 52 seconds.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi haspresented the National Awards for Bravery, 2015 in New Delhi. This year 25 children, including 3 girls and 22 boy, have been selected for the Awards.
- On this day in 1950, Dr Rajendra Prasad was unanimously elected as the first President of the Republic of India, by the Constituent Assembly. Note : Prasad has been the only one to have held the office of twice.
- The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) has blocked 94 websites in the state that radicalise people online and propagate the agenda of terrorist outfit Islamic State. This has been done under counter terrorism efforts.
- 24th January is observed as 9th National Girl Child Day. It raises the awareness among people all over the country about the importance of girl’s promotion.
- Amit Shah has been re-elected as the BJP President for the 2nd term consequently.
- The Election Commission of India will celebrate the 6th National Voters’ Day across the country from 25th January. The Theme for the year 2016 : Inclusive and Qualitative Participation.
- The Andhra Pradesh endowments department has decided to introduce a novel scheme, “Bhaktuni Chentaku Bhagvantudu” (God visiting the devotee), from the Telugu new year Ugadi. As part of this programme, the priest of the local temple will visit families to bless them on seven special occasions related to birth and marriage.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 25 January 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- French President François Hollande has arrived in Chandigarh for a 3-day state visit. Hollande has promised to assist India in the development of three smart cities –Chandigarh, Puducherry and Nagpur during the India-France Business summit. He had already declared a $2.25-billion line of credit for the “Smart Cities” project of PM Modi.
- An earthquake of magnitude 7.3 on the Richter Scale has struck southern Alaska early. The earthquake occurred at a depth of 124.8 km.
- The Christian Bale and Ryan Gosling starrer ‘The Big Short‘ has been named as Best Theatrical Motion Picture at the Producers Guild of America Awards 2016. ‘Inside Out’ has won the award for Best Animated Theatrical Motion Picture, while ‘Amy’ has been named Best Documentary. Television series ‘Game of Thrones’ has won the Best Episodic Television (Drama) Award.
- India and Bahrain has signed an agreement on the transfer of convicted persons and vowed to enhance bilateral relations in areas like counter-terrorism, and trade and commerce. According to the agreement, the convict can then serve the sentence in his country of origin.
- Aiming to put an end to the protests by the Madhesi community, Nepal, has passed the first constitutional amendment to its maiden democratic constitution. Three articles of their four-month-old constitution have been amended so quell the Madheshis.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Update – 25 January 2016
- Telecom Secretary Rakesh Garg has announced that the government is likely to hold the next round of spectrum auction in May-June 2016. The last spectrum auction was conducted across 800, 900, 1800 and 2100 MHz frequencies in March 2015 and collected around ₹1.1 lakh crore.
- State-run Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has received a clearance from the Environment Ministry for the ₹53,000 crore project in Andhra Pradesh’s Krishna-Godavari basin. ONGC will dig 45 development wells and other related infrastructure.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced that it will soon introduce new currency notes of denominations 500 and 100 of the Mahatma Gandhi Series 2005 with additional security features. The new security features include — bleed lines, ascending size of numerals in the number panels and enlarged identification mark on the obverse side.
Sports News Daily Current Affairs Update – 25 January 2016
- India’s Ace badminton player, PV Sindhu has won the Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Gold Badminton title 2016.
- India’s cricket opener, Rohit Sharma has rocketed into the top ten of ODI Rankings for batsmen after being named Man-of-the-series for scoring 441 runs against Australia. Overall three Indian batsmen – Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan – have made to the top ten. Note that : Indian team Captain, MS Dhoni has slipped out of the top ten for the first time in seven years by ranking at 13th position.
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.