National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 28 April 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based daily Current Affairs to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA or current GK questions in personal interviews and exams focussing on recent events to check how informed you are. Here is a sincere attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios from today’s current gk.
>> The Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) has asked the NITI Aayog to explore all government services and delivery schemes for expanding the scope of DBT, which at present, encompasses government schemes like Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, whereby directly crediting payments to bank accounts.
- About 30% of DBT is through Aadhaar; and about Rs 4,000 crore is paid monthly for 57 such government schemes.
- Note that: The government has been successful in using the DBT for transfers in cooking gas (liquefied petroleum gas, or LPG) and foodgrain.
- The use of DBT in LPG has enabled the Centre to eliminate duplication.
>> Union Tourism Ministry has launched National Monuments Authority Web Portal called NOC Online Application and Processing System (NOAPS) which will provide a single window clearance within 6 working days to applicants seeking a no-objection certificates (NoC) for construction-related works near the 3686 ASI protected monuments across the country.
>> A Parliamentary panel report on the Consumer Protection Bill 2015, has suggested to make legal provisions to make celebrities accountable for misleading advertisements.
- The existing laws are not deterrent enough to discourage manufacturers or publishers from using such personalities for misleading ads.
- This panel has suggested legal teeth to the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) to curb misleading ads, besides proposing severe penalties, jail and cancellation of licence of those involved in food adulteration.
- The panel also suggested the government to clearly and comprehensively define the word ‘endorsement’ in the bill so that there is no room for any misinterpretation or ambiguity.
- Background: Some celebrities have come under fire for endorsing brands misleading consumers. Recently, Indian cricket captain M S Dhoni had to resign as brand ambassador of Amrapali after residents of a housing society started a protest against the builder and the cricketer on social media.
>> The Shyam Benegal Committee has submitted its recommendations to the Ministry of Information and broadcasting. It was set up by the Ministry on 1st January 2016. The Highlights of the recommendations of the committee broadly cover areas related to:
- Film Certification Process and its simplification,
- Restructuring staffing pattern of Central & Regional censor advisory panels (it recommends 50% representation of women on each panel) with a view to recommending a framework that would provide efficient and transparent user friendly services.
- Recertification of films for purposes of telecast on television and
- Measures to preserve the identity of Indian Cinema.
- Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) should only be a film certification body categorizing the suitability of the film to audience groups on the basis of age and maturity.
- CBFC should refuse certification only when a film contains anything that violates the provisions of Section 5B (1) of the Cinematograph Act, 1952.
- The categorisation of films should be more specific and apart from U category, the UA Category can be broken up into further sub-categories – UA12+ and UA15+. Similarly, the A category should also be sub-divided into A and AC (Adult with Caution) categories.
>> A Naval Detachment (NAVDET) has been inaugurated at Androth Island of Lakshadweep by the Vice Admiral Girish Luthra, AVSM, VSM, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Southern Naval Command.
>> K Ashok Kumar, a food engineering research scholar from IIT Kharagpur has won the prestigious International Plant Nutrition Scholar Award. This award carries a cash prize of USD 2,000 and a recognition certificate.
Important Current Affairs Updates International News- 28 April 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
>> South Sudanese rebel chief, Riek Machar has been sworn in as vice-president. This appointment is a step towards ending a conflict that has killed thousands since civil war erupted in December 2013, plunging the country into a humanitarian crisis. The rebel leader was welcomed by President Salva Kiir ahead of forming a Unity government in the capital Juba.
>> Genetically distinct, ancient Himalyan wolf is still present in Nepal, as confirmed by scientists. The Himalayan wolf — most ancient wolf lineage known — is sited in Nepal’s largest protected area- the Annapurna Conservation Area. It is believed to have undergone distinct isolated evolution and is of particular conservation concern. It been listed as Critically Endangered in the National Red List.
>> Canada has confirmed its first positive case of sexually-transmitted Zika virus in an Ontario resident. Zika is transmitted to people mainly through bite of an infected female mosquito.
>> Lobsang Sangey has been re-elected as the Prime Minister of the Tibetan government-in-exile for the second consecutive term.
>> Scientists have created the world’s tiniest thermometer that is 20,000 times smaller than a human hair, using DNA structures that can fold and unfold at specifically defined temperatures.
Economics News Today’s Current Affairs Updates – 28 April 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy.
>> The Maharashtra cabinet has approved the draft of ‘Maharashtra Pulses Price Regulatory Act’, whereby traders will have to sell the pulses at the government-approved prices for six (6) months after it comes into operation.
>> NABARD has lent Rs. 1000 crore to Haryana State Warehousing Corporation (HSWC) for wheat procurement.
>> The Income Tax (I-T) department will now add interest amount to a delayed refund made on excess tax deducted at source (TDS) cut and will also not litigate with the deductor on this issue in the future. This has been issued by the Central Board of Direct Taxes to the assessing officers of the IT department.
>> Isuzu Motors has opened its 1st manufacturing facility in India at its Greenfield maufacturing unit at SriCity, Andhra Pradesh.
>> India has imposed Anti-dumping duty on the import of telecom gear from Chinese companies Huawei, ZTE Corp and Alcatel. This has been done to protect domestic manufacturing industry from cheap competition.
>> The Joint Parliamentary Standing Committe has cleared the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Code.
>> Lok Sabha has passed by voice vote the Union Railway Ministry”s bid to create a 1 lakh crore rupees safety fund named Rashtriya Rail Sanraksha Kosh to strengthen the safety measures on the rail network in a comprehensive way.
- This fund would be used for track renewal and upgradation, bridge rehabilitation, elimination of level-crossings, construction of road over bridges/road under bridges, replacement and improvement of signalling system, improvement and upgradation of rolling stock, replacement of electrical assets and human resource development.
>> Cadbury has inaugurated the largest Asia-Pacific facility in India.
28 April 2016 – Current Affairs Updates Sports News Today
The following important current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view. Questions might appear in upcoming banking and SSC CGL 2016 exam about the following.
>> Badminton ace Nandu Natekar has been inducted into the Legends Club, founded by the late Cricket Club of India president Raj Singh Dungarpur, as the first non-cricketer. Natekar has thus become the first non-cricketer be added to CCI’s Legends Club.
>> Riyad Mahrez became the first African footballer to win the PFA Player of the Year. It is an annual award given to the player who is adjudged to have been the best of the year in English football.
>> TVS Racing has signed Shreya Sunder Iyer as it’s first woman rider for the upcoming two-wheeler Indian National Rally championship.
>> Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front Founder Amanullah Khan has passed away ate age of 82 years.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s current events of importance. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.