The Current Affair Capsule is a brief collection of all news of the day. ExamPariksha.com makes a list all important news points day to day.
National News Important Current Affairs Update – 27 May 2016
ExamPariksha publishes day to day current affairs capsule covering relevant fact based daily news to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Here is a sincere attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios from today’s current news.
☀ Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced that the retirement age of government doctors across the country will be increased from 62 years to 65 years.
☀ The HRD Ministry has launched Bharatavani – India’s first and largest multilingual dictionary in the form of a mobile app. It is currently featuring 35 multilingual dictionaries.
- The ministry has also launched the Bharatavani web portal that features 130 dictionaries, glossaries and terminology books in 22 languages.
- The Central Institute of Indian Languages (CIIL), Mysuru is implementing it.
- Bharatavani is the first knowledge portal of its kind in India with focus on becoming a single point source for multiple language learning, content and technology.
- The portal will feature content from Indian writers, government and non-government organisations, boards of education, textbook corporations, universities, publication houses and academies.
- The Bharatvani app will also enable users to search for one language text in another language as well as get meanings of words in different languages.
☀ Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari has launched 20 Nirbhaya buses of Rajasthan State Transport Corporation with multiple safety measures to better protect women passengers. These Nirbhaya bus security measures include Vehicle Tracking System (VTS), CCTV and panic buttons on every seat.
☀ Indian Railways have launched its ‘Roll-on Roll-off’ service to carry loaded trucks on freight trains and reduce congestion on roads. The service was promised in the budget this year. It is expected to increase the freight carried by Railways while cutting carbon emissions at the same time.
☀ The Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, has recently chaired his 12th interaction through PRAGATI – the ICT-based, multi-modal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation.
- PRAGATI: It is a unique integrating and interactive platform, aimed at addressing common man’s grievances, and simultaneously monitoring and reviewing important programmes and projects of the Government.
- This platform bundles three latest technologies:- Digital data management, video-conferencing and geo-spatial technology.
- It also offers a unique step in the direction of cooperative federalism since it brings on one stage the Secretaries of Government of India and the Chief Secretaries of the States.
- The Prime Minister is able to discuss the issues with the concerned Central and State officials with full information and latest visuals of the ground level situation.
- It is also an innovative project in e-governance and good governance.
- It is a three-tier system (PMO, Union Government Secretaries, and Chief Secretaries of the States).
- It is also a robust system for bringing e-transparency and e-accountability with real-time presence and exchange among the key stakeholders.
☀The Central Information Commission (CIC) has directed the Lieutenant-Governor of Delhi and the Union Home Ministry to disclose the report on the basis of which Delhi Assembly was dissolved in November 2014, saying the Lieutenant Governor does not enjoy immunity from disclosing such reports.
International News Daily Current Affair Capsule – 27 May 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked from current affairs capsule in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
☀ The 42nd meeting of G-7 Nations has begun in Japan. Economy, security and tensions in East and South China Seas are the main topics to be discussed. The G7 – Group of Seven countries are:
- United Kingdom,
- United States
☀ Indian-American Neera Tanden has been appointed by the Democratic party to a panel to draft its November presidential election policy agenda. Ms. Tanden, is a long-time associate of Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton. The 45 year old is being touted as a potential cabinet member if Ms. Clinton becomes the US president in the November general elections.
☀India, which has emerged as the world’s second largest mobile market, is also the 5th largest producer of e-waste, while discarding roughly 18.5 lakh tonnes of electronic waste each year.
☀ The US has designated two Pakistan-based Islamist groups with links to Taliban and Lashkar-e-Taiba as Specially Designated Global Terrorists.
- Tariq Gidar Group (TGG)
- Jama’at ul Dawa al-Qu’ran (JDQ)
Economics News Today’s Current Affair Capsule – 27 May 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy.
☀ Capital market regulator, SEBI is set to de-list over 4,000 listed companies whose shares aren’t actively traded. This clean up includes 1,200 companies whose shares have been suspended from trading on the BSE and NSE for the past seven years.
☀ About 58% of software installed in computers in India in 2015 was unlicensed. India comes second after China in the Asia-Pacific Region under the commercial value of unlicensed software sold in 2015.
Sports News Current Affair Capsule – 27 May 2016
The following important current affairs capsule about sports news are relevant from exam point of view. Questions might appear in upcoming banking and SSC CGL 2016 exam about the following.
☀ In French Open, Indian tennis player, Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna along with their partners have entered the second round in women’s and men’s doubles.
☀ The Russian Tennis Federation has named their suspended tennis player Maria Sharapova, among four players, to compete in women’s singles at the Rio Olympics. Note that: Sharapova was earlier suspended from competitions, after testing positive for a banned substance Meldonium.
Usually examiners ask GA or current GK questions in personal interviews and exams focussing on recent events to check how informed you are. This is our contribution towards making students more aware of what to study and what to ignore in daily news. We hope this compilation of current affair capsule was useful for going through today’s important events. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.