National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 26 January 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs daily to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA GK questions in personal interviews focussing on recent events to check how informed you are, is an attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios also.
- The 6th National Voters’ Day has been observed on 25th January. The Theme of National Voter’s Day 2016 : Inclusive and Qualitative Participation. Chief Election Commissioner Nasim Zaidi has released the book titled, Belief in the Ballot, and presented the first copy to the President.
- In collaboration with the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, the Gujarat government will set up a 750 MW solar park in the Banaskantha district. This would be the 2nd biggest solar power park in the country with an area of 1,500 hectares, after the Charanka Solar park in Gujarat.
- The Union Government has announcesd the list of Padma awards to 112 personalities. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Rajinikanth, late Dhirubhai Ambani, and Ramoji Rao have been chosen for Padma Vibhushan, Sania Mirza and ace shuttler Saina Nehwal have been selected for Padma Bhushan.
- (25th January) is Himachal Statehood Day. Himachal Pradesh was established as the 18th state of India on January 25, 1971. Earlier it was a part of Punjab province during British rule, and was declared a Union Territory in 1950. Its capital, Shimla, was earlier British India’s summer capital.
- According to SocialCops analysis, India has 10.1 million child workers as of the Census 2011. The 10 districts with highest percentage of working children are in Nagaland (5), Himachal Pradesh (4) and Chattisgarh (1).
- A two-wheeler taxi service, ‘Bikxie Pink‘, for women has been launched in Gurgaon that is completely run by women. Started by a couple Divya Kalia and Mohit Sharma, the service includes a fleet of pink two-wheelers to ferry women between 8 am to 6 pm. This app-only service keeps a pepper spray and disposable shower cap handy for commuters. Pink offers bike-cabs only for women with only women riders chauffeuring them around town.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 26 January 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- China‘s estimated capital outflows for 2015 have reportedly increased more than seven times to over $1 trillion compared to $134.3 billion in 2014.
- JK Rowling, the “Harry Potter” author is to receive the PEN/Allen Foundation Literary Service Award. Previous winners include Toni Morrison, Salman Rushdie and Tim Stoppard. PEN has cited Rowling’s advocacy for free expression; her nonprofit organization Lumos, which works to reconnect institutionalized children with their families; and her founding of the charitable trust Volant, which supports multiple sclerosis research and other causes.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Update – 26 January 2016
- Alice Vaidyan has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of the General Insurance Corporation of India. Note that : She is the first woman to be appointed in such post not only in the GIC Re, but the first in the Indian insurance sector.
- Karnataka’s Malpe beach has become India’s first beach to provide free 24/7 WiFi service to visitors. It is given by the telecom company BSNL and is available for free usage for 30 minutes per number and 4G speeds can be accessed.
- Beverage giant Coca-Cola has announced that it will launch dairy-based beverages under the brand name ‘Vio’ starting January 26. Initially, these drinks will be exclusively be available in Reliance Retail’s stores and will make their debut across the country next month. Vio, which has been launched in the US in 2009, will be available in ‘Kesar Treat’ and ‘Almond Delight’ variants.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has sought an additional ₹26,000 crore from the government by 2018 for capital infusion into Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) banks for implementation of the Basel-III norms in the banks. Basel-III is a global voluntary regulatory framework that measures the market liquidity risks of banks. The government has already pledged ₹70,000 crore for the purpose by the end of FY19.
- Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Petroleum and Natural Gas, has launched an online payment facility for booking LPG refill cylinders in Mumbai.
Sports News Daily Current Affairs Update – 26 January 2016
- Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna with their partners has entered quarterfinals of Australian Open Tennis.
- In Australian Open Johanna Konta has become the first British woman to reach a Grand Slam quarter-final in the last 32 years.
- The governing body of Olympic games, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) has eased the guidelines for transgender athletes, they can take part in the competition without undergoing genital reconstruction surgery now. According to the old guidelines, transgenders had to undergo sex reassignment surgery followed by at least two years of hormone therapy before competing at the Olympics.
- National award-winning South Indian actress Kalpana Ranjani has passed away. She was the winner of the National Award in 2012 for the best-supporting actress for her role in the Malayalam movie ‘Thanichala Njan‘.
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.