National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 28 January 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs daily to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA GK questions in personal interviews focussing on recent events to check how informed you are, is an attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios also.
- Union Cabinet has approved a proposal for raising 17 more India reserve battalions by Jammu and Kashmir and Left-wing extremism (LWE) affected states.
- Delhi Government has constituted a commission of inquiry to probe into the complaints of crime against women in the national capital since February 2013. The commission will have a two-year tenure and submit report of its findings every three months from the date of its first sitting. It will suggest necessary amendments to relevant laws and recommend whether any case of negligence is made out prima facie in these cases. This commission is headed by : Dinesh Dayal.
- The Cabinet has decided to increase the authorised capital of National Scheduled Caste Finance Development Corporation (NSCFDC). After this, its capital will increase from 1,000 crore to 1,200 crore rupees.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 28 January 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- 27th January is observed as the International Day of Commemoration in Memory of the Victims of the Holocaust (International Holocaust Remembrance Day). This day commemorates the genocide that resulted in the death of an estimated 6 million Jewish people, 2 million Romani people, 250,000 mentally and physically disabled people, and 9,000 homosexual men by the Nazi regime and its collaborators.
- An Indian origin Dentist Sajeev Koshy, settled in Melbourne has been honoured with the highest civilian honour, the Order of Australia. Koshy has been awarded for his service to dentistry in Victoria, Australia.
- India has been ranked at 76th position in terms public sector corruption out of 168 countries in the Transparency International Corruption Perceptions Index 2015, improving its position from 85 in 2014 and 94 in 2013. Denmark has the top spot for the second consecutive year as the least corrupted country.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Update – 28 January 2016
- On the 67th Republic day, Bajaj Auto has announced that it will release the new ‘V’ range of motorcycles forged from the metals of India’s first aircraft carrier INS Vikrant, that was decommissioned in 2014. This new range is expected will be launched in the 150cc segment with a top speed of 110 kmph.
- Japanese telecommunications company Soft Bank has revealed its plans to start a phone store staffed by ‘Peppers’, its humanoid robot. Pepper, launched in June 2015, it is capable of recognizing and responding to human emotions and remembering faces.
- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan has joined the World Economic Forum (WEF) task force to study the future of the global financial system. It will look into the emerging markets, regulatory and monetary policies, technology, and loss of trust in financial services.
- Japanese automaker Toyota has topped 2015 global sales by selling 10.15 million vehicles, thereby retaining its top position for the fourth consecutive year. It is followed by Volkswagen and General Motors respectively.
Sports News Daily Current Affairs Update – 28 January 2016
- India’s top pistol shooter Heena Sidhu has claimed the Gold medal in women’s 10-meter air pistol event at the Asia Olympic Qualifiers. She has secured Olympic Quota.
- India has regained the top spot in the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Test rankings after four-and-a-half years. Australia is ranked second and the third-placed was occupied by South Africa.
- Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis have defeated German-Czech pair- Juilia Goerges and Karolina Pliskova to book a place in the Australian Open doubles finals. The top ranked Indo-Swiss pair will face the seventh-seeded all-Czech combination of Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Hradecka in the finals.
- Hollywood Actor Abe Vigoda has passed away. He was best known for his role as mobster Tessio in the movie The Godfather, and is also famous for the television series Barney Miller.
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.