ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based daily Current Affairs pdf to cover all important happening. Here is a sincere attempt to bring clarity to important topics from today’s current gk topics.
National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 26 May 2016
The developments in the National sphere are listed in this section. Usually examiners ask GA or current GK questions in personal interviews and exams focussing on recent events to check how informed you are.
☀ Pinarayi Vijayan has become the 22nd Chief Minister of Kerala. He is currently a member of the Politburoa of the Communist Party of India (Marxist). He will be heading a 19-member cabinet.
☀ Union Cabinet has approved 6 new IITs at following places. It also approved the conversion of Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad to an IIT.
- Jammu (Jammu and Kashmir),
- Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh),
- Palakkad (Kerala),
- Dharwad (Karnataka),
- Bhilai (Chhattisgarh).
☀ The Centre has issued Standard Operating Procedures for government offices under ‘Swachh Bharat Mission‘, stating that penalty will be imposed for littering and spitting inside office premises. Further, open urination and non-collection of construction or demolition waste by the contractor will be penalised. The order also makes it mandatory to form a sanitation committee for every department.
☀ Andhra Pradesh will become the state with highest solar capacity in the country. A total capacity of 4,000 MW, the highest in the country, has already been sanctioned.
☀ Aiming to create 21 million new jobs by 2025, the Union Cabinet has approved India’s first-ever National Capital Goods Policy. It aims to create an ecosystem for a globally competitive capital goods sector and increase production to over ₹7.5 lakh crore from the current ₹2.3 lakh crore by year 2025.
- What are Capital goods? Capital goods are those which are used in manufacturing of other goods.
☀ The Union Cabinet has given its approval for introduction of two Bills in the Parliament for certain amendments in the Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order, 1950. These bills seek to modify the list of Scheduled Tribes in respect of five States –Assam, Chhattisgarh, Tamil Nadu, Jharkhand, Tripura. They also seek identification of new communities in the Union Territory of Puducherry.
- The Bills add the following communities to the list of Scheduled Castes :
- Assam : Inclusion of Boro, Boro Kachari, Bodo, Bodo Kachari and Karbi (Mikir) communities.
- Chhattisgarh : Inclusion of Bhuinya, Bhuiyan, Bhuyan, Dhanuhar/Dhanuwar,Kisan, Saunra, Saonra and Dhangad communities.
- Jharkhand : Inclusion of Bhogta, Deshwari, Ganjhu, Dautalbandi (Dwalbandi), Patbandi, Raut, Maajhia, Khairi (Kheri) and Puran communities.
- Tamil Nadu : Inclusion of Malayali Gounder, Narikoravan and Kurivikkaran communities.
- Tripura : Inclusion of Darlong community in the list.
- Puducherry: Identification (First Order) of Irular (including Villi and Vettaikaran).
☀ The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has decided to test an Air-breathing Propulsion System after successful test of Reusable launch Vehicle- Technology Demonstration (RLV-TD). The air-breathing propulsion system aims to capitalize on the oxygen in the atmosphere instead of liquefied oxygen while in flight.
☀ Food regulator Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has decided to remove Potassium Bromate from the list of permitted food additives.
- This comes after a study by the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) claimed that potassium bromate – a cancer-causing agent, banned in several countries – was found in bread samples in nearly 84% of 38 commonly available brands.
☀ Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has announced that waitlisted and RAC (reservation against cancellation) ticket holders can now cancel their tickets by dialing 139. Earlier, this facility was available only for confirmed ticket holders.
☀ The Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) has decided to launch (All School Monitoring Individual Tracing Analysis)- ASMITA, a student tracking system programme under Shala Asmita Yojana (SAY).
- ASMITA programme will track the educational journey of 25 crore school students across 15 lakh schools, both private and government.
- The programme uses students’ Aadhaar numbers to create a database regarding student attendance, enrolment, mid-day meal services, learning outcomes and infrastructural facilities.
☀ Odisha has promulgated an ordinance for the mandatory use of Odia in all official communication.
- Article 345 of the Indian Constitution deals with the official language of a state. It empowers state legislature to adopt ‘any one or more of the languages in use in the State or Hindi as the language or languages to be used for all or any of the official purposes’ of the concerned State.
International News Important Current Affairs PDF – 26 May 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which a person must be aware of.
☀ Afghan Taliban has named Mullah Haibatullah Akhunzada as their new Chief after confirming the death of former leader Mullah Akhtar Mansour.
☀ Defence Ministers of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) have adopted a joint declaration calling for freedom of navigation in the South China Sea. It comes as a response to China’s increased military presence in the region. The Defense Chiefs of the 10 ASEAN countries met in Laos’s capital, Vientiane. They said that freedom of navigation and aviation must be upheld to ensure regional peace and stability.
☀ The World Bank has launched Pandemic Emergency Finance Facility (FEP) to help countries and health agencies fight deadly disease outbreaks.
- The FEP is a financing mechanism to quickly mobilize funds
- Aimed at tackling global disease outbreaks and create a new insurance market for pandemic risk.
- It was unveiled at the G-7 Finance Ministers Summit held in Ise-Shima, Japan.
- Japanese Government has become the first donor, committed to donate $50 million dollars.
Economics News Today’s Current Affairs PDF – 26 May 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy.
☀ Eurozone finance ministers have agreed to give Greece access to bailout loans of €10.3 billion ($11.5 billion) and short-term debt relief measures, such as locking in lower interest rates and easing repayment schedules. Note : Greece’s debt stands at €321 billion, 180% of its GDP.
☀ Snapdeal-owned digital payments platform FreeCharge has appointed Govind Rajan as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Freecharge has also elevated Co-Founder and former CEO Kunal Shah as the company’s Chairman.
☀ India has signed a $100 million loan deal with the World Bank to develop the Karnataka Urban Water Supply Modernisation Project which will provide piped water to different cities in the state.
- Hubbali-Dharwad twin cities have been chosen to start off the project.
26 May 2016 – Sports News Today Current Affairs PDF
The following important current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view. Questions might also be asked in upcoming banking and SSC CGL 2016 exam about the following.
☀Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic has remained as number 1 ranked player for 200 weeks, becoming the 5th player in the history of the sport to achieve this feat. The other four players are,
- Jimmy Connors (268),
- Ivan Lendl (270),
- Pete Sampras (286)
- Roger Federer (302)
☀ Renowned Chinese writer, Yang Jiang, has died at age of 104 years. Yang was known for her prolific works as a household name in China for her novels, plays, essays and translated works.
☀ Afghan officials have confirmed the death of senior Taliban leader Mullah Muzamel, identified as the shadow governor of Helmand province. This report came days after Taliban chief Mullah Akhtar Mansour was killed by an American airstrike in Pakistan.
☀ Renowned Pink Panther star Burt Kwouk has passed away at 85 years of age. He was best known for playing Inspector Clouseau’s manservant Cato in the Pink Panther films franchise.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s current events of importance. Please share your comments with us. You can download the current affairs pdf by clicking on print button and saving it as a pdf. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.