These current affairs updates have all concepts that may be useful for upcoming bank po and ssc cgl 2016 exams explained. Share it with your friends and spread the love.
27 June 2016- National News Daily Current Affairs Updates
Here are todays current affairs being published by ExamPariksha.com covering relevant fact based daily important news. To include all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section.
☀ Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the ‘Smart City Mission’ involving 83 projects from 20 different cities in the country. The ambitious mission of Union Government was launched at function held at Pune’s Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex one year after it was announced.
☀ The West Bengal government in its Budget for 2016-17, has proposed a 9.1% increase in tax collection against the 2015-16 figure. WB state had earlier failed to achieve its target of tax collection in 2015-16 and will now need to rely on central funds for its developmental projects in 2016-17.
☀ The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) chaired by Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has approved the purchase of 145 Ultra-Light Howitzers (ULH) guns from the US.
- As part of Foreign Military Sales (FMS) route deal, 25 ULH guns will come to India directly from US in a fly away condition, while rest of them will be assembled in India.
- It will cost approximately 750 million dollars.
- The proposed Assembly Integration and Test facility (AITF) for the weapon system in partnership with Mahindra and Mahindra Company will assemble them in India.
International News Important Current Affairs Updates – 27 June 2016
The following exampariksha listing of international news has important todays current affairs updates which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC, SSC CGL 2016 and State PSCs.
☀ Zubaida Bai, an Indian social entrepreneur, has been named among the ten ‘2016 Global Compact SDG Pioneers’, an initiative launched by the UN.
- She is the founder of ‘Ayzh’. It is a for-profit social venture providing health and livelihood solutions through technology solutions to impoverished women worldwide.
☀ Guðni Jóhannesson, a history professor, has won Iceland’s presidential election in a vote held in the aftermath of the Panama Papers leak in April. Jóhannesson will replace Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson, who served 20 years as head of state.
☀ India has become the only country outside US’ formal treaty allies to gain access to almost 99% of America’s defence technologies. This comes after the US recognised India as a ‘major defence partner’earlier this month. This will entail licence-free access to a wide range of dual-use defence technologies to India.
☀ European Union has appointed Belgian Didier Seeuws, a longtime aide to former EU President Herman Van Rompuy, to head EU’s special task force to negotiate Britain’s exit.
Economics News Today’s Current Affairs Updates – 27 June 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy. We hope this collection on exampariksha.com helps you in increasing your financial awareness.
☀ The Panama Canal, has been expanded to allow bigger vessels to pass at a cost of $5.2 billion. The enlarged canal will reduce sailing time between Atlantic Ocean ports and Asia up to 16 days for big ships which could not previously fit.
27 June 2016 – Todays Current Affairs Updates Sports News
The following important todays current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view.
☀ The Indian contingent for the Rio Olympics went up to 103 members, which is the highest ever, after five sportspersons qualifying in the last 24 hours.
- Sprinter Muhammad Anas became the 100th member of the contingent when he qualified for the 400-metre event.
- India’s largest contingent before 2016 was sent at London 2012, with 83 members.
☀ Eminent Odia writer Mohapatra Nilamani Sahoo has passed away. He was a recipient of many awards and recognition for his literary works.
- Sahoo was bestowed with the Orissa Sahitya Akademi Award in 1979 for his story book ‘Akasha Patata‘.
- For ‘Abhisapta Gandharba‘ (a compilation of short stories), he received the Sarala Award in 1983 and Kendra Sahitya Akademi Award for the same book in 1984.
P.S. Usually examiners ask current day to day GK based questions in personal interviews and exams focusing on recent events to check how informed you are. We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important current affairs updates. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.