All Important current affair for today that can be asked by examiners in current GK questions to check how informed you are are listed below. This is a sincere attempt by ExamPariksha team to cover all important topics to help our readers in interviews, exams or for staying up to date about general awareness issues.
National News Important Current Affair Updates – 25 May 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based daily Current Affairs to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section.
☀ The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities will now be known as ‘Divyangjan’ Sashaktikaran Vibhag in Hindi, dropping the word ‘viklangjan’ from its previous nomenclature.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his ‘Mann Ki Baat’ on December 27, last year, had said physically challenged people have a “divine ability” and the term “divyang” should be used in place of “viklang” for them.
- The Centre had changes the name by amending the Government of India (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1961.
- According to an order issued by Cabinet Secretariat, President Pranab Mukherjee has given approval to the new nomenclature.
☀ The University Grants Commission (UGC) has released a new set of regulatory norms for deemed universities in order to reduce subjectivity and government interference and to allow more focus on quality.
- According to the UGC Regulations, 2016, an institution will be eligible to become a deemed university if it has undergraduate and 5 post-graduate programmes with research in existence for 3 years.
- A deemed university should have minimum 40 per cent open space of the total built up area.
- The new regulations would be required to go through the scrutiny of the HRD Ministry after which they would be notified.
☀ Kashmiri writers and poets are agitated over a proposal of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) to introduce Devnagri as alternate script for Kashmiri language. They say it is dangerous and will divide the society. Presently Kashmiri is written in Nastaliq or Perso-Arabic script and has been approved by state legislative assembly six decades ago.
☀ The National Green Tribunal’s (NGT) bench in Kerala has ordered all diesel vehicles older than 10 years in six major cities of the state to be taken off the roads in the next 30 days.
- These six cities are- Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Kochi, Thrissur, Kozhikode and Kannur.
- Also, no new permits for vehicles with more than 2000 cc engine capacity except public transport will be given.
☀ The Centre has set May 31 deadline for the States and Union Territories to withdraw tobacco products from the market whose 85% packaging space is not covered with pictorial warning.
- Note that: The Pictorial Warning Rules under Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products (Prohibition of Advertisement and Regulation of Trade and Commerce, Production, Supply and Distribution) Act – COTPA 2003 has come into force from April 1, 2016.
- It prescribes larger pictorial petitions, covering 85% of the size of the packets of tobacco products, including cigarettes and beedis.
International Important Current Affair Updates – 25 May 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
☀ A US engineer, Frances Arnold, has won the Millennium Technology Prize for pioneering directed evolution.
- The 1 milliom euro prize is awarded biennially.
- It recognises developments that change people’s lives for the better.
- Prof Arnold is the first female winner in its 12-year history.
- Contribution: By driving a sped-up version of natural selection in the lab, she has created new enzymes for industrial catalysts, household detergents, and even to make rocket fuel from sugar.
☀ Microblogging site, Twitter has announced that it was easing its 140-character limit for tweets, allowing users to add links, attachments and some other features within the short messages.
☀ Turkey’s parliament is set to block a deal with the EU on migrants if Turks do not gain visa-free access to the European Union. Access to the EU’s passport free Schengen area was a key demand by Turkey in an agreement struck in March. But the EU says Turkey still needs to meet certain conditions before access can be granted.
Economics Important Current Affairs News Today – 25 May 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy.
☀ The Income Tax department has decided to name and shame’ all category of taxpayers who have a default of one crore rupees and above. The earlier such exercises was restricted to people with huge defaults to the tune of about 20-30 crore rupees. The aim is to inform the public at large about such tax evaders whom the taxman has not been able to lay their hands on despite using various investigative and enforcement tools.
☀ Government has approved the revision in guidelines of the Performance in Credit Rating Scheme. It is aiming to increase its credibility and effectiveness for both borrowers and banks.
☀ The Central government has announced that 13 more cities will be eligible for priority funding under the Smart City mission. Note that: The Smart City mission took off earlier this year with 20 cities announced for funding in the first round of the inter-city competition. The Uttar Pradesh capital Lucknow has got the highest score in second edition.
25 May 2016 – Important Current Affair Updates Sports News
The following important current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view. Questions might appear in upcoming exams:
☀ In a bid to ensure that Olympic medalists get immediate recognition, the Union Sports Ministry has said that medal winners from the upcoming Rio Games will be considered for this year’s Khel Ratna and Arjuna Awards.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important current affair. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.